Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
R3negade

a question related to Ibuki AA and AA mechanism

4 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

Stock Hull

MNtMqjk.png

Remodel

iMeUKBo.png

Stock hull has 12 mounts of Triple 25mm which deal 101dps at 3.0km

Remodeled hull got only 6 mounts of it with reduced dps to 58 plus another 6 40mm which only got 38dps, both of them has increased fire range to 3.1km

in this case will the stock hull be better will engaging a single air squadron?

is having more different AA gun or AAA of the same fire range will have better performance when against enemy air squadrons?

what values of the AA gun / AAA are changed when the AA skill is activated ?

how do the AA actually works in the game?

Everything related the planes shoot down is kinda random atm :l

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Higher calibre gun is more effective to engage airplanes, while lower calibre AA may have better RoF, they have lower range thus the time spent by the aircrafts under the "fire blanket" is shorter than the higher calibre gun IMHO.... However this could only be proven with  experiment for both of the hulls again the same condition, i.e. Against the same number of aircrafts attacking in the same manner, which is quite impossible without a training room. 

You could watch this video as an example: 

Edited by Artisto81

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I didn't want to say this yet as I'm waiting for a dev to confirm it... but I guess I might as well share it now.

In my previous postings I've always pointed out that AA is a DoT bubble. So when planes enter this bubble, they lose HP and they eventually die.

I was (most likely) wrong.

After reading a certain RU Dev post, I believe that it's mostly RNG.

Basically, planes don't really have HP and AA doesn't actually deal damage. Instead, AA has a probability of shooting down a plane in a squadron every second. A probability bubble instead of a DoT bubble.

e.g. Plane's survivability = 1000, AA DPS = 100. Therefore, the probability for shooting down a plane every second = DPS/survivability = 100/1000 = 10% every second.

So, theoretically, it's even possible for a ship with only single digit DPS to shoot down a plane with 1000 survivability in the first second it enters the ship's AA bubble, but the probability is extremely low (less than 1%). I've confirmed this bit in a training room under controlled conditions.

As for your question. If the above explanation is correct, upgraded hull has less chance of shooting down a plane every second, however it starts making checks sooner. But 0.1km sooner isn't much of an improvement since it's still up to RNG, and I'm inclined to say the stock hull has better AA.

According to the link I provided earlier, Defensive Fire appears to only affect long range guns (x6 DPS). It doesn't specifically say what is considered long range guns, from context I infer it to be the DP guns.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

I didn't want to say this yet as I'm waiting for a dev to confirm it... but I guess I might as well share it now.

In my previous postings I've always pointed out that AA is a DoT bubble. So when planes enter this bubble, they lose HP and they eventually die.

I was (most likely) wrong.

After reading a certain RU Dev post, I believe that it's mostly RNG.

Basically, planes don't really have HP and AA doesn't actually deal damage. Instead, AA has a probability of shooting down a plane in a squadron every second. A probability bubble instead of a DoT bubble.

e.g. Plane's survivability = 1000, AA DPS = 100. Therefore, the probability for shooting down a plane every second = survivability/DPS = 100/1000 = 10% every second.

So, theoretically, it's even possible for a ship with only single digit DPS to shoot down a plane with 1000 survivability in the first second it enters the ship's AA bubble, but the probability is extremely low (less than 1%). I've confirmed this bit in a training room under controlled conditions.

As for your question. If the above explanation is correct, upgraded hull has less chance of shooting down a plane every second, however it starts making checks sooner. But 0.1km sooner isn't much of an improvement since it's still up to RNG, and I'm inclined to say the stock hull has better AA.

According to the link I provided earlier, Defensive Fire appears to only affect long range guns (x6 DPS). It doesn't specifically say what is considered long range guns, from context I infer it to be the DP guns.

Thanks for the post from ru dev, definitely took me a while to finish reading it :v

I thought the the survivability of planes means health,too. looks like we all are wrong, it just for a reference for CV players...

So I think we can take this as a RNG related stuff  :l

Sign in to follow this