You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Yep, I think I am bloddy done with this game......

148 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

In CBT I had a W/R in the mid 50%. Nothing special, better than average.

Did well at the start of OBT. Now this is the @(%$ Bull%&@) I get now:

Untitled_1.jpg

Win rate at 42%..... WHO THE [Redacted], that participates in every battle, understands the mechanics and has a W/R like that?????????????????????

The W/R is skewed a (very) little bit. After the last epic loss, posted,  I played all 10 ships in port AFK, all of which  were losses or draws. Figured I couldn't do worse but I was wrong. I would like to sincerely apologize to those teams I left hanging due to my personal frustration. I will never do that again.

Things "may" change but I am so @)(W&*R) pissed off right now I don't think I will be back in game much less the forums.

Best of luck & good hunting to everyone!!!!

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

In CBT I had a W/R in the mid 50%. Nothing special, better than average.

Did well at the start of OBT. Now this is the @(%$ Bull%&@) I get now:

Untitled_1.jpg

Win rate at 42%..... WHO THE [Redacted], that participates in every battle, understands the mechanics and has a W/R like that?????????????????????

The W/R is skewed a (very) little bit. After the last epic loss, posted,  I played all 10 ships in port AFK, all of which  were losses or draws. Figured I couldn't do worse but I was wrong. I would like to sincerely apologize to those teams I left hanging due to my personal frustration. I will never do that again.

Things "may" change but I am so @)(W&*R) pissed off right now I don't think I will be back in game much less the forums.

Best of luck & good hunting to everyone!!!!

Mate I feel you sometime teammates are just totally Bravo Uniform Lima Lima Sierra Hotel India Tango......

Quote updated

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

And thats my issue with the game.

You Cannot Impact the game. You cannot make plays. Doesn't matter how good you are.

(Okay, maybe a CV can. But is it fair?

Edited by Alvin1020

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Battles: 96

Victories: 60 (62.50%)

I think I should quit while I'm ahead. I'm only at tier 4 max.

CAs definitely are the most flexible.

BBs at lower tiers to some extent depend on how much air pollution there is.

DDs are fun but if your BBs and CAs derp it's very hard to carry.

I don't play CVs.

Frankly I think we'd do well to ignore win rates entirely. I certainly don't claim mine is a result of l33t skills. At about 60 games or so I was sitting around 68%, lol.

Edited by Steeltrap

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

You Cannot Impact the game. You cannot make plays. Doesn't matter how good you are.

A long time ago in a videogame not so far far away people said the same thing.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

(Okay, maybe a CV can. But is it fair?

That's more or less what I said and got called a stat denier for my troubles.

I'm having my own miserable night yet again tonight.  I'm trying to do some crew grinding in my Ishizuki and I'm either getting garbage teams that fall apart before I can be effective at which point I get surrounded and shredded (most of them), or I get teams so super-efficient the battle is over before I can be effective (a couple).  I'm getting battles where we have one CV and they have two and they target me early and I get shredded (2 x 0 damage battles thus far).  I'm getting teams where they yolo singly into the same death trap that killed the previous idiot after which I get surrounded and shredded.  It just goes on and on and on.

But if we don't look at WR then how can we measure our effectiveness?  My OBT WR is several points below my CBT WR so something's changed.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

A long time ago in a videogame not so far far away people said the same thing.

Funny enough I am actually on a win streak right now.

The team I come up with is plainly Terrible - Blue Line, See a Torpedo like 10km away and Still don't evade.....

Gotta Treasure these while it lasts until these comes to my team.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

:amazed:

How do you explain DeathSkyz's statistics, then? Or Moemiji, or Counterflak, or Retia?

Edited by Haku

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

:amazed:

How do you explain DeathSkyz's statistics, then? Or Moemiji, or Counterflak, or Retia?

We're still looking for an adequate explanation of how skill interacts with WR in WoWS, which it must but is obviously happening in a different way to what we understand from other games.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Is it really?

DeathSkyz (since he's a BB player, and you seem to be one too) outscores you in pretty much every metric except average base defence, even if we consider only battleships.

Edit: Ninja-ed. Yeah your stats are good, Steeltrap, but I'd take it with a pinch of salt until you hit at least Tier 5 and above.

Edited by Haku

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Is it really?

DeathSkyz (since he's a BB player, and you seem to be one too) outscores you in pretty much every metric except average base defence, even if we consider only battleships.

We've already gone over this in my thread.  His stats are better than mine but mine are still better than average except for WR, so I repeat: we're still looking for an adequate explanation of how skill interacts with WR in WoWS, which it must but is obviously happening in a different way to what we understand from other games.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

We've already gone over this in my thread.  His stats are better than mine but mine are still better than average except for WR, so I repeat: we're still looking for an adequate explanation of how skill interacts with WR in WoWS, which it must but is obviously happening in a different way to what we understand from other games.

I call BS.

You wanna know what I think how you play (coming from someone who has never seen you play) just from looking at your stats?

You hug the edges of the map getting shots off in your BB (not blue-line, but instead hug the edges, much to your credit), but still hanging 5-10 kilometres behind your team, and the bulk of your hits and XP come when your team gets shredded.

In WoT terms...you're a sniping heavy, and you have the mentality of one who would play a sniping heavy. I would honestly beg to differ where the bar is set for what we consider to be "normal", because I do not consider you to be above average.

Edited by Haku

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Is it really?

Edit: Ninja-ed. Yeah your stats are good, Steeltrap, but I'd take it with a pinch of salt until you hit at least Tier 5 and above.

In fact I've been laughing at how mine have ended up, more than once making the observation that I don't claim they've turned out that way by skill at all.

Which is kind of the point of this discussion.

Hence my 'LOL' when I asked "Or mine?" as I said it as a joke/bait/troll.

Cheers

p.s. I don't play my BBs passively UNLESS I can see my team has gone full ***d leaving me to face a bunch of ships on my own. USN BBs (until NC at tier 8) can be like a T95; you pray your team doesn't die like morons before you can get somewhere useful or you just know it'll be you v 5.

Edited by Steeltrap

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

In fact I've been laughing at how mine have ended up, more than once making the observation that I don't claim they've turned out that way by skill at all.

Which is kind of the point of this discussion.

Hence my 'LOL' when I said "Or mine?" as I said it as a joke/bait/troll.

Cheers

The "is it really?" was directed at Krieg and Potoroo.

Seriously, though, it's a fun game and I hope that you stay (having read your rage post earlier).

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

I call BS.

You wanna know what I think how you play (coming from someone who has never seen you play) just from looking at your stats?

You hug the edges of the map getting shots off in your BB (not blue-line, but instead hug the edges, much to your credit), but still hanging 5-10 kilometres behind your team, and the bulk of your hits and XP come when your team gets shredded.

In WoT terms...you're a sniping heavy, and you have the mentality of one who would play a sniping heavy. I would honestly beg to differ where the bar is set for what we consider to be "normal", because I do not consider you to be above average.

This screenshot pretty much typifies what's been happening tonight.  I defy anyone to put their hand on their heart and say it was going to end in anything but tears for us.

gD9z5zB.jpg

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

*tries to find it*

Apparently not. Or maybe I was looking at World of Tanks...

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

*tries to find it*

Apparently not. Or maybe I was looking at World of Tanks...

Haven't posted in WoT for ages, and uninstalled the game itself. 

I'm not playing WoWS enough to rage quit.

I'm probably not going to play it much, however, in no small part due to the fact that one of my closest friends paid to join CB. WG screwed something in 0.3.1.3 on 5th June and he's been unable to play ever since. Worse than that, WG deleted the bugs forum from CB that had all the other replies about the issue, asked me to create yet ANOTHER one, and there's not been a SINGLE response from anyone in WG that they're doing a damn thing about it.

Now THAT is pathetic (constant comms from me and others from 5th June and WG has done ****-all) and the sort of thing that will make sure I never spend a cent here. Not when others have lost all their pre-paid premium and WG couldn't give a ****.

In fact if you want an illustration of how wonderful WG is at customer interaction, I recently was sanctioned in the forum. I decided to challenge it.

"Write to support" said the mod.

So I did.

"Write to the Forum Admin" said support.

Tried to find 'Forum Admin' address in PM.

Wrote back to mod: "who is the Forum Admin so I can challenge this?"

"No idea, and we're told to tell people to go to support".

Really, Spike Milligan couldn't do better.

Edited by Steeltrap