Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
greifer

Torpedo Timers for each Launcher Side of the Boat

7 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

The timing mechanism for when torpedo's are launched is quite handy, however there are times when it is frustrating in not showing a count down.

For example, the Furutaka has a torpedo launcher per side of the boat. If you fire the port side launcher, there is no timer, unless you fire the starboard side. This can be frustrating as you select '3' to launch another spread, and the cone of the spread appears as yellow (not ready) with no indication as to when they are armed.

I know its not easy to adjust the GUI on the client that we view, however a suggestion would be to the left of the torpedo option have three small windows to show the timers, or two for timers on each side of the boat?

Again its easy for us to propose, but the coding of the GUI may be too difficult to implement.

Note: My bad, this should be in suggestions under the developers forum, can a mod please move this post there.

Edited by greifer

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

You could just mod it, or ask a modder to do it for you.

Or if you want to know the timers...just press the "3" button and see?

Super Tester
630 posts
9,481 battles

I have this problem as well I don't mind pressing 3 and checking but sometimes during broadside on broadside battles I sometimes load HE when I try to switch back by accident, It's not too much of a big issue but I wouldn't mind if there were torpedo timers for each side of the ship stated somewhere without having to press 3.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Selecting 3 does not have it appear, which is the issue. As its a launcher on each side, it only appears when you have fired both.

Not sure if a mod can handle that extra information on the GUI, rather than replacing something existing, thus why this post was created.

If there is a feature to view timers from one side of the boat whilst the other hasn't been fired, I am more than happy to hear and try those!

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Selecting 3 does not have it appear, which is the issue. As its a launcher on each side, it only appears when you have fired both.

Not sure if a mod can handle that extra information on the GUI, rather than replacing something existing, thus why this post was created.

If there is a feature to view timers from one side of the boat whilst the other hasn't been fired, I am more than happy to hear and try those!

It does, there is a countdown timer at near bottom of the screen (similar to gun reloading timer).

Sign in to follow this