Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Losing motivation to keep grinding credits...

54 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Ever get that feeling where you seem to be doing the same thing over and over and over and over again and you seem to be getting no where? 

I seem to be feeling like that any time i play world of warships lately.. 

Any time i log on the only thing i can really do is play one of 3 ships to grind credits and it is simply getting extremely boring and i am not even 2% of the way there yet... 

Basically this is my situation, i have New Orleans unlocked and in my port and North Carolina lined up to be bought, 

To buy North Carolina i need around 16.5 million silver to pay for it and its modules not including upgrades, then we have the problem of New orleans, before i can grind out the remaining 100k experience on that ship i need to save up 21 million to buy baltimore... 

And it does not stop there...

To get my Montana and Des moines back i have added it up and i need to grind 105 million silver playing either Cleveland, New mexico or Farragut....

What is the motivation? It is like pissing on a fire... even when i have Montana and Des moines i am still going to have to come back and play these ships to grind credits in them despite the fact i have a premium account, it is like the grinding is built to never ever stop... 

aSM9txy.jpg

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

For the love of the everlasting bacon.

Stop... going...for...high...tiers.

Not only are they utterly imbalanced, they are expensive and generally no fun to play.

Wait till release and slowly work your way up until then.

Why do you think Im still at tier IV despite having the exp to get atleast 2 tier Vs?

Grinding up the tiers has no reason unless you feel like punishing yourself instead of having fun...

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Edit: This video helps explain things too.

Edited by Haku

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Its much more "easier" if you have a mid tier ship that you enjoy playing, luckily for me, mines is the Warspite so the extra credit gain is nice despite the fact that I'm not really progressing up a certain tree.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Its much more "easier" if you have a mid tier ship that you enjoy playing, luckily for me, mines is the Warspite so the extra credit gain is nice despite the fact that I'm not really progressing up a certain tree.

Thats the thing i love playing cleveland but i am going to get sick of it after a thousand or so battles on the same 3 maps.. heck there is not much more i can do in a cleveland i have already had pretty much the best 3 games anyone has ever had in the thing and then some.. already had my fun in it so to speak. 

Idk game just seems to be really repetitive... Get to tier 6 and hit a brick wall of always having to come back and play tier 6. It would be fine if i was not being forced to grind tier 6 if i am honest... If tier 8, 9 and 10 ships made reasonable amounts of credits in battles with a premium account there would be no issue. 

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Thats the thing i love playing cleveland but i am going to get sick of it after a thousand or so battles on the same 3 maps. 

It might be just me, but I find the Cleveland quite boring to play, hence why I haven't grinded for it.

Maybe take a break from the USN line for a time being and play IJN, sure you'll be spending credits on getting new ships but at least then you have more options and the potential new money makers if you find a new ship to enjoy.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

It might be just me, but I find the Cleveland quite boring to play, hence why I haven't grinded for it.

Maybe take a break from the USN line for a time being and play IJN, sure you'll be spending credits on getting new ships but at least then you have more options and the potential new money makers if you find a new ship to enjoy.

only ship on the ijn line id be interested in getting is Mogami and im only at tier 4 on that line so thats quite a grind in itself, heck mogami is a 8 million silver ship. 

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

It's look like you are having a burn out syndromme bro. Either stop playing a while, play other game for now, or just try other line / ship while playing less intense..... 

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

It's look like you are having a burn out syndromme bro. Either stop playing a while, play other game for now, or just try other line / ship while playing less intense..... 

Then im wasting premium time i cant turn that crap off now can i? 

You are probably right though. im only playing because i feel like i have to... I just want my damned ships back. sick of playing miserable low tier ships. 

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Either that or you'll get a lot of stress from playing this game. What is the point of playing a game if what you get is only stress?

Edited by Artisto81

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

only ship on the ijn line id be interested in getting is Mogami and im only at tier 4 on that line so thats quite a grind in itself, heck mogami is a 8 million silver ship. 

I can vouch that the Aoba is a very fun ship to play, once you get past the Furutaka but at the end of the day its up to you.

If anything the new patch might hit live sometime soon and maybe something like rank play or something can renew your interest, if not there's always the Germans in October. 

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

You are probably right though. im only playing because i feel like i have to... I just want my damned ships back. sick of playing miserable low tier ships. 

Try grinding just playing PvE.

And you think you have problems....sheesh!

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Dude slow down, I'm only up to tier 6 mate, theres more to life than WoWS, theres always WoT or Advance Wars on gameboy :P

i havent really played wot since this game came out to be honest

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Same here

Same here, instead Im playing:

The Pitcher III

Virtues of a Solar Republic

Protected Warstuff

Act of Bacon

Eidolon Kingdom

World of Battleships

Of Wolfens and Steins

Mountain & Blade Works

And a couple other games...

Edit: In before post deleted for advertising Foreign games...

Edited by Retia

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

That's MMOs for you. What's your point?

Except it is much grindier when compared to the economy in wot, which has incredibly good monetisation rates for a free-to-play game and very large profit margins, which leads me to wonder why change something that didn't need changing? Wot was already a grind (as it should be), but making it much more so like in this game just seemed to be a short-sighted decision made to try and ramp up profits further, which will probably hurt the longevity of the game.

However there really is no need to charge up the tiers, because the balance is bad, the population is low and it's a grind, but if you're going to do it regardless of what I or anyone else writes, try and focus on a single line, it'll be easier that way.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

The Pitcher III

10/10 best sports game 2k15

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Pfffffft. Fever is better.

I would love to try PE(T)S, shame the gameplay still sucks.

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

View PostRetia, on 15 August 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

The Pitcher III

Virtues of a Solar Republic

Protected Warstuff

Act of Bacon

Eidolon Kingdom

World of Battleships

Of Wolfens and Steins

Mountain & Blade Works

And a couple other games...

Edit: In before post deleted for advertising Foreign games...

Anyone wants free copy of 100% Mango Juice from Condensation?

Edited by Saito_Himea

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Unlike most of you guys here, I came from WOT Blitz...... And it has faster pace gameplay and no arties, also much more simple economies.....

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Act of Bacon is the best cooking game ever.

First I use the Spirit of B-2 to ignite a strong enough fire, then I bring in uncle Abram's best meat and add some fine hummer shells.

That recipe always brings me to victory... in cooking competitions.

Sign in to follow this