Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupis

Day in the life of a BB.

50 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

8:00AM Fires after carefully aiming is shots. result miss. 

8:20AM After reloading BB manages to miss again.

8:30AM BB is now on fire due to rapid firing Cruiser.

8:50:AM puts fire out as DD comes into USN DD torpedo range 4.5-5.5KM. BB reacts and fires his guns. Watches as his shots go either past or in front of the DD.

9:00AM BB is now dead. BB goes back to port ashamed that it only got 4 hits in that game.

I'm baffed how anyone thinks BB's are fun. You get little reward for having stupidly long reloads. 30 second reload and we don't even get to hit often. Really wondering why BB's are in here apart from getting the fanbase from that Japanese "Shipgirl" Anime/game.

BB's either need quicker reload to compensate for the piss all accuracy or BB's get some sort of aim assist. Fun>realisim

Edited by Lupis

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

8:00AM Fires after carefully aiming is shots. result miss. 

8:20AM After reloading BB manages to miss again.

8:30AM BB is now on fire due to rapid firing Cruiser.

8:50:AM puts fire out as DD comes into USN DD torpedo range 4.5-5.5KM. BB reacts and fires his guns. Watches as his shots go either past or in front of the DD.

9:00AM BB is now dead. BB goes back to port ashamed that it only got 4 hits in that game.

I'm baffed how anyone thinks BB's are fun. You get little reward for having stupidly long reloads. 30 second reload and we don't even get to hit often. Really wondering why BB's are in here apart from getting the fanbase from that Japanese "Shipgirl" Anime/game.

BB's either need quicker reload to compensate for the piss all accuracy or BB's get some sort of aim assist. Fun>realisim

Tip: Learn to pick your target, and to pick your engagement range.

And no, this has nothing to do with anime or anything like that whatsoever.

Faster reload is unhistorical, not gonna happen in most cases (other than Bismarck maybe). Accuracy, well it depends on statistics.

Balance > Fun. Remember sometimes fun equal imbalance (Minekaze, Cleveland, etc :hiding:)

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

I get my 66% win rates mostly from my battleships.

They are fun to play. I citadel CAs and CLs and BBs.

Survives with 8hp. Repairs to 10k. Rekts enemy team.

As above.

I love destroying other ships with Citadel hits.

BB's are fun to play, especially the Warspite.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Only time I get lit on fire like that is if I charge straight into a bunch of cruisers. Otherwise, sitting at 7-10km, moving at full speed with rudder shifts generally lets me kill them faster than they can burn me down.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Tip: Learn to pick your target, and to pick your engagement range.

And no, this has nothing to do with anime or anything like that whatsoever.

Faster reload is unhistorical, not gonna happen in most cases (other than Bismarck maybe). Accuracy, well it depends on statistics.

Balance > Fun. Remember sometimes fun equal imbalance (Minekaze, Cleveland, etc :hiding:)

WG never claimed this game is historic. This is an arcade like game.

Can't wait for IJN DD's to be "balanced" aka nerfed into the ground like thier US counterparts.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

BB's are fun to play, especially the Warspite.

+1 To the Warspite, its a brillant ship IMO. 

On Topic: I think after the short range buff is implemented, BB gameplay would be much more enjoyable.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Short range buff was freaking needed. Now we need some assistance for mid to long range. Ya know where most engagements happen in this game.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Now we need some assistance for mid to long range. Ya know where most engagements happen in this game.

This is intended. You want Laser BBs One-shotting everything in their way?

The Devs Specifically said no to this. I quote,"If you don't like it, play Cruisers".

BBs are easy mode. Real man play DDs. #DDMasterRace

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

This is intended. You want Laser BBs One-shotting everything in their way?

The Devs Specifically said no to this. I quote,"If you don't like it, play Cruisers".

BBs are easy mode. Real man play DDs. #DDMasterRace

I'd say Cruisers are more easy mode. they hit more often :P

depends on the DD. USN DD or IJN DD?

anyway my issue with BB's is no matter how well i aim i always miss from extreme range to 10km, while the enemy never miss a beat. Really grinds my gears.

Edited by Lupis

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Yes please, QQ harder so that battleships get buffed into the stratosphere, they might already be nearly OP, but I'd really like to go around facestomping everything because all the pubbies have no idea how to play them properly and just spend all their time QQ'ing about how bad they are.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I'd say Cruisers are more easy mode. they hit more often :P

depends on the DD. USN DD or IJN DD?

Duh, Battleship can take more damage, Had Healing ability, Great Guns, Secondaries that kill any DD try to torp it.

If you had good situation awareness and stick with at least a teammate, you are basically invincible.

Cruisers are only easy mode on the Cleveland and the Mogami.

Yes please, QQ harder so that battleships get buffed into the stratosphere, they might already be nearly OP, but I'd really like to go around facestomping everything because all the pubbies have no idea how to play them properly and just spend all their time QQ'ing about how bad they are.

^^^ Pretty much this.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

yes let's totally ignore any sort of complaint and toss it all together as QQing. Urgh i'm sure you were one of the people who QQ'ed about DD's setting everything on fire.

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,251 battles

I think BB game play is fine, it just takes time to get used to, they are difficult to learn but after you figure it out they are amazing to play, a BB is more of a support class than most people expect, they are good as a distraction for your cruisers and DD's and occasionally make an captain cry as you get 5 citadel penetrations. heres a few tips that help me play.

1. a BB needs supporting fire, never hold off a flank on your own unless you know its a 1v1 fight or you know you can kill them in 2-3 salvos per ship or until backup can arrive

2. don't get into situations expecting a citadel pen to screw up the enemies plan of attack, many times RNGeseus has decided that you will not penetrate that lightly armored target no matter how many shells you sacrifice.

3. due to the long reload of your guns you need to think much further ahead than most other classes so, if you think a DD is going to come close or you know your AP shells will over or under penetrate, fire your current AP salvo then load HE, if the situation changes, fire the HE anyway and reload the AP.

4. due to the slow speed of most BB's you need to plan your ships movements well in advance to plug holes in the defense or go out on the attack, its better to spend the battle near your base and not do as much damage but win than run to have to tun back to the base because the enemies were rude enough to cap.

5. if you you can afford to do so,don't be a pussy! if there's a stalemate between a few cruisers at a cap point, run through the lines and disrupt their formation, that will allow for your allies to followup and clean up the distracted enemies.

6. the best accuracy of a battleship is generally between 5-16 km's or medium range (depending on ship and tier) so don't sit back, American BB's,even though their slow, they are excellent brawlers and the close range fighting will reduce the likeliness of DD's and CV's from launching torpedoes at you in risk of a visit of the pink name fairy

7. relax, win rate and kill to death ratio isn't everything, just have fun

these are the things i do when playing, hope they help you in future battles

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

yes let's totally ignore any sort of complaint and toss it all together as QQing. Urgh i'm sure you were one of the people who QQ'ed about DD's setting everything on fire.

Now This is call QQ-ing my friend.

Hate to use this again, but LTP. BB are very forgiving to play already.

BTW just in case, I suppose Jingles had a really huge impact on people - He himself don't have a good aim either and keep complaining the accuracy to BBs.

Edited by Alvin1020

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I think BB game play is fine, it just takes time to get used to, they are difficult to learn but after you figure it out they are amazing to play, a BB is more of a support class than most people expect, they are good as a distraction for your cruisers and DD's and occasionally make an captain cry as you get 5 citadel penetrations. heres a few tips that help me play.

1. a BB needs supporting fire, never hold off a flank on your own unless you know its a 1v1 fight or you know you can kill them in 2-3 salvos per ship or until backup can arrive

2. don't get into situations expecting a citadel pen to screw up the enemies plan of attack, many times RNGeseus has decided that you will not penetrate that lightly armored target no matter how many shells you sacrifice.

3. due to the long reload of your guns you need to think much further ahead than most other classes so, if you think a DD is going to come close or you know your AP shells will over or under penetrate, fire your current AP salvo then load HE, if the situation changes, fire the HE anyway and reload the AP.

4. due to the slow speed of most BB's you need to plan your ships movements well in advance to plug holes in the defense or go out on the attack, its better to spend the battle near your base and not do as much damage but win than run to have to tun back to the base because the enemies were rude enough to cap.

5. if you you can afford to do so,don't be a pussy! if there's a stalemate between a few cruisers at a cap point, run through the lines and disrupt their formation, that will allow for your allies to followup and clean up the distracted enemies.

6. the best accuracy of a battleship is generally between 5-16 km's or medium range (depending on ship and tier) so don't sit back, American BB's,even though their slow, they are excellent brawlers and the close range fighting will reduce the likeliness of DD's and CV's from launching torpedoes at you in risk of a visit of the pink name fairy

7. relax, win rate and kill to death ratio isn't everything, just have fun

these are the things i do when playing, hope they help you in future battles

:great:True.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Now This is call QQ-ing my friend.

Hate to use this again, but LTP. BB are very forgiving to play already.

BTW, I suppose Jingles had a really huge impact on people - He himself don't have a good aim either and keep complaining the accuracy to BBs.

Yes it's riviting to watch shots miss 24/7 in a BB as everyone else constantly scores hits.

Wished people would stop acting like there isn't a problem with BB accuracy. Low tier BB's are proof that there is a glaring issue with BB's accuracy.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Yes it's riviting to watch shots miss 24/7 in a BB as everyone else constantly scores hits.

Wished people would stop acting like there isn't a problem with BB accuracy. Low tier BB's are proof that there is a glaring issue with BB's accuracy.

Depend lol.... Like just now thought I could 1 salvo a Kuma withing 6KM But failed lol took me 3 salvo to sunk it!
Edited by davud1537

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Cruiser do like 2000-3000 damage per salvo. Even a BB don't pen it still do like 3000 damage, not to mention a Citadel.

I hadn't had any problem with the Myogi. I do Hate the South Carolina - but not for it's gun, but just it's appalling speed. Kawachi is nowhere near as bad as people described.

Wyoming is so good that WG need to nerf it as well.

If there is any class that is well balanced it is BBs. Don't know what you are complaining.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Cruiser do like 2000-3000 damage per salvo. Even a BB don't pen it still do like 3000 damage, not to mention a Citadel.

I hadn't had any problem with the Myogi. I do Hate the South Carolina - but not for it's gun, but just it's appalling speed. Kawachi is nowhere near as bad as people described.

Wyoming is so good that WG need to nerf it as well.

If there is any class that is well balanced it is BBs. Don't know what you are complaining.

Kawachi Suffers from bad dispersion. All the low tier BB's suffer from that.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Kawachi Suffers from bad dispersion. All the low tier BB's suffer from that.

Well you do like 8000 damage per hit on citadel.

Lets think about it, how much health a Tier 3 has?

If they had accuracy like Lasers, you think whats the next Minekazes and Clevelands?

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,251 battles

i will admit the Kawachi did have some problems, i excused them as it was a T3 ship and practically no T3 vehicle in any game will be flawless, the ships after both the Kawachi and South Carolina are really good and they are very good introductions to the Nations play style, the Wyoming has poor range but its armor is good and its fun to go tons of damage with 6 shells hitting and 2 doing module damage or citadel hits and the Myogi shows the Japanese speed and good gun characteristics of range, high ark and average shell damage. the only annoying thing i have with BB's is their stock grind but even still it isn't to bad, its just time consuming.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

i will admit the Kawachi did have some problems, i excused them as it was a T3 ship and practically no T3 vehicle in any game will be flawless, the ships after both the Kawachi and South Carolina are really good and they are very good introductions to the Nations play style, the Wyoming has poor range but its armor is good and its fun to go tons of damage with 6 shells hitting and 2 doing module damage or citadel hits and the Myogi shows the Japanese speed and good gun characteristics of range, high ark and average shell damage. the only annoying thing i have with BB's is their stock grind but even still it isn't to bad, its just time consuming.

For me it's time consuming and infuriating the stock grind.

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

Life of a DD.

8:20AM: That BB is still shooting at us.

8:22AM: An enemy carrier tried to sink us with his torpedo squadron only to fail miserably.

8:24AM: Spotted a BB which appears to be hugging the blue line.

8:25AM: The bastard used the blue line to avoid my torpedoes.

8:27AM: Being chased by a BB.

8:30AM: Enemy BB sunk, enemy CV next.

8:31AM: Got sunk by an allied torpedo.

Sign in to follow this