You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Yo_burn_baby_burn

Why Can't WoW Support SLI or CF?

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

WoWS isn't graphically demanding enough to warrant the extra development effort to support something only a tiny fraction of players even have.

19 posts
734 battles

WoWS isn't graphically demanding enough to warrant the extra development effort to support something only a tiny fraction of players even have.

Its important because you can't play at 4K resolution w/o SLI/CF. I am playing WOT also and I can't play @ 4K because frame rate drops to ~50fps.

Beta Tester
773 posts
796 battles

Its important because you can't play at 4K resolution w/o SLI/CF. I am playing WOT also and I can't play @ 4K because frame rate drops to ~50fps.

Just how many Internet cafes have 4k resolution?  Because WG have more important things to worry about than supporting high-end multi-GPU systems that only a tiny fraction of the player base even have.

Super Tester
802 posts

BS

there are a few GPU's capable

Yep. GTX 980, 980ti, Titan X, AMD Fury X and AMD Fury. R9 390s.

As for concern about FPS drops to 50fps, I'm not sure what you're worried about. Even with a single card solution there will still be occasional drop in frame rate.  

Beta Tester
18 posts
2,520 battles

Not only does SLI not add any perceptible performance increase (probably due to the fps cap, though not sure if it increases the minimums, it's impossible to play with because...), it also causes artifacts all over the screen, 2015 indeed.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Because wargaming want people playing on literal bricks with a power cord to be able to play the game, that is literally the reasoning behind many game mechanics that seem slow or boring like plane squadrons for an example, if wargaming stopped caring about the people playing on bricks there would be 3-4 CV on each team, CV could launch more squadrons at once and team sizes would be somewhere around 15-20 per side instead of 12.

Not to mention the fact that they could add even more eye candy to the game.

Casual gamers have been ruining MMo's for years :( look what they did to world of warcraft, it was too hard for them and now its just a boring game that is no fun to play unless you like grinding things. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

MMOs go for the lowest common denominator to get the largest amount of players playing - hence why most MMOs target to have lower minimum requirements and generally simple gameplay with a good learning curve. Attempts to make "hardcore" MMO games (e.g. Fury, based on GW's PvP, or WildStar for raiding) have failed because the hardcore playerbase is simply too small to be commercially viable. Likewise for people who want to play games on 4k resolution - its a low priority compared to stability and content updates.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

i know, still a man can dream about a perfect game built for him can't he? 

In saying that the dumbing down of MMo's has been much more prevalent since about 2009ish, Probably due to the market having ten times as many casual gamers flooding in since then thanks in no small part to games like call of duty and battlefield. 

I miss 2006. 

Id be a happy man if Empire earths servers came back online. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Because wargaming want people playing on literal bricks with a power cord to be able to play the game, that is literally the reasoning behind many game mechanics that seem slow or boring like plane squadrons for an example, if wargaming stopped caring about the people playing on bricks there would be 3-4 CV on each team, CV could launch more squadrons at once and team sizes would be somewhere around 15-20 per side instead of 12.

Not to mention the fact that they could add even more eye candy to the game.

Casual gamers have been ruining MMo's for years :( look what they did to world of warcraft, it was too hard for them and now its just a boring game that is no fun to play unless you like grinding things. 

If you think having 3-4 CVs per game would improve it, let's hope WG continues to base things on Commodore 64 specs.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

If you think having 3-4 CVs per game would improve it, let's hope WG continues to base things on Commodore 64 specs.

I know someone that has a pretty close to top of the line rig and took 24 CV into a training room, let's just say that didn't go well for FPS or GPU temps ;)

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I know someone that has a pretty close to top of the line rig and took 24 CV into a training room, let's just say that didn't go well for FPS or GPU temps ;)

ROFL

19 posts
734 battles

Yep. GTX 980, 980ti, Titan X, AMD Fury X and AMD Fury. R9 390s.

As for concern about FPS drops to 50fps, I'm not sure what you're worried about. Even with a single card solution there will still be occasional drop in frame rate.  

Nope, I am running a pair of Fury X. Many not so much for WoWS but WOT is an issue. I believe both are using same game engine. 

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

With bigger teams yes, would probably want at least 3 of them on a team of 20 players.