You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DepthCharger

My ship bursts into flames every hit but I can never start a fire..

15 comments in this topic

12 posts
17 battles

My 2 lowly tier cruisers seem to be on fire for around 75% of most games. Almost every hit starts a fire, yet I hardly ever return the favour. I use HE shells, aim at the bridge or other important parts of the enemy ships but nothing happens. A earlier game I was shooting a oblivious St Louis for a long time, around 20+ hits yet not a single flareup. He finally notices me and fires one salvo, it hits and 'floomp' my cruiser is on fire..

Is it all pure luck and RNG or am I doing something wrong?

12 posts
17 battles

You're being awfully short-sighted.

Informative reply, thanks. My game I just had then One long range hit sets me on fire, I let it burn until i am out of range then repair, turn around and get another random hit, up she goes again...

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Informative reply, thanks. My game I just had then One long range hit sets me on fire, I let it burn until i am out of range then repair, turn around and get another random hit, up she goes again...

"Informative" reply for an "insightful" original post.

You've fought only 14 PVP battles. Are you sure that you're using HE? Are you sure that the ship was not already on fire? Relax, and just keep plugging away until you actually do.

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

My 2 lowly tier cruisers seem to be on fire for around 75% of most games. Almost every hit starts a fire, yet I hardly ever return the favour. I use HE shells, aim at the bridge or other important parts of the enemy ships but nothing happens. A earlier game I was shooting a oblivious St Louis for a long time, around 20+ hits yet not a single flareup. He finally notices me and fires one salvo, it hits and 'floomp' my cruiser is on fire..

Is it all pure luck and RNG or am I doing something wrong?

HE is all luck/RNG to set ships on fire, all ships have a percentage of the chance there HE will set the opposing ship on fire, some higher than others. That being said the ships that have the most potential at setting fires are the ships with the more guns like the St Louis you were fighting and have high rate of fire. Other ships with high potential to set fires include Cleveland, Mogami and Atlanta our anything with high rate of fire

so don't worry you just got unlucky

Edited by Juan_23

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

I also forgot about the Captain skill that increases the chance of setting a enemy on fire by a small amount but that can really help in high rate of fire ships. Glad to help :)

Edited by Juan_23

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

Guys this it getting off topic and turning into a "Hate on new players" discussion.  Just stop, we were all new players once

Edited by Juan_23

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Guys this it getting off topic and turning into a "Hate on new players" discussion.  Just stop, we were all new players once

We merly simply reply each other not criticise to him.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

HE is all luck/RNG to set ships on fire, all ships have a percentage of the chance there HE will set the opposing ship on fire, some higher than others. That being said the ships that have the most potential at setting fires are the ships with the more guns like the St Louis you were fighting and have high rate of fire. Other ships with high potential to set fires include Cleveland, Mogami and Atlanta  

so don't worry you just got unlucky

Did you forgot that Omaha could torch people as well I meam BBQ..