You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BigWaveSurfer

High tier premium ships linked to captains level

16 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
953 posts
5,654 battles

This was brought up on the NA forum and I thought what a great idea.

Before anyone can buy an Atagos or Atlanta their they should first have to make level (x) player, I would say 5 but some would think higher, I know WG wants to make money but to have a new player jump into a high tier game (with torps) is just  really bad for the team.

Link to NA topic on this http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/45057-suggestion-captain-level-8-before-you-can-purchase-tier-7-prems/

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

679 posts
3,522 battles

Atago = Lowe

95% of the time crewed by idiots, or people who do not unerstand game basics, may be exactly the same thing.

Edited by Dantes_Inferno

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

This was brought up on the NA forum and I thought what a great idea.

Before anyone can buy an Atagos or Atlanta their they should first have to make level (x) captain, I would say 5 but some would think higher, I know WG wants to make money but to have a new player jump into a high tier game (with torps) is just  really bad for the team.

Link to NA topic on this http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/45057-suggestion-captain-level-8-before-you-can-purchase-tier-7-prems/

When you say "level (x) captain" what comes to mind is the ship captain and not the player level.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
953 posts
5,654 battles

When you say "level (x) captain" what comes to mind is the ship captain and not the player level.

Sorry I did mean the players level

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Economically, it would be a very bad idea for WG. If I was in the company's perspective, I want to draw players in, to get them to commit real-life money into the game as quickly as possible. Thus, I have a link with which I can get them to spend even more money to make sure that the premium ship that they just bought does not go to waste.

And if that does not convince you, from a pragmatist's point of view...more XP and credits for you!

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

Economically, it would be a very bad idea for WG. If I was in the company's perspective, I want to draw players in, to get them to commit real-life money into the game as quickly as possible. Thus, I have a link with which I can get them to spend even more money to make sure that the premium ship that they just bought does not go to waste.

And if that does not convince you, from a pragmatist's point of view...more XP and credits for you!

Yes a very good point +1

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,183 battles

Makes it even worse if a newbie purchases a premium ship that has torps. Saw an Atlanta player who fired torps at enemy ship 14 km away. Still hit!... An allied ship... :D:D:D

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

You have to realise after all this time that WG is not remotely concerned about game play QUALITY.

They're all about QUANTITY as it's quantity that maximises money for them. Most awards in WoT have been all about playing the hell out of the game, not playing it well.

That's fine for them if it works as a business strategy, but for anyone looking for a game where game play quality is in the DNA of the game environment well this isn't the place.

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

Makes it even worse if a newbie purchases a premium ship that has torps. Saw an Atlanta player who fired torps at enemy ship 14 km away. Still hit!... An allied ship... :D:D:D

It was even worst with Kitakami in CBT ahahah, I loved my Kitakami in CBT but you have to make sure that there was no allies in your torpedo spread. I could imagine a new player with a Kitakami...Shivers :ohmy:

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

well why don't they make it that players are only allowed to purchase a premium ship to the currant level of ships that they have researched within the game ??

EG: they cant get the Warspite (I know its not currently for sale) until they have reached tier 6 level in the game ??

so as a player works his way up the tiers and unlocks the next tier, then they are able to purchase a premium ship at that tier level ???

Alpha Tester
87 posts
3,595 battles

Atago = Lowe

95% of the time crewed by idiots, or people who do not unerstand game basics, may be exactly the same thing.

lets just be honest.....that figure covers most ships :angry:

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

At the end of the day. we, including me, forget that this is a omercial product and the company that made it wants to reap the profits. From the business perspective, it's not wise for WG to impose tough prerequisite for ships like Atlanta or Oppai ship Atago of sorts.

Of course this gets down to us on the ground feeling the God forsaken language and gameplay at high tiers when the new players purchase ships like Oppai ship Atago. 

So I don't think WG would impose perquisites to premium ships. 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

well in the long run they would make more money as plays would buy premium ships as they unlock other premium ships and or spend money to convert XP

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

The key thing about MMO grinds is always the promise that your next tank/ship/plane/whatever will be that little bit stronger/faster/durable/hard hitting than what you've got now.  Making high tier premiums unlockable would therefore fit the model perfectly provided (and this is the kicker), provided WG made it abundantly clear that these things existed to tantalise players and give them something concrete to aim for.  However, WG has historically been terrible at this sort of thing.

505 posts
4,176 battles

some people just love to go higher tier by upgrading into new ships leaving other upgrades aside, and go higher tier but they perform horribly.........:D

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Or if WG wants to be a bit cheeky, they can buy any premium ship but it remains locked in your port until you reach account level X or Y depending on the ship.