You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XP_On

Is it matter who got the finishing blow?

30 comments in this topic

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I am new on this game, but i was wondering something. 

On my progress playing this game when playing as Cruise, or Battleship . i found out that going solo and try to kill as many on your own, often wont do good for the team and result with me sunk by the enemies 

So now i tend to join the pack and hunting the enemies together.... but this make a new situation arise, about who gave the finishing blow and destroy the enemy ship

is it matter who destroy the enemy ship? (exp bonus or such?)

is there any code to finishing a dying enemy? like let the one who first found her to kill her?

thanks for responding....

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Yes.

is there any code to finishing a dying enemy? like let the one who first found her to kill her?

No, a destroyed ship is a destroyed ship.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

If there was such a thing, nobody on this server (especially dead_man_walking, Harpoon01 or MeloMelonSoda) would honour it :trollface:

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

so just keep hit all those ship with red mark on them right? 

thanks... now i wont feel guilty if my lucky shot finish a dying ship. :D the one who gave her damage already got exp from hit then...

thanks again.....looking forward to play with you follow capitain

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Yes.

No, a destroyed ship is a destroyed ship.

If there was such a thing, nobody on this server (especially dead_man_walking, Harpoon01 or MeloMelonSoda) would honour it :trollface:

It's a gun you take it out, it doesn't matter who started hitting it, get rid of it before it destroys you or a team mate losing you the game.

A ship on 1hp is just as dangerous as a ship on 15000hp.

edit - you don't "own" a kill just because you fired a couple of shots at it.   

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
982 posts

It's a gun you take it out, it doesn't matter who started hitting it, get rid of it before it destroys you or a team mate losing you the game.

A ship on 1hp is just as dangerous as a ship on 15000hp.

edit - you don't "own" a kill just because you fired a couple of shots at it.   

You know, that's one thing I see so much of in battle. One enemy ship will be on very low health and everyone keeps shooting at high/full health ships next to it instead of kicking over the near death one.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Human instinct at Random Battle, with Random Player, with No leader whatsoever, no Strategic instruction, and not in matter of death or faith

It is just a game

Winning this battle alone won't grant you anything great, except you are in a tournament

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

You know, that's one thing I see so much of in battle. One enemy ship will be on very low health and everyone keeps shooting at high/full health ships next to it instead of kicking over the near death one.

Reason why I get out of sniper view after every salvo.

That and torpedoes... and destroyers... and overall checking up on map/teams/myself/bacon.

I have the same habit in WoT, fire shell, instantly go into 3rd person and check surroundings.

After all it isn't real tank combat where one has to stay on the target and confirm the hit/kill, the game already does that.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

XP/Credits rewards depend on the amount of damage you dealt, not by number but by percentage of enemy ship HP that you caused.

Hitting a Destroyer for 50% of their hp gives as much reward as hitting a Battleship for 50% of their hp.

In WoT, getting a kill nets you a little bit of XP. However, in WoWS getting a kill equals to 15% of enemy ship's hp, thus getting a kill actually give decent reward too. The reason for this, said by WG devs, is that it is crucial to taking enemy ship's out of action, because a ship with a fraction of health left can still deal as much damage as a ship with full health. Thus, the reward is there to encourage people to score actual kill instead of going for raw damage, especially ships with high Alpha damage like battleships.

If you see a ship with low health that you can reliably kill, then by all means go for it. Although if you are confident that your teammates can finish the weak enemies off, then switch to another target, pick ones that suit your ship's capability. Don't try to shoot a Destroyer at 15km+ with your Battleship though, because you'll miss anyway.

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,287 battles

All that matters is getting rid of the red guy, doesn't matter one little bit who gets the final shot away as far as i'm concerned.

I've stolen kills and had them stolen, it all works out even in the end.:coin:

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Human instinct at Random Battle, with Random Player, with No leader whatsoever, no Strategic instruction, and not in matter of death or faith

It is just a game

Winning this battle alone won't grant you anything great, except you are in a tournament

Use real naval strategy, techniques or formations to play but 75% of our teammates don'tlisten haiz.... -.-.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Use real naval strategy, techniques or formations to play but 75% of our teammates don'tlisten haiz.... -.-.

They didn't do what you do, or do you?

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I am new on this game, but i was wondering something. 

On my progress playing this game when playing as Cruise, or Battleship . i found out that going solo and try to kill as many on your own, often wont do good for the team and result with me sunk by the enemies 

So now i tend to join the pack and hunting the enemies together.... but this make a new situation arise, about who gave the finishing blow and destroy the enemy ship

thanks for responding....

Sinking a ships don't give you more exp or credits you are just basically kill stealinh and lots of Commanders hate it so do I. The only thing to give you lots of credits and exp by gaining more hits such as score a fire, citadel, critical damage,  flooding, incapitations or defending the base. Also shooting down aircraft also give you more credits too.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I used the Crossing the T/Line of battle naval warfare tactics which enemy ships heading to me from Latitude and then i just sail through them by longitudinal and let them by firing their front guns towards me only so they can't broardside me meanwhile I firing them from full broardside.

[Naval warfare tactics from USS.Johnston during the battle of Leyte Gulf]

Edited by davud1537

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I used the Crossing the T/Line of battle naval warfare tactics which enemy ships heading to me from Latitude and then i just sail through them by longitudinal and let them by firing their front guns towards me only so they can't broardside me meanwhile I firing them from full broardside.

[Naval warfare tactics from USS.Johnston during the battle of Leyte Gulf]

The coward will be punish IRL, not in this game

Is like they don't give a f-word of your life at all

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

The coward will be punish IRL, not in this game

Is like they don't give a f-word of your life at all

Then who give a damm i use this does'nt mean I cheat it called naval tactics and you do know that most of the battles is draw or defeat are caused by your teammates so why not use it and try to damage or hit more enemy ships to decrease their hitpoints to gain superiority on winning.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Oh, yeah, I remember when someone call that I'm cheating when able to rekt 3 ship in a rwo in very short time

Let them be, yesterday i used that formations on enemy BB with my New Mexico they said I cheat when their shells keep missing me and I sunk them they said I hack... I was totally like does this Commander play MMO games before??? Or just being sour?? :sceptic:
Edited by davud1537

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Let them be, yesterday i used that formations on enemy BB with my New Mexico they said I cheat when their shells keep missing me and I sunk them they said I hack... I was totally like does this Commander play MMO games before??? Or just being sour?? :sceptic:

Worf Barage and RNG at its best