Sign in to follow this  
jchen8792

Is Bogue a good ship to play?

15 comments in this topic

423 posts
3,175 battles

with less than 500XP to Bogue, I have to ask this question: Is Bogue a good ship to play? Any recommendation in Captain stats, aircraft layout and more is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

1 post
459 battles

You also get the option to go either Fighter mods(No Torp Bombers) or Drop Bombers(No Fighters) mod, with this you get 3 squadrons under Command. Bogue also has better AA and slightly more HP, your planes get a slight upgrade too, but apart from that, it's mostly similar to Langley

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

she has bad concealment, speed and maneuverability, so if you pick hotspot (bottom left or top left spawn), you're good as dead. same thing  if enemy ship like cruisers and dd spot you, because you will never out run them. unless your team mate can deal with them (which rarely happens, sometimes they even refuse to help at all.)

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

With a top speed of barely 18 knots, you will have lots of trouble when you are spotted. And the armor of Bogue is just... Horrible. Today i've scored 4 citadel in a row on a Bogue using... HE... Yes! HE! It's armor is worse than a destroyer!

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Enjoy your time in the when you are at Tier 5 and 6 (Bogue and Indi). Both Decent ships.

There will be a Long Long Nightmare in Tier 7.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Bogue is fun with the fighter mod you can basically ground enemy carrier by camp your fighter near their carrier so  to make them scared to launch any of their planes if not bomber mod also fun especially manual bombing the BB overall bogue is a decent CV compare to Independence...

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

US CV are severely underpowered until you get to tier 8 Lexington which is also underpowered but not as bad. US DD and CV are awful until tier 8, most US BBs are still underpowered until you reach tier 8. War gaming just loves the Japanese don't they ? :(

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

War gaming just loves the Japanese don't they ? :(

People make the same complaint about Russian tanks in WoT. When shown statistics tables and graphs, they then remain firmly situated in their existing mindset, and dial up their cognitive dissonance to overdrive.

Developers have intended WoWS, like WoT before it, to feature national peculiarities, and this will definitely not change. If every single tech tree line played the same, there would be no incentive for me to play the game any further, as it would be the same boring mess. Why not try experimenting with different play styles?

Edited by benlisquare

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

People make the same complaint about Russian tanks in WoT. When shown statistics tables and graphs, they then remain firmly situated in their existing mindset, and dial up their cognitive dissonance to overdrive.

Developers have intended WoWS, like WoT before it, to feature national peculiarities, and this will definitely not change. If every single tech tree line played the same, there would be no incentive for me to play the game any further, as it would be the same boring mess. Why not try experimenting with different play styles?

So US CV have to be awful because of this ?

1 post
1,563 battles

I see your flavour of cognitive dissonance is showing.

with less than 500XP to Bogue, I have to ask this question: Is Bogue a good ship to play? Any recommendation in Captain stats, aircraft layout and more is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

She's a limited utility ship. Taking the dive bomber loadout gives you a decent destroyer killing punch with an anemic torpedo bomber squadron attached, which is maybe great for only-one-carrier battles.

Taking the fighter loadout makes you God's Own Nightmare for [content removed] JP carrier drivers or flattops of lower tier, something that is eminently useless since you then have to rely on your team not folding like the Zimbabwean economy once they spot the enemy team, not to mention the piss poor exp and credits from aircraft kills.

Taking the stock loadout means you kinda suck at making decisions and need to figure out where you want to go in life, for which I have a fortune telling service for 50 bucks.

In short, take the fighter loadout if you want to make other carrier drivers as unhappy as you are; take the bomber loadout if you want to get nuked by [content removed] JP aircraft carriers at the start of the match; take the stock loadout and go back to Langley.

Inappropriate Abbreviation.  Post Edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

As per http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8251-notice-on-the-abbreviation-of-japanjapanese/ 

Edited by dead_man_walking

423 posts
3,175 battles

Okay, I temporary postponed any CV advancement at the moment :hiding:

But I really want to get to Essex, since they are ancestor of my favorite class, LHAs and LHDs :trollface:

So since when the US CV started to shine?

Beta Tester
28 posts
2,370 battles

Okay, I temporary postponed any CV advancement at the moment :hiding:

But I really want to get to Essex, since they are ancestor of my favorite class, LHAs and LHDs :trollface:

So since when the US CV started to shine?

I have a fair few games in the Independence and Bogue. I'll place the screenies here. Bit of a spoiler, I'm not a good player.

Bogue

Spoiler

1zyuhkz.jpg

nejggk.jpg

If you want the replays, I'll send them to your e-mail account. :)

Sign in to follow this