You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
greifer

Captain Perk - Demolition Expert Query

17 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Hi All,

I am at a level to select a Tier IV skill for a captain for my BC/BB.

Looking at the selections, I note that the Demolition Expert states that it provides a +3 percent change to cause a fire.

Does this apply to AP shells?

I could not find the information relating to a specific shell type on the wiki, and presume it is either HE or AP (Bombers as well for those CV lovers).

Could anyone please confirm that is the right assumption, or if it is incorrect any only apples to HE shells for ships.

Thanks in advance,

G

[BMRSF]
420 posts
1,221 battles

Correction 
Ap shell did set fire (even without the skills) 

Even though on 1% chance

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Correction 

Ap shell did set fire (even without the skills) 

Even though on 1% chance

No, they don't.

423 posts
3,175 battles

well, the last match on the Omaha I load AP to shoot at the Furukata (or Fukutaka), and it miraclously set a fire. So I thought AP could somehow start a fire, but very, very rarely.

I used to think AP can never start a fire, but now I know it could, abeit so rare...

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

well, the last match on the Omaha I load AP to shoot at the Furukata (or Fukutaka), and it miraclously set a fire. So I thought AP could somehow start a fire, but very, very rarely.

I used to think AP can never start a fire, but now I know it could, abeit so rare...

Out of countless AP shells I fired from my ships, I've never seen it happening, with my own shells that is.

It's possible that some of u guys here thought u set on fire using AP, but are you sure you had HE loaded instead?

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

No, they don't.

Yes, they do.  I've been surprised by it when I've fired a salvo of AP and been informed I set the enemy on fire.  Maybe it's only BBs but it's happened.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

this argument has raged back and forth for a while now lol

I'm with Potoroo on this one - I have set fire to ships with AP (and yes I have double checked what I am firing!) with CL/CA and BB's

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Only 2 ways to start fires: HE shells and bombs. Source.

Also, according to info gained from datamining, AP shells actually have a negative chance to start fires.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Also, according to info gained from datamining, AP shells actually have a negative chance to start fires.

Even when they are bursting through the fuel bunkers? 

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Your source is wrong.  I repeat: I've seen AP shells start fires.  It's rare, but it's real.  If WG are officially saying it's not supposed to happen then they have a bug to fix.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Your source is wrong.  I repeat: I've seen AP shells start fires.  It's rare, but it's real.  If WG are officially saying it's not supposed to happen then they have a bug to fix.

If you have a replay of this happening, please submit a bug report. 

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

If you have a replay of this happening, please submit a bug report. 

As I've said before, I'll turn replays on when they give me a button to do it with.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I've set AP shell set on fire as well few day ago.... first I not sure about did I just shot HE .... but then the shell from same salvo say it hit citadel too .. so it must be AP right? since HE not gonna penetrate into citadel ?

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I've set AP shell set on fire as well few day ago.... first I not sure about did I just shot HE .... but then the shell from same salvo say it hit citadel too .. so it must be AP right? since HE not gonna penetrate into citadel ?

HE Does penetrate a ship's citadel, but usually that is achievable against lightly armored CV mainly.

As I've said before, I'll turn replays on when they give me a button to do it with.

Aslain's mod pack can do that for you, or you can manually enable it but it's a bit more complicated.