Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rhades

Safety warning in firing Torpedoes

9 comments in this topic

4 posts
5,924 battles

Hello, I just hope the guys in war gaming would find a safe way in firing Torpedoes. I'm not a Premium Account user,  but it would be a disappointment if you are been sunk by a teammate who fired his torpedo everywhere. I know at the end of the game you will be compensated, but I liked to finish the game and hone my skill. but I got sunk because a team mate try to sink a island which i am using as cover. A simple warning on the mini map when a friendly ship fire a torpedo his ship would blink or change in color,  When you select the torpedo and no enemy ship targeted but a friendly in the area, "WARNING friendly ship in the area". When you aim the torpedo to the friendly ship, "Warning that a friendly". The game is fun and I enjoy it you given us the opportunity to own good ship with powerful cannon and devastating torpedo. But its not fun at all if you got sunk by a friendly who did not fallow rules. Right now I play in Co op credit and experience low, But it safer.

Beta Tester
27 posts
2,554 battles

You can't remove friendly torp damage and warnings would just be annoying the 99% of the time you don't get hit by friendly torps.

I mean it sucks, And I hate getting hit by friendly torps like I did the other night after telling the t3 USDD that it was way out of range after it's first salvo nearly hit me.

All you can do is rage in chat afterwards. Still surprised I haven't had a chat ban for that. Or do WG look at the replays and leave it if they consider it warranted? LOL.

Edited by MadRon

4 posts
5,924 battles

I am just concern that the team kill would be reduce,  and torpedoes are devastating Tier 1 destroyer can destroy a tier 7 or 8 battleship if got lucky

in WOT you got no chance Tier 1 tank against tier 7 or 8. but here the higher the tier you got the more devastating power you have, to destroy the enemy.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

You could alternatively just look around for friendly enemies and warn them on chat that you have torpedoes in their general direction.

Also, there is no tier 1 destroyer.

4 posts
5,924 battles

Oops, your right no Tier 1, no problem in giving a warning with my team i can do that, but the problem is my team mate they did not warn me. lots of this happen if you watch video in you tube. A guy manage to destroy a Battleship with his Cruiser very happy proud, all of a sudden a torpedo alarm came up he panic search the area, there white torpedo coming on his broadside 4 salvo. His ship sunk and no warning he received from his team mate. The game is free and enjoyable but the player who do not follow rules of engagement should be punish. 

3 posts
511 battles

I have only hit 1 friendly and sunk them and apologised and got the standard retort "NOOB" which I deserved. I've learnt that if you have friendlies in front of you just use your guns and wait for a better moment to unleash them. I think alot of players get a little tunnel blind also and run in front of the torps and don't even try to avoid.

Situational awareness is your friend, :)

Sign in to follow this