Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BigWaveSurfer

Tech tree fr Japanese battleships

11 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
953 posts
5,654 battles

we all have our favourites. for me it is the Mackensen. laided down in 1915 but not completed. German WWI BC are the best. at least that is how I feel

Mind you HMS Nelson was the first model ship I ever built so have a soft spot for her too.

679 posts
3,522 battles

German WWI BC are the best. at least that is how I feel

At Jutland the German BC and LC hit their targets 3 times more often than the British, who were at that time considered the best navy in the world.  The Germans sunk more ships and tonnage but due to only having 1/3 to 1/2 the numbers of the British were too afraid to risk a second engagement.

In WW1 &2 the German rangefinding technology was peerless, until the US Radar systems in 43 eclipsed previous technologies.

Ton for ton German ships are widely acknowledged to be the best ships in WW1 & 2.

However, just like the Yamoto, even the most famous (read Bismarck) had design flaws, especially at the level of skirting protection above wave height.

679 posts
3,522 battles

I like the sound of the tier 9 'A140-J2' I have always been fond of HMS Nelson and she is set up along the same lines.

Ok I'm ready to start CBT now :child:

Yep but I'd rather see the British ships.

Sign in to follow this