Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Askansas Beta

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

ive noticed  with the Arkansas that's at close to medium range the shells always seem to drop short of the target

this is under 8km and closer it always drops shot even at less than 5km range its even worse the shells drop even shorter and miss the target and it does become very hard to hit DDs that are close to when when ya shells drop short of the target.

so is this a design of the ship or the Arkansas guns or is it something else as I don't notice this on any other battleship that I use at close range ??.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

No.

You aim, you fire, you hit (or miss). Are you sure that the target was not weaving?

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The Arkansas/Wyoming and low tier Battleships have the worst accuracy of the game right now, I'm not surprised if you fire your shots at 8km and miss completely.

Next patch however, they are buffing Battleship main gun accuracy at distance u to 3km.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

No.

You aim, you fire, you hit (or miss). Are you sure that the target was not weaving?

yes Haku im sure ive played 59 battles in my Arkansas so I do have a fair idea if my shells drop short or if the enemy ship is weaving etc and no he wasn't weaving at 3km range ok

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

The Arkansas/Wyoming and low tier Battleships have the worst accuracy of the game right now, I'm not surprised if you fire your shots at 8km and miss completely.

Next patch however, they are buffing Battleship main gun accuracy at distance u to 3km.

yes it will be good when they fix that problem at close range indeed

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

He doesn't need to weave. Just tapping the rudder and heading slightly away from someone firing at you can be the difference between shots hitting the water, and shots hitting the citadel. The rudder shift is pretty minimal (doesn't even show up on the minimap), but noticeable if you track the rate of change of distance from your target before firing.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

He doesn't need to weave. Just tapping the rudder and heading slightly away from someone firing at you can be the difference between shots hitting the water, and shots hitting the citadel. The rudder shift is pretty minimal (doesn't even show up on the minimap), but noticeable if you track the rate of change of distance from your target before firing.

the same thing happens when u are firing at Battleships at close range as well

I am an experience player ok im not a noob I do know the difference if a ships is weaving or moving etc etc etc

Beta Tester
25 posts
7,223 battles

Arkansas Beta does not have good aim to start with and it get considerably worse on those ranges.

The closer the target is to you and worse the aim is for this BB.

Heck, it does worse on targets on point blank even against a BB much more a DD, but to compensate it has more main guns hence more chances for you to hit that target albeit out of 12 shots maybe 1 or 2 will hit.

And if a DD does get that near to you, you might be knocking on Davy Jone's locker.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I play the Arkansas, and I can't imagine your scenario at all. Every time I can remember it, it's always due to dispersion, but I've never constantly undershot anything in it.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

I play the Arkansas, and I can't imagine your scenario at all. Every time I can remember it, it's always due to dispersion, but I've never constantly undershot anything in it.

well my shots always fall short at close range

at 10+ km range it seems to be ok and land where I aim but as said after playing 59 battles in it I would say I have a good feel of where the shots fall short or not and at close range they always fall short

lets hope the update does fix this problem

Alpha Tester
392 posts

It would help us understand the OP if he posted a replay. I'm close to playing a hundred battles in the Arkansas Beta and I haven't experienced such problems. Shots are bound to miss once in a while but that hasn't bothered me. He was probably having a very bad day is all.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Sir, mount the accuracy upgrade on your Arkansas. I forgot the name of that upgrade module but it does significantly increase the chance of hitting target, even at long range. Once i scored 4 citadel hits on a Kongo in a row and he was just... WTF???

The Arkansas has up to 6 upgrade slots, which is very good.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Here are some recommendation:

Main Battery Modification 1

Gun Fire Control System Modification 1

Gun Fire Control System Modification 2

These upgrade can help your Arkansas performance. The ship itself is a bad ship without upgrade.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

It would help us understand the OP if he posted a replay. I'm close to playing a hundred battles in the Arkansas Beta and I haven't experienced such problems. Shots are bound to miss once in a while but that hasn't bothered me. He was probably having a very bad day is all.

umm no it wasn't just a bad day

as I said it only drops short when its at close range any other time it is fine the shells always drop short when its under 5km or less and now ive sharted to aim high above the ship knowing my shells will drop short and smash it as it did in todays battle

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Here are some recommendation:

Main Battery Modification 1

Gun Fire Control System Modification 1

Gun Fire Control System Modification 2

These upgrade can help your Arkansas performance. The ship itself is a bad ship without upgrade.

I never said it was a bad ship at all I have a good win rat in mine and im happy with it other than the shells dropping short at close range

now I aim high about my target at less than 5km and the shells hit the ship cuz I know they will drop short

Sign in to follow this