Sign in to follow this  
BrickGaming

"Unable to extract updates" error

2 comments in this topic

7 posts
483 battles

[This is a copy-paste from Bug Reports (Normal WoWS forum) and General Discussions forum(s), if you're a mod, plz help move the topic w/ same title and delete this!]

Guys, this error has been persisting. I know that this has been seen numerous times, but sadly, the first 0.4 public test was not enough to fix it.

I have this error again. You may see the picture:

Untitled.png (P.S. It's quite small, pic is attached.)

I have tried to install the public test for 0.4.1, however the installer downloads it, starts extracting it, and at around 84+% it says "Unable to extract updates". I have confirmed that the issue does not lie with my firewall or AV (antivirus). I have also run the program as administrator, and disabled the torrents. However, these all do not work. I have closely examined the logs and conclusively attributed this error to this file:

E:\Games or related\World of Warships\World of Warships PublicTest game files\UpdatesData\temp\AGT024_21in_MK14_Torpedo_Tubes_Quad_dead_lod1.model.b85567bf.temp

Now that I know the file, I should be able to get it from the WoWS main server installation, correct? Nope. I copied it over. Still dosen't work. Someone, please help!

*For some reason, WoWS does not allow logs. Here's the log link. Click here to view.

[Edit: Just realised something: In the Block Quote, around the back (before .temp) there is a string of alphanumerical letters. Those are random - maybe that can help. ]

Duplicate thread - please do not make duplicate threads on different sections of the forum. Thread locked, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

If you want something to be moved just report (the button on the bottom left of the page) your own post saying where you want it moved, which is a much more efficient way of doing things than making another thread with the same content elsewhere.