You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Juan_23

HOLY...UPDATE 0.4.1 is going to be EPIC

75 comments in this topic

1,134 posts
1,377 battles

So apparently the patch notes have been updated on RU.

Minekaze has an increased detection range of 300m not 1km

Source: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/44290-041-news-from-eu/#entry1106565

[GRUMP]
Beta Tester
317 posts
2,180 battles

Slightly off topic here. They will start a public test on the update 0.4.1 tomorrow, and anyone that want to participate is required to register at http://pt.worldofwarships.ru but when I clicked at the link provided, it didn't take me anywhere. So, in order to participate do we need to wait until 14th of August before we even allowed to register and download the client? The news seems a little confusing.

2qbgbj8.jpg

Edited by Artisto81

Beta Tester
2,410 posts
7,238 battles

welp, they didn't buff the usn cruiser line but nerf the ijn cruisers... myouko nerf is acceptable but mogami... her guns are already fragile as glass without this nerft (i experience getting 3-4 guns of her guns destroy during cbt) and just wondering if it only applies to 155mm guns or they included her 203mm guns as well.

195 posts
356 battles

>Seens Wyoming get a turrer speed and reload nerf

>Doesn't see any compensation for it...

That thing didn't need it, how am I supposed to target close range ships now? Secondaries? Hahahaha... it's only 5x 127mm... I could accept the nerf if it was more accurate, and gave it more secondary armanent, but this is WG we're talking about. The same company that makes up tanks, and made the T-54 OP, whereas irl it suffered compared to the M48/60 Pattons...

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
2,063 battles

Slightly off topic here. They will start a public test on the update 0.4.1 tomorrow, and anyone that want to participate is required to register at http://pt.worldofwarships.ru but when I clicked at the link provided, it didn't take me anywhere. So, in order to participate do we need to wait until 14th of August before we even allowed to register and download the client? The news seems a little confusing.

2qbgbj8.jpg

the link you have quoted is correct.  The one from the portal was broken last I looked - it was being referenced as a relative (add it to the core URI) rather than as an absolute.

I.E.  go to http://pt.worldofwarships.ru/

register a NEW account

follow the prompts to activate the account

download client

wait till the servers are up

test your waifu to your heart's content

redo it all again when the patch is applied to the live client :trollface:

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Dude.. They are trying to fix things that are broken and all you can think of are of Premium Ships?

Additionally, without being able to convert free XP to crew training, they are useless except as credit generators.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
2,063 battles

Additionally, without being able to convert free XP to crew training, they are useless except as credit generators.

even without converting the free xp for training (and that's only relatively recently been made available in WoT) you can still use them to train crews

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,492 battles

So apparently the patch notes have been updated on RU.

Minekaze has an increased detection range of 300m not 1km

Source: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/44290-041-news-from-eu/#entry1106565

What I'm concerned about is the detection range of their torpedoes, it gets increased by 1km right? wouldn't that make the torp impractical?

1,134 posts
1,377 battles

What I'm concerned about is the detection range of their torpedoes, it gets increased by 1km right? wouldn't that make the torp impractical?

I thought it was ship detection?

[ZMY]
[ZMY]
Beta Tester
10 posts
1,151 battles

Public Test cannot be log on due to wrong email or password. Still in the browser i can log in so that mean there is over flow of player that server cannot support. i think WOWS need to put a bigger server.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,492 battles

Public Test cannot be log on due to wrong email or password. Still in the browser i can log in so that mean there is over flow of player that server cannot support. i think WOWS need to put a bigger server.

I'm currently on the test server right now, maybe you got your login wrong?

[ZMY]
[ZMY]
Beta Tester
10 posts
1,151 battles

well i can log in using browser. but game launcher cannot...

Edit : miscommunication, i creat RU acc not PT RU acc. dang 

Edited by xxxZAMMYxxx

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,083 posts
7,210 battles

The 6in cruiser guns are no fun anymore, still havn't take my USN DD's for a run yet but by the look of this they lost the gun power (their only real weapon) against ever thing bar other DD's

Might have to play battleships.....oh the horror of no speed :sceptic:

shot-15.09.05_19.27.46-0268.jpgshot-15.09.05_19.27.56-0468.jpg

shot-15.09.05_19.27.46-0268.jpg

shot-15.09.05_19.27.56-0468.jpg

[SNG]
3 posts
6,322 battles

I feel like the japanese carriers actually ended up getting buffed with this update. I mean, usually when I am playing ryujou and then I see a independence on the enemy team, i go sh*t. And we get rekt in the skies. But now with the update we can actually stand on even ground, and for some reason, I have been trumping independeces in the skies with the 3/1/1 loadout. Wonder why....

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

The 6in cruiser guns are no fun anymore, still havn't take my USN DD's for a run yet but by the look of this they lost the gun power (their only real weapon) against ever thing bar other DD's

Might have to play battleships.....oh the horror of no speed :sceptic:

shot-15.09.05_19.27.46-0268.jpgshot-15.09.05_19.27.56-0468.jpg

6" guns really ought only to be useful to any substantial degree against DDs, CVs, CLs and possibly some CAs. That they used to wreck BBs too was absurd.

Any CA that thinks it should be fighting BBs that aren't already shooting at other BBs is doing it wrong.

Edited by Steeltrap

[BRU]
Super Tester_
1,689 posts

6" guns really ought only to be useful to any substantial degree against DDs, CVs, CLs and possibly some CAs. That they used to wreck BBs too was absurd.

Any CA that thinks it should be fighting BBs that aren't already shooting at other BBs is doing it wrong.

... I admit, I wasn't trying to blast them with the 8 inch guns, I was trying to get to effective torpedo range for a cruiser while engaging other targets (I set the torp effective range for cruisers as 7km. anything else with it I consider sniping. absurd, I know) since technically, Japanese cruisers have more potency with their torps when blasting battleships in their CA's.

I aint doing that anymore however.

[LEAK]
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
2,030 battles

*Except Mogami and Cleveland

If you are not using those to kill BBs that would be such a waste :trollface:

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

*Except Mogami and Cleveland

If you are not using those to kill BBs that would be such a waste :trollface:

I'd suggest my point still stands for the Cleveland at least. With changes to damage mechanics of the 6" AND the loss of the "haha you can't hit my citadel" magic, a Cleveland that takes on a BB in a straight fight is asking to die. I've wrecked Clevelands in my Wyoming, and that's only tier 4. I'd expect a New Mex to make relatively short work of one unless RNG says no.

Can't speak for Mogami as I'm not playing any ships where I encounter them.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

I'd suggest my point still stands for the Cleveland at least. With changes to damage mechanics of the 6" AND the loss of the "haha you can't hit my citadel" magic, a Cleveland that takes on a BB in a straight fight is asking to die. I've wrecked Clevelands in my Wyoming, and that's only tier 4. I'd expect a New Mex to make relatively short work of one unless RNG says no.

Can't speak for Mogami as I'm not playing any ships where I encounter them.

I don't understand why people haven't woken up to the fact that the Cleveland ain't what she used to be.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I don't understand why people haven't woken up to the fact that the Cleveland ain't what she used to be.

Maybe some of them never played it when it deserved the amusing name "Cheatland", but have heard about it?

They believe it's a beast so they conclude it's one, without really knowing it's powerful under the right conditions but not under every condition as it once was.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Maybe some of them never played it when it deserved the amusing name "Cheatland", but have heard about it?

They believe it's a beast so they conclude it's one, without really knowing it's powerful under the right conditions but not under every condition as it once was.

You mean the shells travelling speed got buffed plus the fire r@te yeah...