Sign in to follow this  
Scott_Free

Need Some Advice.

24 comments in this topic

10 posts
392 battles

I am having a bit of an issue in the game right now where i find myself leading a group of Battleships/Cruisers, dishing out a little damage and getting wrecked by half the enemy team. Now i know you could say that I am playing too aggressive but I find even if i hang back a little and wait for team mates to arrive I always seem to get caught out alone and my team never pushes a flank. Game after game I see my team hanging back afraid to push a flank and I am usually the one to cop the onslaught of enemy fire while my team mates play it safe. I quite enjoy cruisers and find I am best suited to their diverse gameplay, but still every game I find it hard to get a co-ordinated team that can actually play on the attack and start taking zones or key areas on the map. 

Basically my question is, how do i combat this and what would be the best way to play cruisers?

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Best thing to do in a passive team (or any type of team, for that matter) is to not be the one charging in and getting focus fired by everyone because you are the first to be spotted. Only do that if you are playing a DD.

Passive aggression is the best. 

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

You can cruise around (haha geddit?) at near your maximum range to inflict some damage whilst waking for an opening to take advantage of (flank held by destroyers/lone battleships not too far away etc) and then swoop in for the kill with torpedoes, knowing how to plan your course so you minimise citadel exposure is also very important to ensure survival.

496 posts
4,165 battles

depends on tier, lower tier you don't really need to be close to your BBs but you should help look out for enemy DD, in middle tier pretty much assist BB with weaker AA against enemy planes, no comment on higher tier i'm not there yet.

you should also play in divisions it help getting win rates up , more fun, and more ways to combat enemy ships because you have others to help you.

Edited by ShiraYukira

10 posts
392 battles

depends on tier, lower tier you don't really need to be close to your BBs but you should help look out for enemy DD, in middle tier pretty much assist BB with weaker AA against enemy planes, no comment on higher tier i'm not there yet.

you should also play in divisions it help getting win rates up , more fun, and more ways to combat enemy ships because you have others to help you.

currently at the awful furutaka tier 5 Jap Cruiser, finding it hard to use and its making me hate this game Dx

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Once you researched all the modules for furutaka, it's an okish cruiser to play. You just gotta control the engagement whenever possible. Still it's a bit painful to play because of it's weaknesses.

EIther hang in there and wait for patch 4.1 where is gets super buffed, or just free xp.

Aoba is worth all the pain. Trust me.

496 posts
4,165 battles

currently at the awful furutaka tier 5 Jap Cruiser, finding it hard to use and its making me hate this game Dx

play furutaka , i skipped it using free exp

It really help you prepare for the cruiser above it

it's a decent ship too

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,241 battles

Best thing to do in a passive team (or any type of team, for that matter) is to not be the one charging in and getting focus fired by everyone because you are the first to be spotted. Only do that if you are playing a DD.

Passive aggression is the best. 

+1 for good advice and for a plus 60 win loss rate..wow.

10 posts
392 battles

Well If i actually had any friends that didn't rage quit Wot a few months ago i would "division" with them, for now its the terrible solo Que in a floating citadel with slower turning turrets then my BB.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

you can join random division right? people who enlist on division must mean they atleast want to play as a team....

10 posts
392 battles

you can join random division right? people who enlist on division must mean they atleast want to play as a team....

struggled to find someone who either speaks or english or (not saying I am a skilled player) can actually play the game at a certain level of competence.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

struggled to find someone who either speaks or english or (not saying I am a skilled player) can actually play the game at a certain level of competence.

for me, i just hope they want to follow the team plan and going into the opposite direction alone (unless they are DD)

679 posts
3,488 battles

Good question.

Last night I was in one of the worst ever MM situations, their team had 10 tier 10s and ours only 1.

So we lamented our lot and all pooled together in one blog 2 squares across.  The other team with such a dramatic advantaged pushed and we focued them 1 by one.  In the end we had lost only 4 ships while they had lost 10.  Massed fire by 8s and 9s had negated their advantage.

So advice is stay with the herd!

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

Here are two principles I use with cruisers.

1. Always have an escape plan.

2. Don't get in positions where it is 2 or more of them versus you.

10 posts
392 battles

Since I don't want to create a new thread I will just put this here. I find that in a lot of games i play, if i don't feel as if I have control of a situation I suddenly begin to panic and make stupid decisions. As this happens to me in WOWs I usually end up turning around and end up spending half the game semi running away from something or trying to get closer to enemies to actually start doing something useful. I find I have transferred the same mentality from WOT which is the inability to trust anything on my team and I feel as if even in a group I am going to get singled out and my team will run away. I did take advice from earlier and started playing my cruiser in a passive manner and it works out to an extent... However. I find that when i play like this I find it hard to lay down fire constantly. I think it comes down to lack of trust in my team mates that really leaves me towards the bottom of the scoreboard in the post game stats.

Edited by Scott_Free

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Why not you look us up in game....I'm sure we'll be glad to division with you, or anyone that needs help. Better than solo. It will save your sanity.

10 posts
392 battles

Why not you look us up in game....I'm sure we'll be glad to division with you, or anyone that needs help. Better than solo. It will save your sanity.

Yeah i would love to, I just think everyone is busy all the time xD

10 posts
392 battles

Don't expect much from me....i am newb with on 600+ games. :ohmy:

Pfft try 100 with average of 18 K damage, then again all I've been playing is the Furutaka so that can't help.... Finally got the Aoba so now I can actually start thinking straight in a game! :)

10 posts
392 battles

Aoba is awesome man....furutaka pain is worth it.

I've been enjoying it thus far. Been getting kills and actually dishing damage on BB's and other cruisers with AP. Finally can actually try to aim for citadels because my guns can rotate in time xD

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Furutaka...
Try to get used to it, in the next massive patch she will got good buff

(hell... I even increase her aiming speed in the cost of reloading speed, so I could aim better while maneuvering)

Edited by Harpoon01

8 posts

I really had much fun with St. Louis dishing out HE shells, providing cover to BBs. You can't always expect your team to coordinate or to take notice of their teammates whereabouts all the time. When I played St. Louis, rather than carving a path of my own, I watch where my teammates go and provide assistance. I fire from the limit of my range (so as not to take the damage from enemy BBs and to steer clear away from enemy DDs).

Sign in to follow this