Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Yo_burn_baby_burn

Frame Rates Very Poor in WoWS.....

11 comments in this topic

19 posts
734 battles

I am running at 1920 x 1080 and I am just averaging 60fps.......I can't even image what frame rates will one get if he/she is running at 4K..... Btw, I am running a pair of Fury X and 5820K. I think WG need to optimise their game engine. I can get 80-100fps in WOT but WOWS is so low.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I had to run at low settings before to get 60 FPS.

Then I got Windows 10. Suddenly I could run the game at very high settings.

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7889-anyone-get-fps-buff-after-win10/page__pid__114044#entry114044

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

That topic title is so misleading though.

The majority of WoT/WoWS population compose of people who have computers half a decade old or more (especially on RU).

I don't think WG would prioritize game optimization for the high-end computer users. Sure they will try to improve the game but it's not on high of the list right now.

And before someone says that it's paying users (who also have good computers) are the ones that kept the game alive: No they aren't. Sure the game needs paying users to continue development, but it's the "average" users who makes the most part for the game's match making.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Do you really need 100 frames per second? How many frames can the human eye see within the span of a second?

I don't really see how 60fps is considered a "poor" framerate. The difference between 30fps and 60fps is markedly apparent (with the latter appearing much smoother), however any further than that and you're entering snake oil territory.

I mean, if television broadcasts are 24 frames per second, 60fps is already the upper level of the cake already.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

I am running at 1920 x 1080 and I am just averaging 60fps.......I can't even image what frame rates will one get if he/she is running at 4K..... Btw, I am running a pair of Fury X and 5820K. I think WG need to optimise their game engine. I can get 80-100fps in WOT but WOWS is so low.

Have you disabled vsync in WoWS settings ?

125 posts
913 battles

Do you really need 100 frames per second? How many frames can the human eye see within the span of a second?

I don't really see how 60fps is considered a "poor" framerate. The difference between 30fps and 60fps is markedly apparent (with the latter appearing much smoother), however any further than that and you're entering snake oil territory.

I mean, if television broadcasts are 24 frames per second, 60fps is already the upper level of the cake already.

i thought the same thing.. 60fps is standard.. theres no need for it to go any higher :I

Super Tester
802 posts

i thought the same thing.. 60fps is standard.. theres no need for it to go any higher :I

That there is peasant talk!

But like AALG said, disable Vsync. 

Edited by Counterflak

Sign in to follow this