You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Juan_23

HOLY...UPDATE 0.4.1 is going to be EPIC

75 comments in this topic

[POI]
Super Tester_
352 posts
4,354 battles

Well...

... atleast I have a somewhat Yuudachi.

NDyZutr.jpg

Yuudaichi is most like Hatsuharu in this game 

[LUCK]
802 posts

Dude.. They are trying to fix things that are broken and all you can think of are of Premium Ships?

But how can I complain about spending money on a broken game now?!

1,134 posts
1,377 battles

You can always complain about a certain Tier VIII premium IJN cruiser that 1-2 salvos all other ships. :hiding:

[BOTES]
Beta Tester
3,034 posts
1,607 battles

Turret traverse was never a problem with these ships anyway.

There's always a way to get most/all guns into their firing arc even against fast reloading opposition.

You still have to sail straight without turning so your guns can track the enemy. Anyone good enough will get you, especially with the increased module damage because reasons.

[BRU]
Super Tester_
1,689 posts

I still want to whine that the flak put in the air is too insufficient.

Beta Tester
110 posts
7,198 battles

Lol Retia Agreed,...........Were is my Yuudachi in the UPDATE..... I wanna retk some ships in the Solomon Islands map with the Nightmare of Solomon  

pffft the nightmare of solomon was anavel gato of the principality.

[LEAK]
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
2,030 battles

Oh god, Need to Grind away from the Minekaze now....

[LUCK]
802 posts

I still want to whine that the flak put in the air is too insufficient.

I've always felt there's been a lack of tracers for 40mm guns.

Also, restore Iowa with historical quad mount bofors!

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

And give Iowa her correct speed while you're at it.

'Ranked' battles that depend on NUMBER of wins is still pointless because NUMBER of anything doesn't say anything about QUALITY, and the rest of the comments are about QUALITY (which are quite correct IMO).

So implement some sort of 'quality' based mode...then allow anyone to play if they play enough battles.

Makes perfect sense.

Some of the rest of it sound interesting, some of it unimportant to me. MM changes are probably the single biggest news, and largely positive.

1,134 posts
1,377 battles

And give Iowa her correct speed while you're at it.

'Ranked' battles that depend on NUMBER of wins is still pointless because NUMBER of anything doesn't say anything about QUALITY, and the rest of the comments are about QUALITY (which are quite correct IMO).

So implement some sort of 'quality' based mode...then allow anyone to play if they play enough battles.

Makes perfect sense.

Some of the rest of it sound interesting, some of it unimportant to me. MM changes are probably the single biggest news, and largely positive.

Agreed, they should've done leagues/brackets based on an MMR.

Cadet league: Noob friendly /casual

Captains League: Intermediates

Admiral League: Hardcore

Edited by Chawp

[LEAK]
2,500 posts
1,557 battles

Agreed, they should've done leagues/brackets based on an MMR.

Cadet league: Noob friendly /casual

Captains League: Intermediates

Admiral League: Hardcore

I have a feeling that any kind of "ranked" mode in a game like this will leak population faster than World of Warplanes did.

[LEAK]
Beta Tester
2,718 posts
2,030 battles

I have a feeling that any kind of "ranked" mode in a game like this will leak population faster than World of Warplanes did.

Couldn't agree more.

There isn't a Established Playerbase yet.

I hop on and have a look earlier today - ~12PM GMT+8 - Just over 10000 players online. Considering the exposure and the "Beta Hype", this isn't all that impressive.

Edited by Alvin1020

1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Yeah, I guess they took the more "casual" approach and now that I think about it, I can already imagine post being like "I'm X rank so my opinions are 100% better than Y ranks" if they were to implented a system similar to what I suggested.

Couldn't agree more.

I hop on and have a look earlier today - ~12PM GMT+8 - Just over 10000 players online. Considering the exposure and the "Beta Hype", this isn't all that impressive.

They said this was just a test, so I assume this might be removed sometime down the line while they further improve it. 
Edited by Chawp

[BLUMR]
4,163 posts
1,924 battles

Couldn't agree more.

12pm GMT+8 on regular weekday doesn't really say a lot, tbh. That's early afternoon for the Aussies and midday for SEA/HK/JP. On a work day (and for the schoolkids, class hours).

1,134 posts
1,377 battles

12pm GMT+8 on regular weekday doesn't really say a lot, tbh. That's early afternoon for the Aussies and midday for SEA/HK/JP. On a work day (and for the schoolkids, class hours).

I actually find that alot of players are online close to midnight/early mornings (+10GMT)

[LEAK]
2,500 posts
1,557 battles

Couldn't agree more.

15k atm, more than enough and I've seen higher.

(Plus it's mid-week)

The problem will be the same as with company battles and the other half dozen attempts at creating a competitive mode for WoT.

Even on the RU server, the one where those modes are actually being played the percentages of players playing them compared to the overall population

is laughable.

Note though that having this competitive part in a game is good, because it gives the game an additional angle for gameplay.

However right now I don't see the point at all.

The game is way too imbalanced for any kind of skill based competition that doesn't result in 7v7 of the most OP vessels available.

They said this was just a test, so I assume this might be removed sometime down the line while they further improve it. 

To quote the news:

Rank Battles is a season-long event available to all players not enlisted in divisions with Tier VI-VII ships and Level 9 accounts.

So yeah, a season long, which I assume translates either into 4 months or until the next patch.

And... well... tier VI and VII... yeah... lemme quote myself:

The game is way too imbalanced for any kind of skill based competition that doesn't result in 7v7 of the most OP vessels available.

And especially high tiers are an utter mess... well, tier VI is okayish, but not even close when it comes to competitive decisions.

[A-SKY]
Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
772 battles

I would suggest stop making any comments even before you get your hands on the testing server.

1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I was mostly referring to this bit when I was talking about it being a test, granted it was from the EU portal.

It goes without saying that the first season of Ranked Battles, which is scheduled for a couple of weeks after the update release, will be a test run. We will scrutinise the gathered statistics and feedback from participants, follow their progress and plan further development of Ranked Battles.

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/game-update-041-pt-announcement/

I do agree with you though, that WoWS isn't fully ready for a ranked mode, not for a long time.
Edited by Chawp

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

2nd new maps (Strait, Solomon islands map)

Also,

On Hotspot, the diagonal team arrangement and the Domination mode with five bases were removed.

Oh, yeah.

[LEAK]
2,500 posts
1,557 battles

I would suggest stop making any comments even before you get your hands on the testing server.

I once suggested to a politician that the congress should stop making any comments on war, disease and other catastrophes until they actually happen.

He told me they already do...

Personally I find that to be a very bad thing to do, but hey... I'm not a politician so what do I know, right?