You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
byungnam

Now I can confirm that IJN CVs are better in lower tiers

26 comments in this topic

48 posts
2,953 battles

I have written a couple of posts and several comments that USN CV cannot make its sky safe when fighting against IJN CV.

Somebody say USN CV can dominate enemies airSomebody agrees with me. The others say 'Halken come here and say him something :/ '.

So I decided to go through IJN CV line to compare and confirm that I am getting this issue correctly without being side minded. After the hard time of the kawachi and myogi, I got a hosho and...

boom

shot_15_08_15_15_38_03_0403.jpg

shot_15_08_15_15_38_06_0365.jpg

This is NOT the only game with huge success I've played with my hosho. If you check my battle statistics at here, I've played with my hosho 10 games scoring 70% W/R, 2000 exp in average (with premium account), 87000 dmg in average. I'm still getting 70% W/R, 2000 exp, 88000 dmg with my 0/3/1 Zuiho, too.

After playing IJN CVs, I can confirm that they are more harder to hit 3 or 4 torps since they have wide spreads than USN's. But they have more squads in air, more squads means more chances of clear shot while being engaged by enemy fighters, more torps to make a hit in different angles, different timing and different places. Short safety distance helps a lot when torping against destroyers or cruisers.

What I have shocked was that the automatic torping does not spread its angle wider than manual torping. This makes a huge advantage when attacking in different angles simultaneously.

All the strategies I thought/experienced (try go around enemy fighter or just go through if they have only one, send dives first to make enemy fighter short of ammo, split torp squads in different places if enemy fighter chases, etc.) worked like a charm.

To put all together, IJN CVs are as powerful as I was thinking, but I wonder whether I feel the same when I get into higher tiers, like 7 or 8 where I am currently playing with my USN CV and getting at least 'half' air superiority - while the fighters are fully loaded, I have the air superiority, but if they are short of ammo, then I lose it.

But at the moment, yes IJN CVs are OP.

Edited by byungnam

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

I have written a couple of posts and several comments that USN CV cannot make its sky safe when fighting against IJN CV.

Somebody say USN CV can dominate enemies airSomebody agrees with me. The others say 'Halken come here and say him something :/ '.

So I decided to go through IJN CV line to compare and confirm that I am getting this issue correctly without being side minded. After the hard time of the kawachi and myogi, I got a hosho and...

boom

shot_15_08_15_15_38_03_0403.jpg

shot_15_08_15_15_38_06_0365.jpg

This is NOT the only game with huge success I've played with my hosho. If you check my battle statistics at here, I've played with my hosho 10 games scoring 70% W/R, 2000 exp in average (with premium account), 87000 dmg in average. I'm still getting 70% W/R, 2000 exp, 88000 dmg with my 0/3/1 Zuiho, too.

After playing IJN CVs, I can confirm that they are more harder to hit 3 or 4 torps since they have wide spreads than USN's. But they have more squads in air, more squads means more chances of clear shot while being engaged by enemy fighters, more torps to make a hit in different angles, different timing and different places. Short safety distance helps a lot when torping against destroyers or cruisers.

What I have shocked was that the automatic torping does not spread its angle wider than manual torping. This makes a huge advantage when attacking in different angles simultaneously.

All the strategies I thought/experienced (try go around enemy fighter or just go through if they have only one, send dives first to make enemy fighter short of ammo, split torp squads in different places if enemy fighter chases, etc.) worked like a charm.

To put all together, IJN CVs are as powerful as I was thinking, but I wonder whether I feel the same when I get into higher tiers, like 7 or 8 where I am currently playing with my USN CV and getting at least 'half' air superiority - while the fighters are fully loaded, I have the air superiority, but if they are short of ammo, then I lose it.

But at the moment, yes IJN CVs are OP.

im sorry but you wrong on everything , the reason your cv is doing so well 90% of the players on this server suck really bad at this game and have no clue what they are doing , plus you sending you planes against ships at that low tier have almost no AA , if you face a player with any skill in a usn cv he will destroy most of your torp planes , go for your bombers .....lol , this shows you have only been facing noobs 

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

im sorry but you wrong on everything , the reason your cv is doing so well 90% of the players on this server suck really bad at this game and have no clue what they are doing , plus you sending you planes against ships at that low tier have almost no AA , if you face a player with any skill in a usn cv he will destroy most of your torp planes , go for your bombers .....lol , this shows you have only been facing noobs 

:great: True.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Wow...5 ship kills... The highest kill count I have for ANY ship class that I'm playing is just 4

I don't see 5 is a huge thing i see my friends, mentor and other players get 8-10kills. :sceptic:

679 posts
3,514 battles

I don't see 5 is a huge thing i see my friends, mentor and other players get 8-10kills. :sceptic:

really???

Even on Youtube best I've ever seen is 7.  One of the guys talked about an 8 kill game, once.

I suspect you 8-10 kills is, from, FANTASY ISLAND

48 posts
2,953 battles

The fact here is : for a same (or an expert I arrogantly assume myself) skilled player, IJN CVs are far better than USN CVs (in lower tiers).

I agree there is almost no AA in low tiers so that I can easily do my torps and I am against some noobs. But in that case, it is also true when I play USN CVs. The differences between the them come from the hulls - the number of torp, torp spread range and the torp safety distance.

If somebody say they are just noobs so that I can do that great, then I'm gonna play in mid-tier games within several days after and will post how does it feels like.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Can't even score 1 in FTK....

My highest kill count is 4 at the moment. Either time runs out or I get outRNGed by my target and my gunnery.

No matter how I move and avoid, my teammates crash into me throwing off my aim or stealing the kill

48 posts
2,953 battles

UFvXkeY.jpg

61 hits, 1 citadel, 1 torp, 6 kills.

That must be some lucky final blows.

Edited by byungnam

32 posts
794 battles

really???

Even on Youtube best I've ever seen is 7.  One of the guys talked about an 8 kill game, once.

Here's a 10 kill game.

Not too hard, provided your teammates die at the appropriate time lol, I reckon luck plays a rather large part :)

Edit: forgot to mention, being top tier also plays a big part :p

Edited by Rysup

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

really???

Here's a 10 kill game.

Not too hard, provided your teammates die at the appropriate time lol, I reckon luck plays a rather large part :)

Edit: forgot to mention, being top tier also plays a big part :p

That explain your answer.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

61 hits, 1 citadel, 1 torp, 6 kills.

That must be some lucky final blows.

Not when they were DDs

Beta Tester
301 posts
113 battles

There was this one time me and my friend saw an 8 kill game...

GqcYVeJ.jpg?1

...inlcuding a kill on a capping enemy DD while the ticket counter was 1 point away from enemy team winning. Although yes, he's in a IJN CV, but together, the enemy carriers shot down 63 planes including the entire load of my friend's Langley there :hiding:

Anyways, I kinda agree with posts above. I division'd with my friend in his Bogue and me in my Myogi and he managed to shoot down 35 enemy aircraft with a 2-1-0 (F-B-T) flight control, with one fighter squadron attached to me for support and the other actively hunting the enemy team. That was also against IJN enemy CVs. When I tried out IJN carriers back in CBT, I found that I could make easier traps with the squadrons of Hosho, but when facing good AA, like say an enemy team with 4 Yubaris, I lost all my planes halfway into the match, although that might be because I'm not used to carrier command and never noticed Yubaris doing the AA ability thing.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Before anyone complains about statistics and confirmation bias - here's the average performance of IJN CVs vs USN CVs from the Asia statistics website.

Players in tier 4-6 IJN CVs significantly outperform USN ones on any measure that matters?

No doubt explains why CVs so frequently occupy the top 1-3 exp slots on each side.

But I'm sure it's all balanced.

As for people who claim the issue is that "players are noobs", that is an utterly stupid 'argument'. Units are balanced when they don't massively outperform other units of the same tier within the normal playing environment. Those same 'noobs' are also trying to use their guns, and avoid DD torps, and everything else. Technically they're just as 'noob' playing the CV, right, or are CVs some self-selecting leet group that doesn't reflect the rest of the population?

Even the devs have stated IJN CVs are proving 'too easy to perform well at lower tiers' (I'm paraphrasing). It's not the players who are idiots, it's the people engaging in totally deluded stat denial.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

And I can confirm they dominate their USN CV counterpart at all tiers except tier 8. I'm going to say "i told you so" but nvm.

Played IJN CVs on CBT, 2.2k-3.5k exp/game, 90k-145k damage/game, 80% overall winrate from hosho to taiho. It requires SIGNIFICANTLY less skill to use than USN CVs and less headache, like using an A/T car vs a M/T car.

Edited by Deicide