Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rufusflywheel

fed up

14 comments in this topic

8 posts
11,501 battles

When is some one going to fix the [content removed] lag problem, im putting money into this game along with my friends and all we get is lag, games are unplayable hence the frustation im in Australia friends are in New Zealand

this has gone on long enough and yes my machine is up to date eveything is up to date,  wot no problem this game was playable then they stuff around with it and now it is [content removed] when are these fools going to address the main problem if you have lag you cant play, we are not the only ones having this problem fed up with this RUBBISH someone wake up and fix the [content removed] problem and maybe people will not be so angry.

Profanity.  Post Edited. User Warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

51 posts
2,124 battles

i'm in Australia and using Vodafone's 3G mobilebrand (HSDPA under load)and i'm not getting lag to be honest my ping is better in this game than WOT.like Dantes_Inferno said look at your ISP first.

also i would read http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7986-reporting-lag-issues/ and do the following steps that it has.

Edited by camdy

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

And yet what does WG do to investigate? Nothing.

Look at the history of the "client/server de-synch" I and others have been writing about.

That was CLEARLY caused by WG in update 0.3.1.3. Yes, it also seems to have something to do with the ISP you use, but to say that's the ISP's fault is plainly absurd.

Why? Because WG changed something. My friend and others played without issue before 0.3.1.3. Haven't been able to play since.

And they PAID MONEY.

So WG broke something for them and has done NOTHING AT ALL ever since.

Put yourself in the position of someone who paid, used to be able to play without trouble, suddenly had the game break with an update, and since then has not been able to get ANY SUPPORT AT ALL FROM WG.

How happy would YOU be? Would YOU think it's fine for WG to pretend it hasn't happened, and that they had nothing to do with it?

If you say "yes" then you're a liar or a fool.

So I'm not at all surprised some people rage. It's not as though WG ever listens to anything. Indeed the only attention you ever see is some red ink at the complainer. Nobody ever seems to ask why it's all fine for WG to ignore paying customers.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

OP, please refer to the pinned post in this forum on how to diagnose lag issues. As of now, there are about nine thousand players connected to the server, and I just ran a few games with a solid connection, minimal lag. 

Steeltrap - you already have a thread on this, there's no need to flood every related topic with your complaints given that doing so is more likely to simply piss off people who would have been inclined to actually help. As for the assertions about the game-breaking bug introduced in 0.3.1 - if it truly was a game-breaking bug, it would have affected a lot more people. It does not, and some players have reported improved connections since then. Furthermore, the last time we had a game-breaking patch (0.4.0.5), WG not only rapidly brought the server down for maintenance, but also compensated the lost premium time due to the lag. That's a game-breaking lag issue. The desync issue, as you have stated, only affects people on a certain ISP with a certain pathing to the game. Other players have confirmed that the problem lies with the ISP, not with WG, so I'm honestly not sure what you expect WG to do about this as ISP issues are covered under the "Technical Requirements" section of the EULA.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I'm in Adelaide OZ using Internode ADSL and I ping about 80-90 atm. On WOT I ping 120-130.

Only occasional lag

It's not "Lag" , it's the De-sync problem.

I am having this problem for quite some time now, still hadn't been fixed. Guess I will just have to keep rebooting the game after like 2 or 3 games. :sceptic:

590 posts
2,995 battles

Windows 10 has fixed the desync issues that has been present in some configurations 

aka ATI / Win 7 - Not sure why, but it resolved a desync isssue I had on a secondary pc, I've had no such issues on my main. 

Please see below for my good system and my 'bad' system 

------------------
System Information (Good System)
------------------
      Time of this report: 8/17/2015, 18:05:36
                     Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150709-1700)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: MSI
             System Model: MS-7885
                     BIOS: 1.80
                Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
                   Memory: 32768MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 32664MB RAM
                Page File: 6076MB used, 31706MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 980 Ti
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
        Device Type: Full Device
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8&SUBSYS_36B61458&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 22380 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 6048 MB
      Shared Memory: 16331 MB
       Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (120Hz)
       Monitor Name: BenQ XL2410T (Digital)
      Monitor Model: BenQ XL2410T
         Monitor Id: BNQ7F02
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (120.000Hz)
        Output Type: DVI

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

OP, please refer to the pinned post in this forum on how to diagnose lag issues. As of now, there are about nine thousand players connected to the server, and I just ran a few games with a solid connection, minimal lag. 

Steeltrap - you already have a thread on this, there's no need to flood every related topic with your complaints given that doing so is more likely to simply piss off people who would have been inclined to actually help. As for the assertions about the game-breaking bug introduced in 0.3.1 - if it truly was a game-breaking bug, it would have affected a lot more people. It does not, and some players have reported improved connections since then. Furthermore, the last time we had a game-breaking patch (0.4.0.5), WG not only rapidly brought the server down for maintenance, but also compensated the lost premium time due to the lag. That's a game-breaking lag issue. The desync issue, as you have stated, only affects people on a certain ISP with a certain pathing to the game. Other players have confirmed that the problem lies with the ISP, not with WG, so I'm honestly not sure what you expect WG to do about this as ISP issues are covered under the "Technical Requirements" section of the EULA.

How can it be the ISP? The game worked perfectly well ON THE SAME ISP before 0.3.1.3.

So WG introduces an upgrade, the game no longer works. Hey, must be the ISP!

WG logic.

Incidentally, how does WG know this is the ISP? I have NO EVIDENCE AT ALL that they have checked ANYTHING.

Have they asked the players affected? No.

Have they contacted the ISP they claim is causing the problem to see if they can help? Not to my knowledge, or anyone else's.

As to "anyone who might have helped" I am yet to encounter this mythical person in WG. If I've offended them then pass on my apologies. Meanwhile, so long as WG does absolutely NOTHING, including make NO ATTEMPT AT ALL to engage affected players to resolve the issue, I'll keep mentioning. I was even ASKED to create a new thread by Conan. Haven't seen a single reply.

Here's a crazy thought: reach out to your customers who have advised they have this fault, and have had for 2 MONTHS. You know, like any responsible, professional company does when it does something that renders their product unusable.

What do they put in the water that people think this is in any way OUR fault, or that complaining about it is unreasonable? Incredible.

p.s. here's a freebie RCA:

- game works fine before 0.3.1.3.

- 0.3.1.3 sees client/server de-synch such that the game is unplayable

- the de-synch appears to be a particular problem with one ISP in particular in Australia.

Likely root cause: whatever was changed in 0.3.1.3 to 'improve network stability' (or whatever it was; the patch notes aren't available and my thread that had them all laid out was deleted) has caused a problem with how that ISP handles connections to WG's server.

Suggested Course of Action:

1. Answer the thread, calling for IDs of all affected players.

2. Gather technical info from them.

3. CONTACT THE ISP to determine how the 'fix' has caused the issue. WG and the ISP have engineers, right?

4. Determine a potential solution through that conversation/investigation.

5. Deploy the solution either at WG's server or through ISP's handling of traffic, whichever seems most efficient and effective.

6. Advise affected customers. Ask them to confirm issue solved.

7. End of issue.

See how easy it is to be professional and give a **** about your customers? Don't you think your customers would do this themselves if they could?

Cheers

Edited by Steeltrap

51 posts
2,124 battles

steeltrap you can do this yourself i had issue with an ISP and i talk to them and the problem was fixed and it wasn't vodafone and no i don't work in IT in any shape or form so you can't use that as a reason not to do it yourself.

yes i know this is a beta and you are a alpha tester but we are testers which means its our job to help fix these issues this is what you signed up for, yes you have paid money so have i but again this is still a beta and we are here to help fix these issues and that means doing some work yourself which might be to talk to your ISP yourself.to be honest if your thread was the only place you put your information to this problem and it got deleted then your silly for not having it backed up else where.

yes i think your thread being deleted was wrong but also abusing people doesn't help fix it.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

steeltrap you can do this yourself i had issue with an ISP and i talk to them and the problem was fixed and it wasn't vodafone and no i don't work in IT in any shape or form so you can't use that as a reason not to do it yourself.

yes i know this is a beta and you are a alpha tester but we are testers which means its our job to help fix these issues this is what you signed up for, yes you have paid money so have i but again this is still a beta and we are here to help fix these issues and that means doing some work yourself which might be to talk to your ISP yourself.to be honest if your thread was the only place you put your information to this problem and it got deleted then your silly for not having it backed up else where.

yes i think your thread being deleted was wrong but also abusing people doesn't help fix it.

I had typed a suitable reply, but decided to delete it. If you can't understand why what you've written is ridiculous on many levels then there's absolutely no point in my explaining it.

Edited by Steeltrap

Sign in to follow this