You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupis

Premium Ship choices.

55 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

The Russian Omaha, my word yes! :)

I have the Atago, and whilst not bad, I prefer toe Warspite over that by far.

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

No. Yes. Yes.

Atlanta may seem to have good DPS, but man does it lose turrets so fast. Short range. Lobs shots instead of shooting which requires incredible lead time.

Atago, well compared to Atlanta, it's better. You get a proper cruiser, guns that don't easily break, it shoots shells and not lob. Besides it's [content removed] JP, you're at least safe that no nerf would hit those [content removed] JP ships lest WG angers its Asian fanboys/weeaboos[content removed] :teethhappy:

Really liked the Omaha, and even tho Murmansk loses some guns, I would still get it. Great dynamics, guns all over, good speed, and just flushes out its tier V [content removed] JP competition.

Derogatory Comments.  Post Edited. User Sanctioned

~dead_man_walking

Players are reminded of the ruling on abbreviating Japan/Japanese: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8251-notice-on-the-abbreviation-of-japanjapanese/

Edited by dead_man_walking

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Atlanta - Anti-DD/AA CV support vessel.

Atago - Upgraded Aoba/Downgraded Myoko

Murmansk - Better than stock Omaha, slightly worse than fully upgraded Omaha

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,235 battles

Atlanta is very situational. As others have said, it lobs its shells to get the range; which is kinda expected as they are basically DD guns firing at maximum elevation for range. The idea is that with enough practice you can bracket an enemy at range and score some hits, then when the distance closes you can really pour it on. The detection range is the same as its gun range around 11km. Saying that, it is not an easy ship to do well in.

Atago i dont have, but have heard that it is very much like a down graded Myoko.

Murmansk i would definitely recommend. It is essentially the same as a fully upgraded Omaha. It has less torpedo launchers, but the torpedoes travel a useful 8km. Also because it has a spotter plane, it can engage at very long range, making it quite useful for supporting your BB's in a duel. Would get.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Hmm okay. So a lot are saying to avoid the Atlanta. Get the Atago or maybe the Murmansk. For the one who said get warspite. Already got her.

Sucks since i had wanted to get the Atlanta and favour the USN over the IJN.

Edited by Lupis

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Depends on your playstyle - Atlanta has one of the highest RoF/DPM combinations in the game, but suffers from short range, high arc low calibre to compensate.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

You are all tester... Isn't the Arkansas Beta good enough? :D:D:D:D

Too slow, too situational, also food for DD/CV because of the speed and no AA.

I sold her to make room for more useful ships, such as my Kongo and Minekaze. I make more money in them than I do in Arkansas.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Okay. i love the rof of the USN ships.

I need to warn you that Atlanta has POS armor and could get citadel or detonate pretty easily. So, don't go in thinking you'll rain down a lot of damage since they could sink you so fast.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I need to warn you that Atlanta has POS armor and could get citadel or detonate pretty easily. So, don't go in thinking you'll rain down a lot of damage since they could sink you so fast.

Very, very, very, very fast. Trust me :(

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Very, very, very, very fast. Trust me :(

That's common problem for most Cruisers, aside from the Cleveland and Baltimore anyway.

As a CBT Atlanta user, WG nerf it so badly. :unsure:

The only thing nerfed was its HE damage, although it benefited from the Captain skill range upgrade from 0.4.0 patch, so it's still okay.

(Don't forget, it gets huge maneuverability buff from 0.3.1 patch too, the old Atlanta used to have one of the worst turn radius of all Cruisers)

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I love seeing Atlanta's on the opposing side when im in a Fuso or Kongo, AP rounds, 2 citadel hits and bye bye Atlanta.

Its the one ship I haven't bought yet, though I may in the end for a premium on the NA server.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Okay so Murmansk and Atago are everyone's choices.

Murmansk is OP as hell. Because Russian.

Atago is alright - it strengthened the Torpedo armament and trade it for a bit of Fire Rate.

1 post
2,165 battles

I bought Atago and is good, but if premi ship is not good as her same tier, why the tier 7 Myoko is better than Atago really...

Myoko is getting nerf in the next patch

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

So after sleeping on it. I went and got both russian ships.

Edit:

Aurora=Russian St Louis oh my lord yes!

Edited by Lupis