Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nikolaevna

Arkansas Beta

6 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Well love it or hate it, the Arkansas Beta does have its rare moments. And yes, both battles had enemy CVs with an unrelenting desire to sink me first. Having said that, kudos to the CV player who voluntarily kept his fighters over me throughout the battle at risk to his own ship. =)

Kdy0gyM.jpg

3GFMdsO.jpg

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

What ammo did you use? I find that HE is best for it since it get's a 36% fire chance.

Did you watch the 1st Bad Advice video by WG?

Yeah, that video is real bad advice, promoting people to use no-skill HE ammunition. That's why I'm wrecking other BB in my BB, because they fire HE at me while I AP their citadel. :hiding:

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

it is a good ship, people they it hopeless because it has no AA but as I said once b4 AA at low tiers doesn't do much damage to aircraft anyways and aircraft will drop bombs torpedos etc anyways b4 they die

and I have a 62% win rate in mine and yes AP is king in this BB plus with 6 modules to add things to it is a good tier 4 BB and poor range doesn't mean a thing cuz if u get close to the enemy they die pretty quick

Alpha Tester
392 posts

What ammo did you use? I find that HE is best for it since it get's a 36% fire chance.

No fixed preference, but I often use AP for battleships/cruisers and HE for destroyers. The 'Devastating Strike' medal you see above? I got it from firing a full broadside on a destroyer who turned his side to me in an attempt to launch his torpedoes. He was in full health. Had I loaded AP rounds, they would've went thru his hull causing only a fraction of the intended damage, and his torpedo strike might have succeeded.

Sign in to follow this