You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Yo_burn_baby_burn

Torpedoes are Overpowered.... Unbalanced Game

40 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Torpedoes are really overpowered and I feel its unbalanced.

They aren't.

Destroyers also reload torpedoes as fast as battleships reload their guns...

They don't.

I think something needs to be done to balancing. 

[content removed]

Derogatory Comments.  Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Torpedoes are really overpowered and I feel its unbalanced. Destroyers also reload torpedoes as fast as battleships reload their guns...... I think something needs to be done to balancing. 

Torpedoes take  less than 30 seconds to reload (standard BB reload time) for DD's below tier 3 only, i.e the umikaze and the sampson.....

also :bajan::trollface::popcorn: BINGO!

1,230 posts
2,397 battles

Torpedoes are really overpowered and I feel its unbalanced. Destroyers also reload torpedoes as fast as battleships reload their guns...... I think something needs to be done to balancing. 

Faster than BB guns,? try mutsuki

Something needs to be done?, Yes, we'll need to fix your understanding skills

1,230 posts
2,397 battles

Torpedoes take  less than 30 seconds to reload (standard BB reload time) for DD's below tier 3 only, i.e the umikaze and the sampson.....

also :bajan::trollface::popcorn: BINGO!

Heck, T3 DDS are REALLY FRAGILE

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

Torpedoes are really overpowered and I feel its unbalanced.

Nope, they aren't OP

Destroyers also reload torpedoes as fast as battleships reload their guns.

No, Torp reload is slower in higher tier

I think something needs to be done to balancing. 

You can easily detect torpedoes and dodge them (most of the time)

Beta Tester
60 posts
7,251 battles

WoWS has a rough learning curve, dont worry, just learn from your experiences. Here's a few tips to help as well, you can take em or leave em.

1. don't sail in straight lines, where possible wiggle the ship and take unexpected turns, this will make it harder for torpedoes to hit

2. destroyers require cover to be safe from attack so keep an eye around islands as destroyers will often try to hit you as you pass an island

3. give yourself some space from islands and other ships to allow you to maneuver out of the way if necessary

4. if you spot a destroyer close to you (5km or closer) load HE (as AP will over penetrate and do little damage usually) and begin to turn hard as he might of fired his torpedoes

5. if you see a smoke screen do the same thing

6. don't rely on the torpedo warnings to act as your maneuvering queue, after firing go out of periscope view and look for torpedo trails and red torpedo markers in the water

7. when a torpedo Squadron is coming towards you begin to turn

8. an automatic torpedo drop will be launched at about 1.8km so if the planes are within 5.0km keep an eye open as the CV will be preparing final maneuvers

9. a manual torpedo drop can happen from about 1.0 km and their harder to dodge

10. (I'm not certain about this but it seems to work) if you know your going to be hit by a torpedo  try to get the Torpedo to hit your torpedo bulge as it might reduce the likeliness of a flood, generally over Citadel but some ships don't have them aswell

hope this helps and gook luck in future :)

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Alright, lets try to be constructive.

OP - destroyers currently have a pretty low average damage per game, and have pretty low torpedo accuracy. This is primarily because most ships are capable of dodging destroyer-launched torpedoes by simply varying their course. Furthermore, whenever torpedoes are detected, you get a shouted direction as the where they are, indicators, and beeping to tell you how close they are.

You've only got 13 PvP games (PvE games don't really count - the AI will always fire torpedoes straight at a projected course and are extremely easy to avoid), which means you don't have a lot of experience with the game as of yet. I advise you to read the guides in the Newcomers Forum and learn the game, before coming into to complain about aspects of the game being overpowered - in fact, you shouldn't really be judging something as overpowered unless you've got a significant amount of experience under your belt unless you want your opinions to get ripped into and dissected by more experienced players.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

I played mostly PVE matches,

Take it slowly, OP. Learn the game first. You can make the most learning to gun play against AI ships, then you can graduate and face human players in gun battles. Then you need to try to use torpedos yourself against human players. I don't know about you, but i learn a lot from torping human players. It aided me in how to evade torp attack as well.

Then you can proceed to Tier 4 where you meet carriers that crush your dreams completely :hiding:

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Some of you guys could have said it in a nicer way, instead of lashing out at him     :hiding:

What are you saying? You think i'm not nice enough? how dare you! :(

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Some of you guys could have said it in a nicer way, instead of lashing out at him     :hiding:

well... there were a couple of similar events smelting "torpedo OP plz nurf"

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

WoWS has a rough learning curve, dont worry, just learn from your experiences. Here's a few tips to help as well, you can take em or leave em.

1. don't sail in straight lines, where possible wiggle the ship and take unexpected turns, this will make it harder for torpedoes to hit

2. destroyers require cover to be safe from attack so keep an eye around islands as destroyers will often try to hit you as you pass an island

3. give yourself some space from islands and other ships to allow you to maneuver out of the way if necessary

4. if you spot a destroyer close to you (5km or closer) load HE (as AP will over penetrate and do little damage usually) and begin to turn hard as he might of fired his torpedoes

5. if you see a smoke screen do the same thing

6. don't rely on the torpedo warnings to act as your maneuvering queue, after firing go out of periscope view and look for torpedo trails and red torpedo markers in the water

7. when a torpedo Squadron is coming towards you begin to turn

8. an automatic torpedo drop will be launched at about 1.8km so if the planes are within 5.0km keep an eye open as the CV will be preparing final maneuvers

9. a manual torpedo drop can happen from about 1.0 km and their harder to dodge

10. (I'm not certain about this but it seems to work) if you know your going to be hit by a torpedo  try to get the Torpedo to hit your torpedo bulge as it might reduce the likeliness of a flood, generally over Citadel but some ships don't have them aswell

hope this helps and gook luck in future :)

Alright, lets try to be constructive.

OP - destroyers currently have a pretty low average damage per game, and have pretty low torpedo accuracy. This is primarily because most ships are capable of dodging destroyer-launched torpedoes by simply varying their course. Furthermore, whenever torpedoes are detected, you get a shouted direction as the where they are, indicators, and beeping to tell you how close they are.

You've only got 13 PvP games (PvE games don't really count - the AI will always fire torpedoes straight at a projected course and are extremely easy to avoid), which means you don't have a lot of experience with the game as of yet. I advise you to read the guides in the Newcomers Forum and learn the game, before coming into to complain about aspects of the game being overpowered - in fact, you shouldn't really be judging something as overpowered unless you've got a significant amount of experience under your belt unless you want your opinions to get ripped into and dissected by more experienced players.

All jokes aside, these two posts are pretty useful for anyone genuinely new to the game.

OP, forget us ragging you (it happens), and I highly recommend you look at these two posts I quoted. You can learn quite a bit from them.