Takxis

Rant about torps from friends

12 comments in this topic

7 posts
1,235 battles

well i am so p'ed off at the moment about people who dont look or think when they shoot their torps. over my last dozen or so games i have been sunk or heavily damaged by friendly torps 3 times as much as from enemy fire in total. as a BB i cannot 'dodge' as some say i should espesially when i am looking at the enemy and torps from behind come as a surprise. i expect them from the enemy and can anticipate them and most of the time avoid them. but friendly ones always get me because after trying to find them coming from the enemy it is to late to react when they come from behind. in one game a guy deliberatly fired at .3K from me, there were no enemy ships, and sunk me.[content removed]

Promoting/Provoking EULA Breaches.  Post Edited & Thread Locked. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Mate, get used to it. It's gonna be this way for quite a while as all the newbie players learn to not do noob behaviour. It will get better as the server matures. Of course, you'll always have noob players who will continue to TK because they simply don't care about you or winning the game. There's no getting around or rid of those. That's just the cost of MMO gaming.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant.:izmena:

But in all seriousness Allied torps are worse than enemy torps. You can anticipate enemy torps, Allies you can't.

Edited by Lupis

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Allied torps are bad. Sometimes these happen in late game as ally DD spam them.

I personally find this rare at high tiers.

Sometimes ppl are new to a ship and just fire them.

I always recommend doing a co-op game first in a new ship to get to terms with it.

More so in t4 carriers that have no idea what to do

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

Seems to be an influx of people who like to "test" fire their guns as soon as the battle starts, I had some.. "person" firing his guns constantly and "test" firing his torps all over the place. Not saying he was firing at me with those torps but I had to slow down and turn to avoid running into them, straight into a salvo of torps form an enemy ship.. I wasn't pleased.. 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

well i am so p'ed off at the moment about people who dont look or think when they shoot their torps. over my last dozen or so games i have been sunk or heavily damaged by friendly torps 3 times as much as from enemy fire in total. as a BB i cannot 'dodge' as some say i should espesially when i am looking at the enemy and torps from behind come as a surprise. i expect them from the enemy and can anticipate them and most of the time avoid them. but friendly ones always get me because after trying to find them coming from the enemy it is to late to react when they come from behind. in one game a guy deliberatly fired at .3K from me, there were no enemy ships, and sunk me. [content removed]

There is an automated TK/Friendly Damage system in place.  If you retaliate you will be penalised as well.

quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

There is an automated TK/Friendly Damage system in place.  If you retaliate you will be penalised as well.

Which is 'great'. Ah, no, in fact it sucks. Why? Because people know how to game the system in WoT, and I suspect they'll work it out here, too.

'Friendly' idiot hits you with torps within first minute of a battle? [content removed]

Promoting/Provoking EULA Violations. Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant.:izmena:

But in all seriousness Allied torps are worse than enemy torps. You can anticipate enemy torps, Allies you can't.

this. always looking for red indicator in the front whenever i hear torpedo alarm only to be surprise by white torpedo indicator coming at my back.

lots of them are from dd and cruisers who wanted to killsteal and glory wh***s. 

7 posts
1,235 battles

get some money for being hit does not make you feel as good as giving the idiots a salvo or two. and this is happening in t5 games more than my earlier one. surely people should have worked out how it works by then. i have some DD and CC as well and i dont hit friends!!!!

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Yup that true, yesterday 1 St Louis Commander hitting my Division mate who play New york and he got a system automatic Disclipinary actions on him and his IGN changed to pinky colour.

[Dead: I got a screenshot of that St Louis Commander teamshooting who should i report to?]

Edited by davud1537

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

so my motto is now you hit me i shoot you. if your irresponsible or idiotic firing damages me and thus reduces the teams chances as well as reduces my chances of surviving the game then i have no quarms about hurting you as well.  

Don't stoop to their level, or you will be bunched up with them. There is no moral grey, it is just black and white.

Edited by ExESGO

Alpha Tester
982 posts

The only time you can shoot at friendlies, shooting at you, with out being sanctioned yourself, is if/when they turn pink. Then you can blast away at them without hurting your game, credits or reputation.

However, if you start a game with someone that's already pink DO NOT shoot at them. You don't know the story or circumstances of how they became flagged that way. Of course, if they start shooting friendlies again, by all means, take the gloves off :izmena: