Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
x1xReaverx1x

Did battleship accuracy get a nerf?

8 comments in this topic

Super Tester
197 posts
2,395 battles

I used to love my Kongo, put accuracy mod on it and used to get a kill or two per game with 20 to 30 hits.  Lately its been shoot, shoot, shoot....  Straddle, straddle, straddle....  Miss, Miss MISS.  I can't hit a cruiser to save my life now.  I had a Cleveland waste me in a one on one.  He was half health, i was full health and he killed me at his max range hitting me up to 8 times a salvo and all i did was straddle. I hit him twice in 8 salvos and he didn't even take any avoiding action.  He sunk me in a very frustrating exchange.  This is just 1 example.  i fired 20 + salvos in a game for just 4 H.E  hits and they came on a destroyer of all things that had been cheeky enough to get within 6 k.  he torped me any way whilst a Furataka wasted me from 11k with impudence as my shells went....  You guessed it.  Straddle, straddle, straddle. 

Sigh  Is it my imagination or are BBs now a waste of time.  I love playing my cruisers and destroyers  I get loads of hits and a kill or two.  My true love is Battleships but i CANT HIT ANYTHING DARN IT

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I think something with the shell dispersion may have been worked with. But don't fret. in 0.4.1 we'll be able to hit ships at 3KM. wished it was 5km but hey.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

You NEVER EVER one on one a Cleveland in the current build.

As for why:

- May be he angled very well?

- May be you didn't aim well?

- How close are you to him?

- What Ammo are you using?

- Do you know how to shoot the Cleveland's Citadel?

RNGeus, although frustrating, you won't miss every shot if you aimed well - At least you can get 1 citadel in 1-2 salvo.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

Probably more so than any other class of ship BB's are subject to the highest order of RNG'esus. If you get a horrid RNG sequence in a cruiser or DD then it is quickly forgotten as you do not have to wait long before you launch your next salvo. But on a BB you are likely to have to wait for 30 seconds before your guns are reloaded and if that again is hit with the RNG gremlins then you are going to start taking it personally!

This is one of the major reasons why I don't like playing BB's - RNG can be rather punishing.

125 posts
913 battles

I had this discussion on General Chat and Question Chat. I guess ill have to repeat it here. How are you playing your BB? I dunno about you but i have little to no problems playing mine. Shots dont always hit their mark but I dont salvo my shots unless im within a certain range where i know all of them will connect. If im far away from my my target i load shot after shot this way i have a continuous barrage of shots towards my target and i can correct my range from the first. The further you are the more likely youll miss if you dont correct your range and lead.

Super Tester
197 posts
2,395 battles

Been leading single turrets till i get the straddle with two shells, then if ship doesn't change course i open up with all available guns as they load.  as i said, im getting straddles, some over, some under.  The enemy ship literally is covered in splashes but no hits.  Its crazy.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Been leading single turrets till i get the straddle with two shells, then if ship doesn't change course i open up with all available guns as they load.  as i said, im getting straddles, some over, some under.  The enemy ship literally is covered in splashes but no hits.  Its crazy.

Depends, but I personally prefer full salvos, its more risky in terms of aim, but it allows shots to be more clustered and therefore a greater chance of citadels. Also the issue with the accuracy is negated if you play BB's with lots of guns like the Wyoming, New Mexico and Fuso. Worst comes to worse you can get close and have the secondaries do the damage or ram CA's and CL's

Sign in to follow this