You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Yob80

A big hint to people coming over from WoT

38 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

This is something that I have really noticed in the last year or so in WoT, and is now coming across to WoWs as more WoT players take it up.  Ok here goes, rant on:

KILLING ALL IS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO WIN!

In fact due to the distances and time available in this game to win, capping is almost always a better option to go for.  Im sick of loosing games watching teammates sail off into the sunset chasing 1 last kill or 1 last hit of dmg instead of helping to cap.

I just watched 4 teammate ships sail into the far corner of the map chasing 1 fuso instead of them coming into the cap circle with myself and a DD.  The DD and I were killed by their 4 cap defenders, but we killed 2 of them and almost got a 3rd, so 4 EXTRA teammates would have won us the game.  Instead they lost it for us due to their want or need to get 30% of the dmg on a fuso.

GRRRR Rant off:

so really, capping is viable people, use it.

125 posts
913 battles

welcome to those who have been affected by the " kill all dont cap" people
too many games ive come across those kind.. either i get plenty of draws or a loss

the last 5 minutes are crucial and i would try to rally my team to do that. most listen though
just the handful of nuggets though who bring their kill all no cap mentality from their WoT to here. we dont need that

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

Im not saying cap always, but people need to be aware of the difference with this to WoT.  You cant just zip across the map in 20-30s to reset cap.  You cant just all yolo rush a side and actually have a good hope of wining.  Ive seen my team loose because they all chased the enemys last DD around the map, and they were in BB's....so you can see how this turns out.

Killing all is fun, and is good when it happens, but lord almighty people, stop putting it above everything else, even wining.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Some peolle says games it's not about winning

While the other says otherwise

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I personally don't care how much damage I do, so long as it is a win.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

This is something that I have really noticed in the last year or so in WoT, and is now coming across to WoWs as more WoT players take it up.  Ok here goes, rant on:

In fact due to the distances and time available in this game to win, capping is almost always a better option to go for.  Im sick of loosing games watching teammates sail off into the sunset chasing 1 last kill or 1 last hit of dmg instead of helping to cap.

I just watched 4 teammate ships sail into the far corner of the map chasing 1 fuso instead of them coming into the cap circle with myself and a DD.  The DD and I were killed by their 4 cap defenders, but we killed 2 of them and almost got a 3rd, so 4 EXTRA teammates would have won us the game.  Instead they lost it for us due to their want or need to get 30% of the dmg on a fuso.

GRRRR Rant off:

so really, capping is viable people, use it.G

GOGOGOGOGOGO Chase enemy Flat top!!!!1

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I personally don't care how much damage I do, so long as it is a win.

Unfortunately, Not to say DDs, I have seen so much Utter _____ Battleship go chasing off a CV......

Can you imagine, You just had a Huge game and your team consist of these M_____(s) - and you can do Nothing about it?

:angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

...which in turn would not be representative of chasing after a win, Alvin.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

GRRRR Rant off:

so really, capping is viable people, use it.

True... That's always the case. You need just that few more guns but Murphy says NOPE...

GOGOGOGOGOGO Chase enemy Flat top!!!!1

Mean while on the CV bridge together with the air boss....

srnNRM4.gif

While this happens to your team

OAWQPro.gif

CV captain and air boss be like

YP0boZ1.gif

Meanwhile on your ship...

LGwreUq.gif

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

True... That's always the case. You need just that few more guns but Murphy says NOPE...

Mean while on the CV bridge together with the air boss....

srnNRM4.gif

While this happens to your team

OAWQPro.gif

CV captain and air boss be like

YP0boZ1.gif

Meanwhile on your ship...

LGwreUq.gif

IKR!!!

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

And most people usually don't bother to reset the cap! They have no clues.........

Or they try to start capping with only a minute left on the clock.

37 posts

Lost/or ended a draw several games 'coz my team mates decided to hunt down that lone DD or that pair of slow BBs off to the other side of the map. With me getting pummeled into the depths of Iron Bottom Sound when I am the last one standing (or floating in this case)