Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
grannyslam

Trops from CV

19 comments in this topic

13 posts
6,976 battles

I have been playing WoWs for a while and I would likesome feed back from fellow players since there will be many changes to come.

= I think torp planes should drop their trop with more slow torp speed ... or fly a lot slower !

I have a tier 6 New Mexico with both AA perks .... and this is the 3rd game in a row where ive been torp'd to the bottom * Im a bit pissed .. yes

= I boost for battleships or strong torp armor.

the 2 best classes now are DDs and CVs ...they can power game

*** please give constructive feed back

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I have been playing WoWs for a while and I would likesome feed back from fellow players since there will be many changes to come.

= I think torp planes should drop their trop with more slow torp speed ... or fly a lot slower !

I have a tier 6 New Mexico with both AA perks .... and this is the 3rd game in a row where ive been torp'd to the bottom * Im a bit pissed .. yes

How slow you want the torpedo plane is when it already very slow.

[FYI: Torps from CV*]

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,328 battles

CV  dropped torpedoes can be difficult to dodge but there are a few things that can help you dodge them

1. automatic torpedo drops will take place from 1.8km so if there's a torpedo squad in an area of about 3-5 km, keep watching and begin to maneuver

2. if you think a CV is out for you and you turn you might notice that the planes will jerk around as they re-aim, if they don't they could be on a manual drop or they could be after someone else

3. Manual drops will often come from 1.0km and they are harder to dodge so look out for them

4. as the torpedoes are dropped slow down or speed up depending on your needs as it makes you harder to hit

5. turn into a manual drop(as you have a possibility of hitting the torpedo before it arms, leaving it useless) unless they are at an angle that is easy to avoid

6. when you can sit near Cruisers of T6 and up or near the attack planes as they will target the squads and make them less accurate

7. stay out of narrow areas at all times and away from players who aren't paying attention

8. (LAST RESORT) if an ally isn't giving you room when the torpedoes are dropped and you MUST dodge them ram him as the change in speed MIGHT make you dodge the torpedo (DO NOT DO THIS ALL THE TIME AND EXPECT COMPLAINTS FROM THE RAMIE)

9. (not certain about this but it seems to work) if you know your going to be hit get the Torpedo to hit your Torpedo Bulge armor  (over the Citadel) but not all ships have them so be careful or do some homework to find out which ships have them

also don't post torpedo complaints, you might be attacked by everyone on the forum if your not careful!

hope this helps

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

IMO 2 best classes right now are BB and CA.

CV is only dominant when your team are spread out. If your team gather up with many (tier6+) Cruiser support, Carrier captains can't do a thing, this is the current problem with RU server where people think CV is worthless. (Atleast that's what iChase said)

Ofcourse, in other servers everyone go their own way, so they got owned by CV and whined, Russian player don't get a thing. :hiding:

DD is really situational, right now statistics show that they are the most underperforming class because of how hard it is to score a torpedo hit at higher tiers. Lower tiers don't really count though, as players down there don't have much situational awareness and low tier torps reload really fast.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

1,230 posts
2,681 battles

CVs are already hard to play, don't make them cry,

You get hit cuz you're not aware of you situation, don't stay in binocular view all the time.

Again, go with your teammates and be aware of your situation.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

DD is the a ship with the least affection of the outcome of the battle

As they kill a ship not in a quick succession unlike BB and CA that can kill in one salvo and could do that again in the short time

And due the how vulnerable are they, they won't hold for long against incoming cruiser that already detect them early

So this statement: "the 2 best classes now are DDs and CVs ...they can power game"

Is laughable

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

2 most OP class = CA and CV

BB is rather underpowered

IJN DD is overpowered and can lead game under some circumstances  (minekaze)

U.S. DD is only good in close quarter combat so not OP at all

Edited by silenthunter19944

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

2 most OP class = CA and CV

BB is rather underpowered

IJN DD is overpowered and can lead game under some circumstances  (minekaze)

U.S. DD is only good in close quarter combat so not OP at all

IJN DD OP and you only mention Minekaze

Most DD are UP now, due to nerf done byp people like you who barely touch any DD scream and whine about Torpedoes being OP

Edited by Harpoon01

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

IJN DD OP and you only mention Minekaze

Most DD are UP now, due to nerf done byp people like you who barely touch any DD scream and whine about Torpedoes being OP

I play DD more often now so stop complaining about my time in DDs, I still get  1-2 kills easily with my Clemson so I have no idea what you are on about with underpowered DD. 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I play DD more often now so stop complaining about my time in DDs, I still get  1-2 kills easily with my Clemson so I have no idea what you are on about with underpowered DD. 

Said a Random guy to a Veteran Beta-Tester (Now a Supertester) lol

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I have my freedom of speech. Even if I am new it doesn't mean that I am an awful player either. 

I have my "Freedom of Speech" either.

A Guy that average 604XP per Battle talking to a Super-Tester.

It's time for that again:

[content removed]

Insults & Derogatory Comments.  Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Said a Random guy to a Veteran Beta-Tester (Now a Supertester) lol

Why do you imply that you are, or have been a supertester, when you aren't nor have been one ? Not smart, not smart at all.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Again, why do you imply you are a Supertester for WoWS here on the Asia server, when you aren't, nor have been?

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

It's time for that again:

[content removed]

Insults & Derogatory Comments.  Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Yes admiral I see that you have been banned from the forums for insulting your crew members. My respect for you is extremely high now. 

195 posts
356 battles

Banned? Right... He wasn't banned, just can't post for a few days.

Ontopic: The only problem with DDs and CVs are at the low tiers. Low tiers don't have alot/any AA, or secondary batteries (AA and Secondaries don't get good until tier 5 at the minimum. Tier 6 is where it gets amazing (Cheatland, Fuso, etc.)

Also silent: You don't make friends by doing that :P.

Sign in to follow this