Sign in to follow this  
Yo_burn_baby_burn

Off-topic posts

11 comments in this topic

19 posts
734 battles

Not sure what living in Singapore has to do with this. As another Singaporean, that's pretty ignorant if you didn't know that the shortening of Japan to first 3 letters is offensive. Anyone who briefly studied WWII history (and as a Singaporean, you likely have) would have encountered the term used as a racial slur.

SIN is Singapore's official country code. You'll notice that Japan's official country code is JPN or JP. Not the first three letters, because that was used as a slur.

Either way, yes, WG has made their decision on it. However, this isn't a case of them deciding unilaterally on it, as they had input from WGAsia staff - who, I must point out, are pretty much all based in the region. 

[Content removed]. So thats not offensive? Never learn in school that the first 3 letters is a slur or offensive. Perhaps you can show me where you learn that from. Which school you came from, I can go email MOE to ask. Having said that, this forum belongs to WG so they have the right to so whatever they want.

Social/Political/Controversial. Post edited, off-topic posts split.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I only learn in history that they invade us, rape our women, kill our men during WWII. So thats not offensive? Never learn in school that the first 3 letters is a slur or offensive. Perhaps you can show me where you learn that from. Which school you came from, I can go email MOE to ask. Having said that, this forum belongs to WG so they have the right to so whatever they want. 

What? :amazed:

Quoted just in case.

Edited by Haku

930 posts

I only learn in history that they invade us, rape our women, kill our men during WWII. So thats not offensive? Never learn in school that the first 3 letters is a slur or offensive. Perhaps you can show me where you learn that from. Which school you came from, I can go email MOE to ask. Having said that, this forum belongs to WG so they have the right to so whatever they want. 

Might also want to point out that the Japanese-Americans (and the Japanese in general) suffered the worst racism during the Second World War in US History.

And Im at work without any popcorn :(

stop by to my place. i'm growing some potatoes and might want to try chips next.

19 posts
734 battles

Might also want to point out that the Japanese-Americans (and the Japanese in general) suffered the worst racism during the Second World War in US History.

stop by to my place. i'm growing some potatoes and might want to try chips next.

[Content removed]

Insults/Derogatory (Severe). Post edited, user sanctioned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

You should learn how many pple Japanese killed during WWII......I am glad US drop those 2 atomic bombs. Wish they could drop more.

Are you touched in the head?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

You should learn how many pple Japanese killed during WWII......I am glad US drop those 2 atomic bombs. Wish they could drop more.

Continue, just fyi we germans can be offended by calling us Krauts.

Just in case that just one nation isnt enough for ya...

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

What? Don't tell me you don't know about history of WWII and what the japanese did? They killed a few of my relatives and till today my parents hated them. 

I know. I don't think that anyone here is doubting that, and I don't think anyone amongst us here was not affected by it.

However, right now, it is 2015. NOT 1942. We love Japan. We watch their animes. We listen to their music. We read their manga. We indulge in their games. We drive their cars. We use their electronic appliances. We subscribe to their fads. We eat their food.

Bringing up the past is painful, and it does no good to keep bringing it up. War happened, it went, and we learn from it, and we use it to go forward.

Now that I've been (somewhat) sensible, I'll be silly.

Pissed off mode:

Seriously, throwing that in our faces? Like that? This has gone beyond popcorn level. I need a ハリセン (harisen - slapping fan) to wake myself up to the level of stupidity that you've stooped to.

210362top.jpg