You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupis

So Mikasa....

37 comments in this topic

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yup. Performed within expectations - crappy damage with her main guns, but if anyone is silly enough to get within 5km of you, it gets creamed.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Yup. Performed within expectations - crappy damage with her main guns, but if anyone is silly enough to get within 5km of you, it gets creamed.

I guess as much. But she fills out my biggest criteria. History.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I guess as much. But she fills out my biggest criteria. History.

I had the chance to visit her at Yokosuka some years back. Beautiful ship and yes, loaded with history. I don't care if she doesn't perform well in-game, I just want her in my port.

Naturally, the first thing I did when I took her out was to stick the Zulu flag on her. "I require a tug The Empire's fate depends on the result of this battle, let every man do his utmost duty."

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I had the chance to visit her at Yokosuka some years back. Beautiful ship and yes, loaded with history. I don't care if she doesn't perform well in-game, I just want her in my port.

Naturally, the first thing I did when I took her out was to stick the Zulu flag on her. "The Empire's fate depends on the result of this battle, let every man do his utmost duty."

Well that's why i got the Aurora. She's dripping with history. form the Ruso-JPN war to WW1 to the October revolution. 

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Mains are woefully inaccurate (already expected). Secondaries are lulzy.

Any reason not to designate a primary target for the secondary guns? Does that have similar effects to doing so with the AA?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

maybe they have done this with this ship to try and teach other BB players to get closer to the target rather than run away or sit at max range and try to be a sniper .

from the looks of this ship she is very good at close range but horrible at long range even if it is only 9km gun range.

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

She's a tough ol girl.. Had a good first run in her.. The dispersion is unusual. and quite funny.. I was shooting at a South Carolina about 4K away , she was heading away from me and I was firing my forward guns, I aimed right at her and fired and my round went low to the right straight into the drink.. And I mean very low and and to the right..  

I liked using her tho.. despite that.. 

Edited by Fire_Spy

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Any reason not to designate a primary target for the secondary guns? Does that have similar effects to doing so with the AA?

First thing I did when that DD was lit behind the island. However, it doesn't give it any bonus like AA, it just tells my secondaries to prioritize it over any other available target. But as you can see, my port secondaries still fired on the cruiser while my starboard and stern guns fired on the DD as they're the only things they could each shoot at.

125 posts
913 battles

So, is it worth buying her?

well its a t2 bb and although im not sure whether it sees t4-5 ships ( i dunno if i got this right), but at t2 and 3 its quite good if you know what youre doing.

Beta Tester
36 posts
1,887 battles

Just had a few games in it and i kinda like it, it does pretty well up close against all types of ships. I didn't find it to much trouble to take out enemy DD at close to mid range, I destroyed 3 DD in one match. I didn't find the AP shell that effective so i just used HE all the way. I have had 2 loss and 4 wins in it so far being matched up with nothing higher than tier 3 and when i did lose i was in the top 3 for my team so i don't think its to bad.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Guess i will give her a try... Hope i don't get my butt [content removed] by St. Louises... 
But only 1 upgrade slot available... Seems not so good.

Inappropriate Content.  Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
36 posts
1,887 battles

Guess i will give her a try... Hope i don't get my butt [content removed] by St. Louises... 

But only 1 upgrade slot available... Seems not so good.

Don't buy it based on what i have said if you can't spare the $ I have only had a few games in it i just like it from what i played so far. Wait and see what other ppl think of it.

Quote Updated.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I'm in love. i managed to bully a St Louis in my Mikasa. i took most his health off while he did very little. He didn't know whether to poop or go blind.

Also what skills should i focus on her captain?

Edited by Lupis

Beta Tester
9 posts
2,074 battles

I'm in love. i managed to bully a St Louis in my Mikasa. i took most his health off while he did very little. He didn't know whether to poop or go blind.

Also what skills should i focus on her captain?

Fire Prevention and Advanced Fire Training definitely.