You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Serene_Potato

Increase Battle Time by a Further 5 Minutes

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

Due to the nature of Warships, which are big, lumbering and slow, draws happen way to often, especially on Standard Battles.

I suggest that the time be lengthened by 5 more minutes, and the announcer will announce when there are 5 minutes remaining. Also, could the battle time counter be a bit bigger? Some players seem to have horrific eyesight that does not allow them to see the clock in the right upper hand corner.

Got 5 draws per 37 standard battles over the course of a week, that's a bit too much. In WOT I barely get a draw a month.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

5 minutes isn't going to make a lot of difference, it just makes it longer until the match finishes as a draw.

The fundamental problem isn't that we don't have enough time to finish matches. It's that players don't want to move up and fight, just sit back and throw desultory broadsides at each other, then get the red mist and chase after fleeing ships when one side finally buckles. It takes 2-3 mins to capture a cap point. If players can't keep an eye on the tiner and plan accordingly, the draw is their rightful punishment.

If anything, I'd prefer a suggestion for matches to keep going if someone is on a capture point, regardless of the time left. If they move off the cap point if the timer is at 0:00, match ends, draw. If both teams cap simultaneously, draw. But if one team manages to sut on an enemy cap and bring it to full, then they should win.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

The battle time is already too long in my opinion. The devs need to develop maps where combat starts earlier and running away is not the best option when fired upon.

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
42 posts
1,414 battles

If anything, I'd prefer a suggestion for matches to keep going if someone is on a capture point, regardless of the time left. If they move off the cap point if the timer is at 0:00, match ends, draw. If both teams cap simultaneously, draw. But if one team manages to sut on an enemy cap and bring it to full, then they should win.

No a bad idea, though, personally I would prefer draws were actually removed and sides given a win based on HP loss/conserved.

I'm a Battleship player and the amount of times I have trying to cap or chase something down only to draw is beyond crazy sometimes.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

No a bad idea, though, personally I would prefer draws were actually removed and sides given a win based on HP loss/conserved.

I'm a Battleship player and the amount of times I have trying to cap or chase something down only to draw is beyond crazy sometimes.

I'm primarily a battleship player myself. Pretty much all of my draws only ever occurred after I was killed. BBs work best as a distraction while cruisers/destroyers capture points, and they are generally terrible at chasing down lighter units, so I just don't bother - if someone wants to run, I'll let them.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

How much is your draw percentage?

Edit: Also what tiers do you usually play?

Edited by Retia

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
42 posts
1,414 battles

How much is your draw percentage?

Edit: Also what tiers do you usually play?

9%

T5-T7

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

9%

T5-T7

I'm at 4.4% playing only tier IV.

Tier VII is just as much of a mess as the tiers beyond it, so I highly suggest not playing it.

In fact the reason why I stick to tier IV despite having enough free exp to move up to tier VI is that I'd rather not play with tier VIIs.

Of course it's only a theory that higher tiers tend to translate into a higher draw rate, but so far I've seen a lot of players that have larger draw percentages

also playing on higher tiers.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

Of course it's only a theory that higher tiers tend to translate into a higher draw rate, but so far I've seen a lot of players that have larger draw percentages

also playing on higher tiers.

I am fairly sure there is a correlation between tier and draw rate but I also suspect that it is the size of the map which contributes to the high draw percentages. It is just that the bigger maps are played by the higher tiers.

I don't really think the game has been around long enough for the devs to have a really good grasp of what it is that makes a really good map.

Beta Tester
99 posts
345 battles

5 minutes isn't going to make a lot of difference, it just makes it longer until the match finishes as a draw.

The fundamental problem isn't that we don't have enough time to finish matches. It's that players don't want to move up and fight, just sit back and throw desultory broadsides at each other, then get the red mist and chase after fleeing ships when one side finally buckles. It takes 2-3 mins to capture a cap point. If players can't keep an eye on the tiner and plan accordingly, the draw is their rightful punishment.

You have these games where the last thing left on both teams are three BBs, and they're steaming towards each other in a "climatic confrontation" *cough cough* when suddenly the game ends.

How disappointing.

Even worse, it's a draw on standard battles, which means that someone is going to have some sort of heartbreak.

Edited by Serene_Potato