Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheLastMinotaurPC

WoWS gold rounds

15 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

I've just been thinking; What's your idea on the new dreaded "gold rounds" of WoWS? If it's like the HEAT shells in WoT (That can penetrate my t11oe3's front upper superstructure) then i'm going to guess a super OP torp such as the "drill" torpedo in James Bond 'Die another day':trollface:

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

I know of only 3 types of round for ship combat

You have your 'shot' which is a solid AP round (proffered by the British) this has best pen but realise on damage done by the shot passing may levels of the ship giving slinter damage as well

Then you have your 'shell' a mostly solid round with a small HE charge inside. (proffered by the Germans) this has less penetration then the shot but the small HE charge will do more damage (they could however not detonate as sometimes this charge would pop out during shell penetration and not detonate)

Then there is the HE

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

sorry, wasn't sure if this was an alpha thing that we (none alpha) didn't know about.

Anyway as I mentioned above only 3 shot/shell types come to mind and both the AP have their pros and cons

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
207 posts
1,259 battles

I do not want to see gold rounds at all.  Model should be the same as WoT - Free To Win.

If you mean rounds that can be purchased with gold *or* with credits - same as in WoT - then I would also prefer not to see that.  It's not very feasible either, as pointed out above, with regards to historytm.  But it is likely to be inevitable.

Alpha Tester
20 posts
1,210 battles

But it is likely to be inevitable.

Sadly all too true, I'm also firmly in the camp of No Thanks to premium rounds. I think they've made a mess of WoT and would prefer they were avoided here.

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Sadly all too true, I'm also firmly in the camp of No Thanks to premium rounds. I think they've made a mess of WoT and would prefer they were avoided here.

I agree as i stated earlier pointing and clicking with guaranteed pen involves no skill.

Alpha Tester
165 posts
100 battles

I've just been thinking; What's your idea on the new dreaded "gold rounds" of WoWS? If it's like the HEAT shells in WoT (That can penetrate my t11oe3's front upper superstructure) then i'm going to guess a super OP torp such as the "drill" torpedo in James Bond 'Die another day':trollface:

new gold rounds?  Was this printed somewhere for future inclusion?

695 posts
2,153 battles

new gold rounds?  Was this printed somewhere for future inclusion?

Hey let then just get the mechanics right, before we start the penetration creep in this game too.
Edited by Twisted0ne

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

Hey let then just get the mechanics right, before we start the penetration creep in this game too.

This could be interesting because the US 16"/45 Mark 6 gun was originally intended to fire the lighter 2,240-pound (1,020 kg) Mark 5 AP shell. However, the shell-handling system for these guns was redesigned to use the "super-heavy" 2,700-pound (1,200 kg) APC Mark 8 shell, my guess is WG might see the second round as a gold round. the interesting thing with this is the Iowa and Montana class used the 16"/50 Mark 7 gun, now this gun was intended to fire the lighter Mark 5 AP shell but in service never used this shell, which begs the question will WG try and put this lighter round forward as the stock shell knowing it was never used in service by the Iowa (or Montana had she been completed).

Alpha Tester
3 posts
173 battles

I like the sounds of an APBCHE Premium shell. Like the Premium AP round for the SU-100Y less pen, more damage but it would have a moderate blast radius of HE.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

I am pretty sure there will be premium rounds and other premium consumables in the game. There needs to be an income for WG in the game, and premium account + premium ships alone, will not cut it. And I am also pretty sure the premium rounds and premium consumables will be purchasable for ingame credits, just like in WoT. All WG's WorldOf.... games are based on a Free to play, but not pay to win model. Premium rounds are not pay to win, unless they resets RNG so allways hits, allways pen, and allways one-shots you.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,641 battles

"Premium rounds are not pay to win, unless they resets RNG so allways hits, allways pen, and allways one-shots you."

No, that is my Platinum rounds that do that :trollface:

Sign in to follow this