You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Dear Test Server, Your Epic Fail or Mine?

22 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Dear Test Server,

Yesterday, as soon as I found out about your upcoming test party, I registered my invitation.

I ran my computer all night in order to download you. As you know, you are only hanging around for 48 hours so I didn't want to waste any time boogying down.

I logged on with great anticipation this morning to see how I would plan this evenings festivities in your honour. To my great disappointment I found myself in port with two tier 1 ships, a level 1 account, 2,500 doubloons and $1M credits. Needless to say, I made a bald spot scratching my head.

I then realised, maybe I did something wrong in registering (I didn't) or this is games within a game. Could you please explain the party rules as to how I'm supposed to test the features of:

• Rank battles
  • One click CV commands
  • Match Maker Improvements (yay!!!! we are all tier 1. MM is now fixed)
  • Ship buffs / nerfs for anything you can't grind in 48hours 
  • Pin the buff/nerf on the non-existant pre-order ships is an epic game. (WoWS snipe hunt)
  • Blue Line abuse. (can tier 1's even make it to the blue line before time expires? Just kidding)

I guess I'm missing something here. Hopefully Neptune himself will rise up, waive his magic trident and all will be good for when I get home tonight.

Party on dudes :honoring: 

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

XP earnings are scaled up, you get up the tiers really quick even in co-op. The higher tier you go the bigger the earnings. Earned more than 50k xp in a tier 6 battle last night. There were plenty of people in tier 6 PvP already in just 2-3 hours after the server went up. There was even a few folks in Ranked Battles.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

XP earnings are scaled up, you get up the tiers really quick even in co-op. The higher tier you go the bigger the earnings. Earned more than 50k xp in a tier 6 battle last night. There were plenty of people in tier 6 already in just 2-3 hours after the server went up.

Ahhh, the missing link. Thanks Amade.

Didn't have time to run a quickie before jetting out the door this AM.

Not as bad as I thought but still a bit disappointed at not being able to give the Atago a test drive without having to commit to purchase. I have enough doubloons to buy and was hoping those would be on the test server. I'm a bit wary of buying a second cruiser after my disappointment with the "sooo situational" Atlanta :unsure:

I guess I will just stand pat on them for Bis/Tirp and wait to try out the premium ship buffs when patch goes live.

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,190 battles

if ur looking to buy a premium CA i would suggest murmansk. its great fun to play, the downside being that you can't train captains in it(but the captain should be useful when russian ships come out).

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

if ur looking to buy a premium CA i would suggest murmansk. its great fun to play, the downside being that you can't train captains in it(but the captain should be useful when russian ships come out).

Murmansk is a Premium Light Cruiser [CL]* not Heavy Cruiser [CA].

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

yeah same

was about to see and test those new stuffs and saw I am level 1 with tier 1 ship

I was like wtf? then exit the game, launch WoWs Asia... lol

apparently you have to wait few hours before they started to give out 6500 doubloons, 1.5 billion credits, 11 days premium time, and 35 K free XP... Managed  to test Murmansk and Furutaka yesterday......

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

apparently you have to wait few hours before they started to give out 6500 doubloons, 1.5 billion credits, 11 days premium time, and 35 K free XP... Managed  to test Murmansk and Furutaka yesterday......

How is Furutaka there? I haven't test them since the University internet is highly situational

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

How is Furutaka there? I haven't test them since the University internet is highly situational

Not bad at all, turret traverse is more manageble, accuracy is OK, torpedoes are much  better, felt a little sluggish but perhaps because of higher pings in the test server. I got around 160-200 average pings while having 60-90 average pings in WoWS ASIA live server

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

The Fufu is much like your internet.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
UFvXkeY.jpg

The Fufu is much like your internet.

Not bad at all, turret traverse is more manageble, accuracy is OK, torpedoes are much  better, felt a little sluggish but perhaps because of higher pings in the test server. I got around 160-200 average pings while having 60-90 average pings in WoWS ASIA live server

I think I would clear 2/3 of enemy team with that

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

UFvXkeY.jpg

I think I would clear 2/3 of enemy team with that

ah so that was done lastnight.... I am looking forward to make a division with you bro.....

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

Furutaka looks like a Monster now at Tier 5....Better Turret traverse, New 10 km torpedoes, Better Rate of Fire and faster Rudder shift. Don't forget her 20.3cm guns at Tier 5 meaning you will hit other people's Citadel quite easily in the respective tiers, In the test server I was rekting Clevelands in 2-3 salvos targeting and penetrating his Citadel.

MhLcRrx.png     

Edited by Juan_23