You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
daniel98

IJN naval flag

53 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Hmm I have been wondering why WG have to put a country flag on IJN rather than putting a naval flag. Except UK, Soviet and USN.  It would be much cooler for the nation to apply the naval flag rather than its country flag. I know there are mods for it but wouldn't it be official for WG to do so? 

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Oh for bacons sake...

The old jp naval flag is considered offensive in certain countries.

Geez why so serious about no harm asking rite well you know doesn't mean I know alright 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Super Testers are volunteers as well

To the topic

Some country especially in south east asia, were occupied by Japan in other to gain resources.... (in harsh and cruel way)

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

Geez why so serious about no harm asking rite well you know doesn't mean I know alright 

I dont think you know what the word serious means.

That aside let me introduce you to the fantastic developments made "recently" called Suchfunktion.

Its this really awesome german invention that roughly translates into search function.

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

I dont think you know what the word serious means.

That aside let me introduce you to the fantastic developments made "recently" called Suchfunktion.

Its this really awesome german invention that roughly translates into search function.

Look I don't want an argument besides I am not that type of person. Well is easier to get answer from here faster this is a forum you can ask anything if you don't know I know Google Search help but we'll this is a in-game matter and btw thx syanda 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

Look I don't want an argument besides I am not that type of person. Well is easier to get answer from here faster this is a forum you can ask anything if you don't know I know Google Search help but we'll this is a in-game matter and btw thx syanda 

Please tell me you know that forums have internal search functions,

because otherwise I'll have to subtract another 2 points from my Trust in Humanity stat.

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

because otherwise I'll have to subtract another 2 points from my Trust in Humanity stat.

Alright you win I don't wanna continue this any further I don't want to ruin your reputation in this forum since you are well known I am done you win. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

Alright you win I don't wanna continue this any further I don't want to ruin your reputation in this forum since you are well known I am done you win. 

Now Im intrigued, what reputation? 

The reputation of being a cynical, stubborn german that loves to utilize the Panzergrenadier motto of "Lernen durch Schmerz"?

Because Im not sure if any of those are "desirable" attributes, though I wouldnt want to live without them.

Edit: Im honestly curious, btw.

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

F3h9x7X.png

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Now Im intrigued, what reputation? 

The reputation of being a cynical, stubborn german that loves to utilize the Panzergrenadier motto of "Lernen durch Schmerz"?

Because Im not sure if any of those are "desirable" attributes, though I wouldnt want to live without them.

Edit: Im honestly curious, btw.

I know you contribute all lot to this forum this is why the reputation point you have is not easy to have I don't want to ruin it because I there is no way I can reach you I am just normal forum user that just discuss on topic nothing else so please have mercy...on me 

Edited by daniel98

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

F3h9x7X.png

Im not sure how to react to this...

For now Ill just subtract additional 3 points from my Trust in Humanity.

I was considering to just facepalm, but that would have been the correct reaction if you were just making a bad joke... 

[151ST]
In-Training Moderator
95 posts
4,689 battles

Short answer, in my opinion and experience? Because stuff like the IJN rising sun still causes angst, arguments, etc. if in doubt, re-read this thread :-P

Some things in this world will continue to be heated topics for a long time. WG would be providing the fuel AND the flame in this particular case, if they used the IJN rising sun. Your cultural position on it may not match the cultural position of others :-)

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

Actually the JMSDF still use the rising sun as their ensign today.

The finnish still use the swastika in the military.

Personally I find it to be stupid to ban historical symbols because people used them for "evil" deeds.

Banning means forgetting and forgetting is the first step to repeating mistakes.

However me is me and I only speak for myself.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

I know you contribute all lot to this forum this is why the reputation point you have is not easy to have I don't want to ruin it because I there is no way I can reach you I am just normal forum user that just discuss on topic nothing else so please have mercy...on me 

Reputation points mean nothing.

What matters are opinions, they may clash, they may be wrong, they may be emotional, but in a forum they're what brings life into discussions.

I dont care who or what someone is, anyone who makes a mistake will get the same reply.

It just so happens that I always prefer to reply in a snarky way.

It has the benefit of people having to think about what I wrote to understand.

Note that my very first reply to you answered your question quickly and included a phrase that should make you realise that this has been discussed before.

Edit: Double post because stupid tablet has no multi quoting functions.

Edited by Retia

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Retia has a good reputation? :P

daniel, being passive aggressive does not help. 

Edited by Haku

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Hmm I have been wondering why WG have to put a country flag on IJN rather than putting a naval flag. Except UK, Soviet and USN.  It would be much cooler for the nation to apply the naval flag rather than its country flag. I know there are mods for it but wouldn't it be official for WG to do so? 

I'm afraid not daniel98. You will not believe the fury vented by the Chinese and South Korean communities with regards to the IJN flag. Sorry to say, but like it or not it will never appear in WoWS. If that's not enough, perhaps this recent news article might give you an idea as to the current situation: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33945245

Oh for bacons sake...

The old jp naval flag is considered offensive in certain countries.

Odd isn't it? The IJN flag is offensive but the hammer & sickle symbol on the Soviet flag is not. Is it really so hard for the devs to simply use a plain red flag I wonder?

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Reputation points mean nothing.

What matters are opinions, they may clash, they may be wrong, they may be emotional, but in a forum they're what brings life into discussions.

I dont care who or what someone is, anyone who makes a mistake will get the same reply.

It just so happens that I always prefer to reply in a snarky way.

It has the benefit of people having to think about what I wrote to understand.

Note that my very first reply to you answered your question quickly and included a phrase that should make you realise that this has been discussed before.

Edit: Double post because stupid tablet has no multi quoting functions.

The problem is I don't know maybe this topic has already made few months ago I can't search all the archive there are so many of it so please spare me... 

[R0GUE]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,906 battles

I'm afraid not daniel98. You will not believe the fury vented by the Chinese and South Korean communities with regards to the IJN flag. Sorry to say, but like it or not it will never appear in WoWS. If that's not enough, perhaps this recent news article might give you an idea as to the current situation: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33945245

Odd isn't it? The IJN flag is offensive but the hammer & sickle symbol on the Soviet flag is not. Is it really so hard for the devs to simply use a plain red flag I wonder?

Because the Russians arent the main community (source of income) here in ASIA Server.

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Ah I see