Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
redthunder

Making them Different - Separate Cruiser Lines And Others

5 comments in this topic

37 posts

Why not really separate them into Light And Heavy Cruisers? I mean, someone here probably suggested that at some point. Similar to how some tech trees in World Of Tanks have branches that lead to different tanks that offer different play styles. (i.e. the Russian Heavy Tank Line)
There's probably enough ships out there to populate both a Light and Heavy cruiser line for both the IJN and the USN. This would be undoubtedly be more relevant to the USN line since it would pretty much define which line makes use of torpedoes or guns.

And how about some unique high Tier premium destroyers like a certain representative of the Japanese Shiratsuyu Class (which has a technical reading of being a modification of the Hatsuharu Class of destroyers.) which fought in the First Guadalcanal campaign who managed to heavily damage USS Portland before being hit, badly damaged, abandoned and sunk later. This Destroyer of the Shiratsuyu class is well known in this battle because she has seen using hammocks as sails after being badly damaged earlier. I guess those sails should be seen on the ship if it is ever added to this game (it would probably penalize the ship's overall stealth but would give her a better overall turning rate)

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I believe WG wants to first implement each nation with a full "standard" tree(if possible) before they start splitting classes.

About high tier DD prems, there was the Sims for the USN but that was part of the pre-order ships that probably won't be on sale for quite a while (up to one year I believe), otherwise we'll just have to patient.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Soon™

But it maybe considered, though the argument is how to play it or the role in the game.

Edited by Mingfang47

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Why not really separate thento Light And Heavy Cruisers? I mean, someone here probably suggested that at some point. Similar to how some tech trees in World Of Tanks have branches that lead to different tanks that offer different play styles. (i.e. the Russian Heavy Tank Line)

There's probably enough ships out there to populate both a Light and Heavy cruiser line for both the IJN and the USN. This would be undoubtedly be more relevant to the USN line since it would pretty much define which line makes use of torpedoes or guns.

And how about some unique high Tier premium destroyers like a certain representative of the Japanese Shiratsuyu Class (which has a technical reading of being a modification of the Hatsuharu Class of destroyers.) which fought in the First Guadalcanal campaign who managed to heavily damage USS Portland before being hit, badly damaged, abandoned and sunk later. This Destroyer of the Shiratsuyu class is well known in this battle because she has seen using hammocks as sails after being badly damaged earlier. I guess those sails should be seen on the ship if it is ever added to this game (it would probably penalize the ship's overall stealth but would give her a better overall turning rate)

Too easy to different shape a CL or CA.... And DD there no lower or higher they are just split it into DD or DDE.

37 posts

Oh, and How About Adding Beehive/Cluster rounds for the BBs? I mean they were used during WW2 (The Bombardment of Henderson Field comes to mind).

Basically, as a way for BBs to damage soft targets in an area. Possible use for future special game modes like... Defend the Airfield!/Outpost! (I.e. you can basically treat the Airfield as large immobile carrier with nearly unlimited AI driven Airplanes. It should be placed in a corner of the map, land locked to avoid torpedo hits (well duh). Of course it should have its own AA defenses but is quite vulnerable to Dive Bomber and , as said earlier, Cluster/Beehive round attacks. 

Of course the Cluster round would also work on fast moving, soft targets like... ahem, you get the idea. It would also deal fairly minimal damage to heavily armored targets and would not cause Fire directly. But having a large area sprayed with shrapnel would definitely do something bad to much of your ship's crew (Commander Wounded Status?)

Sign in to follow this