You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hunter214123

Upgrade: Main Battery Modification 2

9 comments in this topic

3 posts
1,992 battles

Specs of upgrade: +15% to main battery traverse speed, +10% to main battery loading time

So... I don't know whether to blame myself or the game, but this upgrade INCREASES reload time... with no other way to demount it without doubloons.

Just putting this out here, in case it hasn't been discussed yet (I didn't search the forums very much)

Also, a good feature I would like to see is dynamic change to traverse, reload etc. with the addition of Commander skills and upgrades.

On another note:

Should torpedos be given an arming distance? (situations where 0.3km torp shotguns are incredibly infuriating... and somewhat OP, I do play DD, and I believe it is rather ridiculous)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Quite a number of us already noticed that long ago, and suggested WG to fix it.

Guess what? nothing changed so far.

Dynamic change? what did you mean by that?

Torpedoes (both air and surface) do have arming distance, although surface torpedoes have really really short arming distance. You said that point-blank torps are "OP", but don't forget you took alot of risk going for such move in a DD, I don't see a problem with that.

Beta Tester
36 posts
1,887 battles

Specs of upgrade: +15% to main battery traverse speed, +10% to main battery loading time

It increases reload time but +15% to main battery traverse speed makes your main battery turn quicker right? so i guess its a trade off. Unless +15% to main battery traverse speed means turning slower? if so its a useless upgrade as all it does is make you reload slow and main battery turn slower.
Edited by Death1981

3 posts
1,992 battles

It increases reload time but +15% to main battery traverse speed makes your main battery turn quicker right? so i guess its a trade off. Unless +15% to main battery traverse speed means turning slower? if so its a useless upgrade as all it does is make you reload slow and main battery turn slower.

Quite a number of us already noticed that long ago, and suggested WG to fix it.

Guess what? nothing changed so far.

Dynamic change? what did you mean by that?

Torpedoes (both air and surface) do have arming distance, although surface torpedoes have really really short arming distance. You said that point-blank torps are "OP", but don't forget you took alot of risk going for such move in a DD, I don't see a problem with that.

For Death's comment, that's is what I mean for a dynamic change: Battery statistics change according to the modifiers from the Commander or upgrades, so the game does the math for us.

And Point-blank shots from DDs you never saw coming: I sailed towards one DD who came out of a strait and blasted him away, I was unable to maneuver out and I collided with an island, then surprise, a DD sails in behind me and does a drive-by.

I understand that I am partially at fault, I just would like those scenarios to not be "wrong place, wrong time"; it sucks

695 posts
2,153 battles

The Question has been asked to WG and answered.

Its a trade off perk.  faster rotation (hence aim) for a slower reload.  Its up to you if you want it or not.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

The Question has been asked to WG and answered.

Its a trade off perk.  faster rotation (hence aim) for a slower reload.  Its up to you if you want it or not.

No upgrade should ever reduce performance.  It's a simple enough principle that avoids the potential for grief that this one has caused and will continue to cause unless WG fix it.

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,246 battles

i don't really care about the increased reload, its annoying that it is so high but i can understand the need to compensate for a really good upgrade with a reduction somewhere. maybe if i had a Cleveland and i wanted to do some epic maneuvers but on the ships i currently have the increased reload doesn't affect me so much as i already wait for around 15-30 secs to reload and the ships with the better reloads already have decent moving times on turrets.

Beta Tester
53 posts
1,067 battles

Try this on an Atlanta, its just lols all round. For extra lols, have Expert Marksman for an extra 2.5 deg/s turning time.  After both of these I swear that the men in the turrets would be thrown off their feet or get really sea sick they spin so fast.