Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Warspite

23 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yeah I know blah blah blah

but anyways the only thing I believe u need to improve on the warspite would be the aiming speed of the guns and nothing else, the rest of the ship is fine as it is but when u cant turn ya guns fast enough to track a target that is close to u then u got no hope of shooting it.

even when u turn your ship your guns still cant keep up

its the only frustrating thing about the ship

it really does only need a few Deg improvement other than that its a good ship and worth the $$$

but if the aim speed doesn't improve then u will find ppl not using the ship at all

thanks

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Get the "Aiming Expertise" Captain Skill, it reduces the turn time to 56.3secs according to this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MSNQxCSfz2mzd92Av0QNkxRlCnXavIL6ItvCYqHkg7Y/edit#gid=2071511552

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The slow gun rotation is the balancing factor for the ship to fit into "premium" category.

Generally, premium ships are slightly inferior to regular ships of the same tier. Not always but most of the time it's the case.

And Chawp also pointed it out: get the Aiming expertise skill on all Battleships, you'll need it.

The slow gun rotation speed will also get you used to using certain Battleships such as the Yamato. Also, it'll teach you certain ways to plan your approach in a Battleship, particularly avoid switching engagement side.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Turn the ship while your guns rotate. Does a lot to get them on target faster.

yes I already do that and then the guns over compensate and u have to wait for them to track back on target but as I said at close range it doesn't matter if u turn the ship or not the guns can not keep but with the ship when it turns and u got no hope of tracking a DD in side 5km range or even 8-10km range either

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Get the "Aiming Expertise" Captain Skill, it reduces the turn time to 56.3secs according to this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MSNQxCSfz2mzd92Av0QNkxRlCnXavIL6ItvCYqHkg7Y/edit#gid=2071511552

yes I already have that on this commander but 0.7 doesn't make stuff all difference

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

The slow gun rotation is the balancing factor for the ship to fit into "premium" category.

Generally, premium ships are slightly inferior to regular ships of the same tier. Not always but most of the time it's the case.

And Chawp also pointed it out: get the Aiming expertise skill on all Battleships, you'll need it.

The slow gun rotation speed will also get you used to using certain Battleships such as the Yamato. Also, it'll teach you certain ways to plan your approach in a Battleship, particularly avoid switching engagement side.

ive played 275 battles in battleships most have been in the Japanese line so I do have an idea in what I am doing.

and yes I know about the premium category and yes the warspite has other faults as well, like the poor armour around the citadel etc as well as poor range etc

I also have the Arkansas Beta so I do have a fair idea about slow ships and premium ships and there downfalls ok

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

because no other ship in the game has a gun rotation as bad as the warspite even lower tier ships and older ships etc have a faster gun rotation

and I believe this will stop other players from using the ship and buying the ship as well

im not asking it to be the speed of a DD guns ok just faster than what they are now

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

because no other ship in the game has a gun rotation as bad as the warspite even lower tier ships and older ships etc have a faster gun rotation

and I believe this will stop other players from using the ship and buying the ship as well

im not asking it to be the speed of a DD guns ok just faster than what they are now

You shouldn't expect a premium ship to be as good as its regular counterparts of same tier.

Also, buffing the ship to attract more buyers is a really, really bad idea. Overdoing it would make it Pay to Win.

If a player bought a prem ship and regret it, then nothing can be done because WG already took their money and it can't be refunded. :hiding:

I own a Warspite myself (albeit not playing much cuz current IJN Bomber spam and internet connection issues), and I feel that she's perfectly fine. I also know a couple of other people in this forum who own Warspite too and they find that the ship is fine.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Actually that is incorrect. Premium ships are better than a STOCK regular ship of the same type and tier, but worse than a fully upgraded regular ship of the same type and tier. Same holds true for the Warspite.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

It has the same turret rotation as the Yamato, granted it is a Yamato. The 0.7 per second increase might not seem that much of a difference but thats ~16sec less for it takes to do a 180 degree rotation.

The Warspite is not a Noob friendly ship, I wouldn't recommend it to new players to them unless made it to at least Tier V in BBs.

I own a Warspite myself (albeit not playing much cuz current IJN Bomber spam and internet connection issues), and I feel that she's perfectly fine. I also know a couple of other people in this forum who own Warspite too and they find that the ship is fine.

At least the Warspite has the best AA out of the 3 Tier VI BBs, but the planes pretty much need to be within torp drop range to be in your AA bubble.
Edited by Chawp

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Let me guess, Warspite Gun aiming time will be stock one in the Brits Tech tree (Queen Elizabeth Class) and the upgraded will have much better aiming speed

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

either way a small increase would be nice to have just to make it a little more friendly

WG might do that if they find her quite amusing to use

But for now, until Brits tech tree is out, we won't know

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

and how is the Warspite spose to fight in a tier 9 battle???

not a chance in hell, it has enough trouble against tier 6 let alone higher tiers

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

It's funny when you read the description of Warspite, saying that she is good for fighting at close range. But when you get close enough to an enemy, you have trouble keeping your guns pointing at them... The Grand Old Lady really need some buff. 

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Actually that is incorrect. Premium ships are better than a STOCK regular ship of the same type and tier, but worse than a fully upgraded regular ship of the same type and tier. Same holds true for the Warspite.

SU-122-44 from WoT says hi.

WG might do that if they find her quite amusing to use

But for now, until Brits tech tree is out, we won't know

Or they might nerf it like in WoT: Tiger pen too low! "We'll nerf it further then" =D

what ever happened to premium matchmaking???

In case you never knew, IIRC, battleships have +/- 3 MM. Premiums are no exception, though the Arkansas Beta doesn't appear to see tier 7 battles.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Well, what I mean by "regular ship" is "elited ships of regular tree", in this case it would be elited Fuso/new Mexico. I'm not really wrong here, I just missed that "better than stock" part. :hiding:

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

It's funny when you read the description of Warspite, saying that she is good for fighting at close range. But when you get close enough to an enemy, you have trouble keeping your guns pointing at them... The Grand Old Lady really need some buff.

yep totally correct but it doesn't need anything but a aiming speed buff and that's it.

other than that its a fine ship as long as it doesn't see higher tiers like 7+

Sign in to follow this