You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Ranked Battles

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

From the announcement:

"Rank Battles is a season-long event available to all players not enlisted in divisions with Tier VI-VII ships and Level 9 accounts."

My bold & underline.

Aren't accounts capped at level 8 now?

Don't see anything in the post about an increase. Just a typo?

So if you win a battle you get a star. If you get defeated or draw you lose a star. Does anyone other than me see that the vast majority of the player base will cycle through over & over having 0-3 stars. What's the carrot? What's the point? 

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I've never liked ranked game modes. always bring out the worse in players. There's a F2P fps that has a ranked and non ranked game mode. guess which mode is filled with hackers? Yep you guessed it Ranked.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

From the announcement:

"Rank Battles is a season-long event available to all players not enlisted in divisions with Tier VI-VII ships and Level 9 accounts."

Don't see anything in the post about an increase. Just a typo?

or that line is announcing both....i.e. new player level 9 which unlocks ranked battles

Alpha Tester
982 posts

or that line is announcing both....i.e. new player level 9 which unlocks ranked battles

A reasonable assumption. I've always thought that when converting free XP to crew training finally comes around it would unlock at a higher account level as well.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I missed this little bit:

When players achieve certain ranks, they are awarded in-game resources. In future, the development team is planning to introduce some unique awards.

Obviously what those will be is TBA.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Player level is not linked to ranks, other than to enable the mode.

So you can go up and down in ranks (win and lose stars) but your player level will stay at 9 (until the next level is introduced lol)

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Player level is not linked to ranks, other than to enable the mode.

So you can go up and down in ranks (win and lose stars) but your player level will stay at 9 (until the next level is introduced lol)

GGWP. :trollface:

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

i'm just joking about kick back lv. .. but i really wonder about star system ... how we can gain .. other way than win? ...

like they give us 10 star to start and he say we lost star when defeated ... then what if we defeated 10 match in a row then we can't get in the ranked match anymore ? or you can go in even you have no star

edit .. oh.. you not get kick back lv. but you get kick back in the rank ... ok that make sense now ... but we don't have to use star to enter the match right ?

but it seems that this can't really call a ranked match since it count to wining not battle performance ... so it like who got more winning streak move up the chain ....

Edited by WindCruiser

Alpha Tester
982 posts

i'm just joking about kick back lv. .. but i really wonder about star system ... how we can gain .. other way than win? ...

like they give us 10 star to start and he say we lost star when defeated ... then what if we defeated 10 match in a row then we can't get in the ranked match anymore ? or you can go in even you have no star

edit .. oh.. you not get kick back lv. but you get kick back in the rank ... ok that make sense now ... but we don't have to use star to enter the match right ?

but it seems that this can't really call a ranked match since it count to wining not battle performance ... so it like who got more winning streak move up the chain ....

Yeah, and what about the lucky noob who rides the coattails of 10 winning teams while doing crap-all in the battle him/herself? Now they are rank max.

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,247 battles

I think the implementation of Ranked was inevitable but i think in WOWS the system could be done better than a binary win or lose.

this is just a thought but maybe if the ranking was based on experience earned in battle.

For example if you earn over 1000 base experience you go up a rank and for every 600 exp after go up by a rank. when you score under 700 exp you go down a rank with every 175 exp under 700 you go down another rank.

The numbers i gave would need to be altered for balance but i think that it would work in favor for a person who plays well but his team  trolls and if you fail to

contribute much in game you don't get given a free rank in victory.