You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

The Minekaze detectability range must be nerfed

78 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

The Minekaze get kills way too easily, it only appear when it is about 5km away from me and seriously if non of my crew member cannot spot a Minekaze that is 5km away then the entire crew will be dismissed or be kick out of the navy. It's torpedo range is really good, but i feel like its torpedo damage is completely out of control. 1 torpedo took away 1/3 of my health (fully upgraded New York) and i do realise that is the only good thing about the Minekaze because of its low health. However, its detectability range should be nerfed to at least 6.5 km or 6.7 km (similar to the Nicholas) and the ship might get a HP boost to compensate for this OR the torpedo damage must be nerfed, that's all

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

The Minekaze get kills way too easily, it only appear when it is about 5km away from me and seriously if non of my crew member cannot spot a Minekaze that is 5km away then the entire crew will be dismissed or be kick out of the navy. It's torpedo range is really good, but i feel like its torpedo damage is completely out of control. 1 torpedo took away 1/3 of my health (fully upgraded New York) and i do realise that is the only good thing about the Minekaze because of its low health. However, its detectability range should be nerfed to at least 6.5 km or 6.7 km (similar to the Nicholas) and the ship might get a HP boost to compensate for this OR the torpedo damage must be nerfed, that's all

Played a lot of DDs have you? Or just died to them frequently?

It's a 1-trick pony, really.

Poor old BBs suffer the problem that, at lower tiers at least, they are largely victims to aircraft dropping torps, and somewhat to DDs who get in close enough to launch.

About all you can do is NOT sail in a straight line for more than about 20 seconds if you know a DD is around. Even better is to get a friendly  USN DD to hang around with you, or a CA.

Ideally CAs should stick with BBs because they are the best at dealing with aircraft and DDs, while the BB can deal with enemy CAs and BBs (the greatest threats to CAs).

Of course ideally you don't have players with the intellect of a mollusc, either, so good luck with that.

Already the case that the best you can do, ESPECIALLY if you are playing a BB, is form a div with 2 decent players so you can form a combined unit to deal with all the threats. A BB with 2 x CAs or a CA and USN DD make for a powerful group.

Otherwise, expect to suffer a lot from aircraft and DDs.

But DDs have been nerfed several times since Alpha, and they really don't need any more.

Cheers

Edited by Steeltrap

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Played a lot in DD and still that tier 5 is too OP in their torps...

DD torps were nerfed considerably. They really aren't OP unless people sail in straight lines when they ought to know better.

If I had to choose between dealing with a DD or a few squads of torp bombers as a BB, I'd pick a DD every time.

p.s. I was in the process of editing my first post when you added your reply.

Edited by Steeltrap

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

DD torps were nerfed considerably. They really aren't OP unless people sail in straight lines when they ought to know better.

If I had to choose between dealing with a DD or a few squads of torp bombers as a BB, I'd pick a DD every time.

p.s. I was in the process of editing my first post when you added your reply.

I just really hate their torps ..​

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I use the Clemson and the Minakaze detect range must be needed. He can spot me 1.5 km before I can spot him. I am not surprised that the average kill/ match for a Minekaze is about 3. It's the ultimate noob DD after all 3 torps and 90% health of New York or Wyoming class is gone. It's even worst for IJN BB as they have bad torpedo belt

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

U.S. DD can only kill IJN DD, BB and CV as their guns are not powerful and the U.S. DD captain must to have some balls to get in 3-5 km of an enemy ship and release their payload while the enemy is constantly shooting at you. You have a 40% surviability chance while the Minekaze captains just release torps after torps into an area. Some times I call them torpedo wh*r*s because they are just spamming torpedoes until something die. IJN surviability rate while torping is 75%

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I use the Clemson and the Minakaze detect range must be needed. He can spot me 1.5 km before I can spot him. I am not surprised that the average kill/ match for a Minekaze is about 3. It's the ultimate noob DD after all 3 torps and 90% health of New York or Wyoming class is gone. It's even worst for IJN BB as they have bad torpedo belt

You mean Bulge.

195 posts
356 battles

As Steeltrap said (Sorry, I just skimmed through it, but I got the jest of it - Phone makes everything like a wall of text :P), it's a one trick story. Torpedoes and Stealth are everything - Same goes for the entire IJN line. If you want guns, and alright torpedoes, seems like the USA line is for you.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

As Steeltrap said (Sorry, I just skimmed through it, but I got the jest of it - Phone makes everything like a wall of text :P), it's a one trick story. Torpedoes and Stealth are everything - Same goes for the entire IJN line. If you want guns, and alright torpedoes, seems like the USA line is for you.

U.S. DD: good guns but awful detecability. IJN DD: guns are not bad, OP torps and extremely good detec range. Logic much? IJN can kill anything at anytime while U.S. DD can only kill an enemy ship if he is distracted and only have a 40% surviability chance while torping

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IJN DD works in this game to remain undetected while launch their Torp

If they get detected fairly easy the moment they want to use their torpedoes, then what's the point of using IJN DD?!?

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

IJN DD works in this game to remain undetected while launch their Torp

If they get detected fairly easy the moment they want to use their torpedoes, then what's the point of using IJN DD?!?

Torp= OP 3 hits to kill a Wyoming and 4 to kill a Kongo and New York

Detectable range: OP. Even a 8 year old kid can spot a Minekaze while its 5km away. 

A Minekaze will either just get in close range and torp you and get out like it's nobody's business or it will spam torpedo after torpedo and lock down an area (Happen more than often). IJN DD captains will never be as skilful as a U.S. dD captain. Minekaze are just overpowered spam bots

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Statistically speaking, DDs are performing the worst out of the ship classes, and you want more DD nerfs?

You may as well propose for DDs to be deleted from the game, it would make more sense. DDs have been nerfed to hell and back since CBT, they're already much more difficult to play compared to before. Asking for further nerfs is just plainly obscene.

A good DD player can make satisfactory contributions to a match.

A good BB player can perform great in a match.

A good CA player can carry an entire team, and turn the tide of a battle.

A mediocre CV player can completely dictate the engagements of the battle, and determine the fate of the team.

Take away stealth from the Minekaze, and what strengths does it have? What's the point of playing it?

Edited by benlisquare

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Minekaze isn't OP in my opinion, its definitely fun to play and all, but its guns are next to useless and the only reason why people call it OP is because they can't seem to dodge torps or avoid going near areas with DD's - IF they followed those simple tricks they wouldn't be sunk so much. Personally I like the Nicholas better as it has 12 torpedo tubes, more health, better guns and better AA

1,126 posts

DD ultimate weapon is their stealth, if you nerved that  DD is nothing more than junk.

a few shot from CL can half their HP or knock their engine out, even if they pop a smoke tier 5 CL still see them with sonar.

ultimate enemy of DD is plane, nothing can outrun plane, if CV keep some of their plane fly over DD head, that DD is as good as death.

DD survivability is purely on stealth.

so.... DON'T NERF IT,

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

DD ultimate weapon is their stealth, if you nerved that  DD is nothing more than junk.

a few shot from CL can half their HP or knock their engine out, even if they pop a smoke tier 5 CL still see them with sonar.

ultimate enemy of DD is plane, nothing can outrun plane, if CV keep some of their plane fly over DD head, that DD is as good as death.

so.... DON'T NERF IT,

But some players dont think so.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Minekaze isn't OP in my opinion, its definitely fun to play and all, but its guns are next to useless and the only reason why people call it OP is because they can't seem to dodge torps or avoid going near areas with DD's - IF they followed those simple tricks they wouldn't be sunk so much. Personally I like the Nicholas better as it has 12 torpedo tubes, more health, better guns and better AA

Nicholas might have better guns but if it want better AA than Minekaze you will have to have one less main guns. Nicholas is basically dead the moment it try to torp anything due to its awful torpedoes. Again US DD only work well at killing DD and CV while the IJN DD can kill anything at any times 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

so.... DON'T NERF IT,

Mean while U.S. DD is awful at stealth. Logic much ?

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Nicholas might have better guns but if it want better AA than Minekaze you will have to have one less main guns. Nicholas is basically dead the moment it try to torp anything due to its awful torpedoes. Again US DD only work well at killing DD and CV while the IJN DD can kill anything at any times 

^^ Totally argree.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Statistically speaking, DDs are performing the worst out of the ship classes, and you want more DD nerfs?

You may as well propose for DDs to be deleted from the game, it would make more sense. DDs have been nerfed to hell and back since CBT, they're already much more difficult to play compared to before. Asking for further nerfs is just plainly obscene.

A good DD player can make satisfactory contributions to a match.

A good BB player can perform great in a match.

A good CA player can carry an entire team, and turn the tide of a battle.

A mediocre CV player can completely dictate the engagements of the battle, and determine the fate of the team.

Well I am sure that DD are not meant to get something like 3 BB kills in about one day in real life either. Nuff said, Nerf the Minekaze torps and restore balance to the game. DD are great fun to play as CV and other DD hunter. But we get no point for supporting the team. DD is fine to be honest, I can't wait for more ships to join us in the open sea and then the U.S. ships will be masters in close quarter combat

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Torp= OP 3 hits to kill a Wyoming and 4 to kill a Kongo and New York

Detectable range: OP. Even a 8 year old kid can spot a Minekaze while its 5km away. 

A Minekaze will either just get in close range and torp you and get out like it's nobody's business or it will spam torpedo after torpedo and lock down an area (Happen more than often). IJN DD captains will never be as skilful as a U.S. dD captain. Minekaze are just overpowered spam bots

TORP = Hit rate 3 times lower than BB guns, at high tier reload 3 times slower, target change direction and you miss completely, more than 3 secs to respond the projectile, Torp deal damage as much as Citadel hit that BB do