You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
oceanfall

Any way to change the server NA to ASIA?

17 comments in this topic

31 posts
328 battles

I accidentally downloaded the game in NA client. Now I'm playing on NA client. But I'm in Sri Lanka. I'm facing some issues like freezing and stuttering. So is there any way of changing the server? Or do i have to download the Asia client? 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

No.

You need a Separate account on Asia (Same with other server) to play on the Asia Client.

You need to download the Asia Client as well. Your NA Client works only on your NA Account.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Unfortunately there is no way to change servers. You'll have to download and start all over on the Asia server.

If you have spent money submit a ticket to support. They may, or may not, be able to help you out.

Good luck!   :honoring:

10 posts
392 battles

I saw a thing along time ago to change the region folders or something over from NA to Asia for World of Tanks. Never seen anything to do the same for this game so I am afraid you'll have to do a complete reinstall of the Client http://worldofwarships.asia/en/content/game/

Edited by Scott_Free

1,079 posts
3,888 battles

You won't be able to use whatever you have in the NA client on the Asia one,but you also don't need to download the Asia client seperately. Follow the instructions in the following link,and you can access either from the one launcher ( my brother and I set up NA accounts this way and its easy to switch):

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/4690-how-to-change-server/

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

All you need to do is edit the server list.

use that link above to learn how to..

it works for me....

31 posts
328 battles

You won't be able to use whatever you have in the NA client on the Asia one,but you also don't need to download the Asia client seperately. Follow the instructions in the following link,and you can access either from the one launcher ( my brother and I set up NA accounts this way and its easy to switch):

I tried it, but it don't work. I'll re download the game. Its around 5 gigs. So it won't matter.:)

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Ah... you forgot to change the name.... we are now not using CBT ASIA anymore right? we are using WOW ASIA

redownload wont matter unless you change the directory of the new game.. if you dont change the path, it will stay the same... (it happen to me)

<server online="true">
        <host addr="login.worldofwarships.jp:20020" alias="CBT ASIA"/>
        <login>piksel</login>
        <password>login1</password>

<host addr="login.worldofwarships.com:20020" alias="CBT NA"/>
        <login>piksel</login>
        <password>login1</password>
    </server>

Edited by XP_On

31 posts
328 battles

Ah... you forgot to change the name.... we are now not using CBT ASIA anymore right? we are using WOW ASIA

redownload wont matter unless you change the directory of the new game.. if you dont change the path, it will stay the same... (it happen to me)

yeah, I used as WOWS ASIA, not as CBT. But it won't work. 

Edited by oceanfall

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

in 5 hours i will back home, i'll post the scrip for references, i really wonder because it works for me...

Edit:

WOW or WOWS?

Edited by XP_On

[APS]
80 posts
6,488 battles

I did that, but a few updates back it stopped working.

1,230 posts
2,681 battles

Its WOWS not WOW.

U guys are both wrong :)

it's WoWS, to be nice

edit: Get ready for new 5gb download, start counting so it finishes faster, I should add this to not create topics

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8468-list-of-do-not-create-topics/ 

^please see that thread so you could consider for creating any more threads;)

Edited by Conkhead_12

Super Tester
752 posts
3,429 battles

The name between the quotation marks is just what shows up in the server list and the server name that shows up in-game (won't stop you from connecting or anything like that)

This method still works since I still use it to connect to both the ASIA and NA servers from the same client - the only thing I do differently now is instead of editing the original, I load the modified version via the res_mods folder (since the original occasionally gets overwritten during patching)

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,520 battles

I accidentally downloaded the game in NA client. Now I'm playing on NA client. But I'm in Sri Lanka. I'm facing some issues like freezing and stuttering. So is there any way of changing the server? Or do i have to download the Asia client? 

i am playing from sri lanka too!