Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Rank Battles (hopefully I'm not jumping the gun on this one)

4 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

My (very) limited understanding of Rank Battles means you get a star for every win and lose a star for every defeat or draw.

If this is so, it's going to be very unfair.

It will be unfair to reward players, who contribute little/nothing/timeout in battle, with a star just because they were lucky to be on a great team. 

It will be unfair to punish players who put up a Herculean effort by losing a star just because luck put them on an awful team.

As a reasonable solution and assuming a 7 on 7 battle, I'd like to suggest the following:

• Only the top 5 players on the winning team get a star.
  • The bottom two players on the winning team get nothing given nor taken away.
  • The top two players on the losing team (determined by a formula TBA) get a star.
  • The bottom 5 players on the losing team all lose a star.
  • In a draw the top three players from each side do not lose a star while everyone else does.

Sound fair?  :coin:

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Sorry guys if this link touches on a topic I recently posted in General Discussion. I thought this one more appropriate for suggestions section rather than elaborating on the OP.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

we do not know how this will play out - there was not enough in ST to test this to the limits.

I would suggest you try Ranked Battles, and just report what you find. All reports will go to help either make it better or remove it from the game.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

we do not know how this will play out - there was not enough in ST to test this to the limits.

I would suggest you try Ranked Battles, and just report what you find. All reports will go to help either make it better or remove it from the game.

It's one of the first things I'll be doing on the test server :honoring:

With the streakiness of W/L in the game I'm just not a fan of an all or negative award system.

Sign in to follow this