You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bTdKiwiGD

Randomise CV spawn points.

5 comments in this topic

6 posts
2,666 battles

I've just recently started working with cv's. I've noticed they always spawn in one of two positions on maps. With the current setup it means nobody needs to scout for carrier. They can attack them within minutes of the game starting without any problems.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

he'll say it's too slow and dd can outrun him easily... so sitting duck is the best option :hiding:

What he refers to is probably the Carrier rush tactics employed by most IJN CV right now. Because CV spawn point is not randomized, IJN CV would rush their bombers straight to the enemy CV spawn and take him out in 1 attack. If the spawn was randomized, the IJN CV would take more time to find the target CV, thus giving the target more time to counter.

Not to worry though, in the next patch all IJN CV will lose their full bomber setup. It will be harder to 1-shot an opposing CV even if you go all out. IJN CV themselves also have more Fighters for self-defense too, so CV battles will play differently, in some ways closer to what CV were back in 0.3.0

6 posts
2,666 battles

What he refers to is probably the Carrier rush tactics employed by most IJN CV right now. Because CV spawn point is not randomized, IJN CV would rush their bombers straight to the enemy CV spawn and take him out in 1 attack. If the spawn was randomized, the IJN CV would take more time to find the target CV, thus giving the target more time to counter.

Not to worry though, in the next patch all IJN CV will lose their full bomber setup. It will be harder to 1-shot an opposing CV even if you go all out. IJN CV themselves also have more Fighters for self-defense too, so CV battles will play differently, in some ways closer to what CV were back in 0.3.0

Not so. Because of the way cv spawn currently you can pick precisely where they start and can push through bombers and torpedo a/c to attack. The rush doesn't worry me as I can think of several ways to dissuade people from using this tactic :)

WhooHooo I don't have a problem with cv speed as it's realistic. For preference I'd like to be able to place my ship when we spawn to totally randomize the starts. Overall I don't have major issues with the game when it comes to ship physics