Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Serene_Potato

To All Whiners, plus some suggestions

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

BBs arent underpowered, players arent playing them well. People steaming battleships straight between two Clevelands, then saying that their BB doesnt have enough DPM, gets set on fire, gets killed to easily, etc.

There's no problem with the blue line, just that most people arent good enough to aim for the blue line instead of where the bow is pointing.

Before you whine on the forums, get good first.

Now, some problems that do in fact need fixing:

Let's face it, the fire mechanic in WOWS is a bit overpowered. Maybe allowing BBs to have the fire prevention perk increased to -25% of fire, this allows them to survive 2-3 salvos from a Cleveland without being set on fire every time by the second salvo. That or reduce the chance of HE to set ships on fire to 3%. Cleveland (in the worst case) can hit 10 shells, 10*25% would give a 100% chance to set a ship on fire. However, 10*3%=to 30%. This would mean that the Cleveland would have to fire off 4 salvos to guarantee a fire. This at least gives the BB a chance against the endless fires (that are % based and therefore take more off BBs).

US DDs, they have excellent guns that they cannot use, as when they fire, they reveal their position. Yet if they are to use their torpedoes, they'll get spotted as well. They can only work against enemy DDs, and when these are dead, all they can hope for is that enemy BBs would get dumb and steam straight around an island to get ambushed. I personally do well in my US DDs, but objectively looking at the issue, US DDs do seem on the difficult to play side (especially when you compare them against the Japanese DDs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ).

Edit: This post might need to be moved to Suggestions section :v

Edited by Serene_Potato

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

HE are being Balanced

HE shells have so much balancing issue in this game ever since Alpha Test (I remember when HE (both Bombs and Shells) only could deal up to 10% of its damage then get massive buff afterwards)

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

Lol.

People aim for where the ship's bow is pointing instead of the actual blue line that stops the ships and just makes them drift a bit to the sides. Maybe a bit of common sense could be used while aiming?

People seem to be completely unaware that the blue line stops ships from going past the line.

So many shots sailing over my head when I accidentally blue line.

Edited by Serene_Potato

Beta Tester
9 posts
2,592 battles

People aim for where the ship's bow is pointing instead of the actual blue line that stops the ships and just makes them drift a bit to the sides. Maybe a bit of common sense could be used while aiming?

People seem to be completely unaware that the blue line stops ships from going past the line.

So many shots sailing over my head when I accidentally blue line.

You are missing the whole point of problem regarding blue-line abusing.

What you suggest is basically making the victim to come up with a solution for a problem caused by abusers.

Here is an example.

Let's assume we are living in a world where there is no law against robbing a grocery store at gunpoint.

Needless to say, lots of grocery stores will be robbed, and the complaints among the store owners arise.

So what does the government do?  They come up with a weird law so the store owners can get a gun of their own at free of charge.

Okay, free gun is nice, but why do victims have to do make a correction?

Actually, what they should do is to make grocery store robbery a felony, punishable by law.  That way, those wannabe robbers will think twice before robbing the store, and those foolish enough to actually carry out the act will be punished.

That's pretty much what is happening at PT 4.1 server.

Honest players have to learn a different way of aiming - which is completely useless when dealing with other honest players - so they can deal with blue-line abuser.

A problem occurs, and the victim has to make correction? How is that normal?

What should happen is WG coming up with some kind of penalty for blue-line abusing which will eventually prevent most of the blue line abusing cases from happening, and punish those who abuse it anyway.

There is a root cause, and there is side-effect problems caused by it.  If you need to fix it, you need to go after the root cause.

Patching the aiming system to make it a bit easier to hit blue line abusers might appear to solve the problem, but it can't make the fundamental problem go away. Blue-line abusing cases will continue to happen. It's just like a bandage slapped over a deep wound.

If you want to how years of bandaging (covering up side effects while ignoring the root cause) meeses up a potentially great game, look up a game called Navyfield.

(Actually, their response to gameplay abusing wasn't that bad. They had the same borderline abusing issues, but they went after the root cause and fixed it. What they screwed up is inter-class balancing issues, which they kept adding bandages instead of going after the root cause)

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

BB not underpower, but random shell spread at close range are kind of suck 12 shell at 3km range and hit only 1 the rest go short or beyond target ... but it will be fix in next patch and i think it will be good enough 

Edited by WindCruiser

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
2,080 battles

BB not underpower, but random shell spread at close range are kind of suck 12 shell at 3km range and hit only 1 the rest go short or beyond target ... but it will be fix in next patch and i think it will be good enough 

This. A BB at close range should be able to nuke a DD or cruiser but they spray shells everywhere (as well as their secondaries). You just need to look at the number of guns on the thing to realise they're a porcupine and should behave like one when you get too close. 

Also OP give me a break. It's an effing game and there's a serious issue with people abusing the blue line. WG need to fix this issue or they'll lose customers, not the customers fix the issue of scumbags abusing a badly designed mechanic.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Please add this, Destroyer is not YOLO-class ship. Don't be a trigger happy Destroyer and feeder to the enemy, just get in close and fire all your torpedoes.

125 posts
913 battles

Please add this, Destroyer is not YOLO-class ship. Don't be a trigger happy Destroyer and feeder to the enemy, just get in close and fire all your torpedoes.

spot on, seen so many DD CA and BB trying to yolo and not looking at the map..

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

That's pretty much what is happening at PT 4.1 server.

Honest players have to learn a different way of aiming - which is completely useless when dealing with other honest players - so they can deal with blue-line abuser.

A problem occurs, and the victim has to make correction? How is that normal?

I'll never understand the issue people have with hitting ships hugging the blue line.

Mind you I still hold to my idea of having a kraken sink a ship that hugs the blueline for longer than 40 seconds,

but it's not like one has to make some kind of magical trick shot to hit a blue lining vessel.

Point a bit more to the left/right and you're golden...

Edited by Retia

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

This. A BB at close range should be able to nuke a DD or cruiser but they spray shells everywhere (as well as their secondaries). You just need to look at the number of guns on the thing to realise they're a porcupine and should behave like one when you get too close. 

Also OP give me a break. It's an effing game and there's a serious issue with people abusing the blue line. WG need to fix this issue or they'll lose customers, not the customers fix the issue of scumbags abusing a badly designed mechanic.

Another one of those people who didn't think before they speak. If secondaries get buffed with accuracy all US destroyers up to tier 8 is just free exp. Think people, Think!

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
2,080 battles

Another one of those people who didn't think before they speak. If secondaries get buffed with accuracy all US destroyers up to tier 8 is just free exp. Think people, Think!

Can't tell if being serious or taking the piss... :sceptic:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Can't tell if being serious or taking the piss... :sceptic:

No, he's right, Playing DD is currently painful with painful average win, painful Torp hit rate, painful weak guns, painful armor, painful lowest damage

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
2,080 battles

No, he's right, Playing DD is currently painful with painful average win, painful Torp hit rate, painful weak guns, painful armor, painful lowest damage

I'm at Tier V down the US DD line and play with 4 seconds of desync still (WG still haven't fixed this issue completely as it's intermittent) so I have to aim 4 seconds in front of enemy ships. I know all about the painful grind of the US DD line (was at higher tiers in CBT). The problem is people see "buff secondaries" and they respond without thinking. Buffing secondaries might mean a buff for an increase in firing range, accuracy, ROF or something else so they're no longer firing at 5km with less than 10% chance of hitting. Had probably 50 or so battles in my Yamato and out of the hundreds of shots fired from my 1st battery of secondaries, I only recall seeing a couple of hits. Just useless. Still prefer to play the US DD line though compared to BB lines as they just not enjoyable due to speed with the US line and lack of AA where CVs just ruin you. 

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Main gun battery team are well trained....secondary batteries crew are the cooks that were recruited when no one else was available.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I'm at Tier V down the US DD line and play with 4 seconds of desync still (WG still haven't fixed this issue completely as it's intermittent) so I have to aim 4 seconds in front of enemy ships. I know all about the painful grind of the US DD line (was at higher tiers in CBT). The problem is people see "buff secondaries" and they respond without thinking. Buffing secondaries might mean a buff for an increase in firing range, accuracy, ROF or something else so they're no longer firing at 5km with less than 10% chance of hitting. Had probably 50 or so battles in my Yamato and out of the hundreds of shots fired from my 1st battery of secondaries, I only recall seeing a couple of hits. Just useless. Still prefer to play the US DD line though compared to BB lines as they just not enjoyable due to speed with the US line and lack of AA where CVs just ruin you. 

Stop, please post this Desync issue at prpper thread

(Another Wall of text? Meh...)

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
2,080 battles

Stop, please post this Desync issue at prpper thread

(Another Wall of text? Meh...)

Hang on a second, where's the wall of text? 3.5 lines is a wall of text and the fact I bring up I still have the desync issue in passing comment (making it even more difficult to play the US DDs) makes you write that? Good work champ! :great:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Hang on a second, where's the wall of text? 3.5 lines is a wall of text and the fact I bring up I still have the desync issue in passing comment (making it even more difficult to play the US DDs) makes you write that? Good work champ!

:great:

Oh well, regardless that, I still agree with you

Sign in to follow this