Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Alspug

Possible solution to the desync issue many have suffered from

6 comments in this topic

10 posts
2,741 battles

I spent my first month or so of playing WOWS loving the detail of the ships but hating my game experience due to an inconsistent desync of the game .

I loved it when a destroyer would sneak up on my battleship ( YES WG thanks for making a ship invisible in clam seas at 5000 metres , seriously are my lookouts that bad in the eyesight department or off drinking anti-freeze) anyway i'd traverse my guns wait the 30 seconds for them to reload ( Yes it was fun watching a destroyer reload his torpedo's faster then my main guns ) and then fire a salvo at pointblank and get told on ts that I had fired an entire salvo only for it to miss 2 or 3 ship lengths behind the destroyer . I ended up shooting up to 15 degrees ahead of destroyers at 5 km just to get one hit . anyway that would be the experience one day , the next the aim off had changed again . I eventually resigned myself to carriers only and auto everything as well due to this . Then I decided to download and install windows 10 .

As soon as I downloaded and installed it I made sure my games worked . first game desync again . I then went through every single setting I could think of and came to one setting that was different to normal . I had the same setting cause problems in WOT and that's when it hit me . same platform probably same issues . anyway I had Tessellation mode set to AMD modified by the last graphics card driver update and had not changed it . This I changed and suddenly I have no desync issues .

I am running an ATI R200 series card that is more then powerful enough to do the job . if anyone else is having these same problems and finds this solution to work for them please comment . if not comment also .

This is a possible solution , if it fails for a few of you ask for this entire thread to be binned

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

My AMD is set to "AMD Optimised" and I've never had the de-synch issue.

Friend has AMD card, and he DOES have it.

I believe it's all linked to the ISP and whatever WG introduced with update 0.3.1.3 on June 5th. The game became unplayable for him the very first time he played after d/l 0.3.1.3.

Perhaps you had a different issue, or perhaps this could cause yet more issues, but it seems to me clear that it isn't a solution for people suffering this problem and who use TPG as their ISP here in Australia (as nearly all of the Aus people suffering it use TPG).

Thanks for mentioning it, however.

Edited by Steeltrap

10 posts
2,741 battles

I should have mentioned I am on a Telstra cable with the extra dollars paid for a smoother priority connection 100 mbps , just another way that Telstra extorts customers when it provides less then adequate connection .

I tried testing my connection , testing the ping speed to the server and my packet loss with no sign of help their . I have a 105 to 110 ping to the server according to the WG in game counter but a 160 ping according to a trace .

I must admit I tried all sorts of fixes and nothing worked until I went from win 7 to win 10 and also did my tessellation to application controlled .  

70 posts
890 battles

I should have mentioned I am on a Telstra cable with the extra dollars paid for a smoother priority connection 100 mbps , just another way that Telstra extorts customers when it provides less then adequate connection .

I tried testing my connection , testing the ping speed to the server and my packet loss with no sign of help their . I have a 105 to 110 ping to the server according to the WG in game counter but a 160 ping according to a trace .

I must admit I tried all sorts of fixes and nothing worked until I went from win 7 to win 10 and also did my tessellation to application controlled .  

I probably should not comment - Telstra is such a big complex issue - but just 2c worth:

I play serious FPS games most of the time. The Telstra techs that play there, say that ADSL is currently much better, something about how Telstra handles cable data - which they say is technical awful. I am rural, Telstra ADSL1, at best about 2.6 Mb/sec. Nowhere near fast enough to stream even low res TV. But my ping in WoW is 50ms or so and never over 100ms to the server. The game plays smooth as silk. Maybe ping matters a LOT.

I am trying to help.

Beta Tester
906 posts

My AMD is set to "AMD Optimised" and I've never had the de-synch issue.

Friend has AMD card, and he DOES have it.

I believe it's all linked to the ISP and whatever WG introduced with update 0.3.1.3 on June 5th. The game became unplayable for him the very first time he played after d/l 0.3.1.3.

Perhaps you had a different issue, or perhaps this could cause yet more issues, but it seems to me clear that it isn't a solution for people suffering this problem and who use TPG as their ISP here in Australia (as nearly all of the Aus people suffering it use TPG).

Thanks for mentioning it, however.

I am on TPG I raised a case with the ISP. They have still yet to fix it and will probably never fix it.

My solution, I installed and paid for vpnsecure.me. I run this game through a VPN, no lag constant 108ms to the servers. My desync issues are gone.

So the issue here is TPG is giving this game a lower quality of service, maybe because of the ports it runs off. Yet the VPN service I use, uses SSL. This probably has high QOS and is unaffected, obviously the vpn provider also has good links that are not congested to provide me with a constant and stable connection.

I gave up waiting for TPG to resolve it, they are either collecting and recording too much data that their links suffer or just prioritise other data such as netflix over general data.

Slam

Sign in to follow this