Sign in to follow this  
silenthunter19944

Yep, IJN CVs are getting buffed.

22 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

tier 5+ IJN CV will have at least one fighter squadron in their strike load out in the next patch.Perhaps they could buff the Ranger instead. Why are IJN CV getting this one fighter squadron? Is War Gaming drunk or something ? Might be a small change but the U.S. CV strike loadout tier 5-7 will remain the same with no fighters squadron. I am waiting for an explanation because this is ridiculous 

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

tier 5+ IJN CV will have at least one fighter squadron in their strike load out in the next patch.Perhaps they could buff the Ranger instead. Why are IJN CV getting this one fighter squadron? Is War Gaming drunk or something ? Might be a small change but the U.S. CV strike loadout tier 5-7 will remain the same with no fighters squadron. I am waiting for an explanation because this is ridiculous 

I wouldnt call this a buff, they'll be removing one of the bomber squadrons in exchange for said fighter.

According to Gezeiten_Heimatwelt who was able to log on to the PT server:

So I logged into the test server, and what I've found was rather interesting:

- Zuiho's stock 1/2/1 loadout becomes top one, and stock one is 1/1/2

- Ryujo's 0/3/2 is gone, now she gets 3/1/1 (!?!?!?)

- Hiryu's and Shoukaku's 0/3/3 is gone, she gets 3/1/2 (erm...)

- Taiho gets 2/3/2, her 1/3/3 was removed (IMO this one is much better).

- Haku lost her lame 1/3/4, replaced with 2/3/3 (all my yes).

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I wouldnt call this a buff, they'll be removing one of the bomber squadrons in exchange for said fighter.

According to Gezeiten_Heimatwelt who was able to log on to the PT server:

of course the bomber squadron have to be removed instead of the torpedo bomber squadron, mean while USN strike loadout is just piece of **** and now the IJN have a fighter squadron to kill the U.S. TB and they don't have a fighter squadron to defend themselves. IJN have 3 fighter squadron and that is still better than 2 U.S. Fighter squadron, 2 squadron can attack one U.S. Squadron and the other one can attack the second squadron and the IJN fighters will ALWAYS wins. I get it now War Gaming. You just want the U.S. CV removed. The anime fans got to you again

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

And not only that they already have air superiority and still ******* have at least one squadron of torpedo bombers. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON? HAVE WAR GAMING LOST THEIR MIND? WHAT'S NEXT ? ALL US CRUISERS HAVE 15 SECONDS RELOAD TIME AND SPEED IS NERFED BY 10% ? AND THEN ALL US BB ARMOUR GET NERFED AND RANGE WILL ALSO BE NERFED ? AND THEN ALL US DD GUNS WILL BE NERFED AND DETEC RANGE NERFED TO 10 KMS? THIS GAME IS JAPAN BIASED !

Edited by silenthunter19944

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

It is hard to remove USN CV I mean is impossible if they wanted to remove it they would have to remove every CV on every server this will give a headache to WG 

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

And not only that they already have air superiority and still ******* have at least one squadron of torpedo bombers. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON? HAVE WAR GAMING LOST THEIR MIND? WHAT'S NEXT ? ALL US CRUISERS HAVE 15 SECONDS RELOAD TIME AND SPEED IS NERFED BY 10% ? AND THEN ALL US BB ARMOUR GET NERFED AND RANGE WILL ALSO BE NERFED ? AND THEN ALL US DD GUNS WILL BE NERFED AND DETEC RANGE NERFED TO 10 KMS? THIS GAME IS JAPAN BIASED !

You can't make all the ships just Japanese ship it would like awkward I don't hate USN ships they are different same goes to IJN ships they all have their speciality 

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

of course the bomber squadron have to be removed instead of the torpedo bomber squadron, mean while USN strike loadout is just piece of **** and now the IJN have a fighter squadron to kill the U.S. TB and they don't have a fighter squadron to defend themselves. IJN have 3 fighter squadron and that is still better than 2 U.S. Fighter squadron, 2 squadron can attack one U.S. Squadron and the other one can attack the second squadron and the IJN fighters will ALWAYS wins. I get it now War Gaming. You just want the U.S. CV removed. The anime fans got to you again

They did removed the Torpedo squadrons in exchange for fighters though...

I'm pretty sure 1 USN Fighter squadron is able to take on 2 IJN fighter squadrons of equal tier, heck even +1 tier above at time depending on RNG. 

IJN will always have a superior strike loadout compared to the USN, if they increased the reward gain for fighter kills even if it just for USN CVs then it won't be much of an issue. 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i like the old 2/2/2 on hiryuu better.

if they made it 3/1/1 then it also means there are less torpedo bomber and dive bomber in reserve, then IJN cv players now cant afford to lose them. the biggest strength of IJN cv is their ability to trade planes to take out vital ship. this changes give them ability to do air superiority against USN counterpart but also gives them weaker DPM.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

You have never seen the fearsomeness of USN Strike loadout tier9-10.

I admit tier8 and below USN CV only has balanced loadout being viable, the rest are crap.

Although if you say that 3 IJN Fighter squads are better than 2 USN Fighter squads, then you are drunk. Do you even consider how many planes in an IJN Squad? Do you even know that IJN Fighters have considerably less loadout (ammunition) than USN Fighters?

Do you even know how useless are Fighter loadouts are against surface ships? (tell me what can you do with 1 squad of TB and DB each for Ryujo)

Typical whining detected.

Tell me how do you score more than 50% of your torpedoes using IJN TB. I'm sure I can score 66-75% accuracy with my USN TB, and they do more damage each.

Air superiority skill is lv5 skill, generally the player would only be able to get that until the are halfway through tier9. If you see a CV captain at mid tier has such skill, then you should praise him for the dedication.

Okay I need a better reply to that post:

I'll enjoy my popcorn instead. :popcorn:

i like the old 2/2/2 on hiryuu better.
if they made it 3/1/1 then it also means there are less torpedo bomber and dive bomber in reserve, then IJN cv players now cant afford to lose them. the biggest strength of IJN cv is their ability to trade planes to take out vital ship. this changes give them ability to do air superiority against USN counterpart but also gives them weaker DPM.

2/2/2 loadout is still there, just that 0/3/3 got replaced by 3/1/2.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

2/2/2 loadout is still there, just that 0/3/3 got replaced by 3/1/2.

good to hear that, its means i will see no longer see IJN player who only uses bomber load out. still i notice that there are lots of them who keep their fighter idle and won't help you secure air superiority.

funny because a single IJN torpedo bomber hardly do significant damage. they might be useful for self defense against DD but they wont do a any serious harm against battleship or cruiser, specially at higher tier.

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

They did removed the Torpedo squadrons in exchange for fighters though...

I'm pretty sure 1 USN Fighter squadron is able to take on 2 IJN fighter squadrons of equal tier, heck even +1 tier above at time depending on RNG. 

IJN will always have a superior strike loadout compared to the USN, if they increased the reward gain for fighter kills even if it just for USN CVs then it won't be much of an issue. 

I agree silent you should sometimes understand the use of every ships study them carefully then use them in a special way 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I agree silent you should sometimes understand the use of every ships study them carefully then use them in a special way 

In that case can you tell me how I should use a ranger ?

Edited by silenthunter19944

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

funny because a single IJN torpedo bomber hardly do significant damage. they might be useful for self defense against DD but they wont do a any serious harm against battleship or cruiser, specially at higher tier.

Funny thing also is the original source that gave TBs the stigma of being able to "one shot" other ships were the USN TBs.

Edited by Chawp

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

use 1/1/1 load out, upgrade torpedo bomber->fighter->hull->dive bomber get 2/0/2 if you want but i don;t use them. engage unguarded BB with your torpedo bomber then bomb it once he uses his repair to set it on fire and ensure fire damage. rinse and repeat. 

stay at the back of the allied fleet to so your cruiser allies can rush help you with AA and just camp your fighter on the top of the bb to attack incoming fighter.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Funny thing also is the original source that gave TBs the stigma of being able to "one shot" other ships were the USN TBs.

yeah. 5 torpedo hits can sink low tier cv and 6 for bb, and hitting all of them is possible with proper angel and distance.

i still remember how many times i got one shot by USN cv during CBT. *shivers*

Edited by yansuki

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

I can't really help a lot cuz you see I am a an IJN CV player what I think is since ranger is a also CV here what you should do have you ever tried to follow your Ally's fleet? No? Then you should staying behind won't do you any good anyway so carefully plot your ship where your Ally's are heading help them to push besides your planes take much more less time to resupply and they can go back to action again this is how I play majority I will get the most exp try it it's really fun to play with this style rather than sitting at the back waiting for your planes to fly a distance back it would be boring 

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Ranger have 1/1/1 and 2/0/2

for 1/1/1, you can't win in air superiority but you have DB to lure the fighters away

you have better torpedo spread for your TB, which can one shot a BB

you also have a fighter squad that can beat 2 IJN fighter squad

for 2/0/2, 2US fighter vs 3IJN fghter, US will win, US will ALWAYS win

1/1/1 --> play like an IJN CV

2/0/2 --> idk as I have no experience in US CV

Beta Tester
38 posts
3,824 battles

Just buff ranger. I'm not asking for much, change her stock to 1-1-2 would do it. Yes that way she's still worse than Hiryu, but at least not by that much. An extra bomber squad means another chance to start fire, so although she cant compete for air supremacy at least now she's better at sinking ships. I know they can't give her 2-1-1 so i'm asking for less than that already.

Beta Tester
38 posts
3,824 battles

Ranger have 1/1/1 and 2/0/2

for 1/1/1, you can't win in air superiority but you have DB to lure the fighters away

you have better torpedo spread for your TB, which can one shot a BB

you also have a fighter squad that can beat 2 IJN fighter squad

for 2/0/2, 2US fighter vs 3IJN fghter, US will win, US will ALWAYS win

1/1/1 --> play like an IJN CV

2/0/2 --> idk as I have no experience in US CV

Nope, your fighter squad can't beat 2 IJN fighter squad, not if the two engage you simultaneously. If they come one by one sure, but if your opponent is noob you can win anyway.

Sign in to follow this