You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mtmzorro

What's the meaning of this icon?

29 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

You may encounter desync / ping issues as your network to the game server is currently not stable.

Interesting. I have that symbol all the time, but haven't had any connection/stability issues.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

You may encounter desync / ping issues as your network to the game server is currently not stable.

Personally I have only seen that icon appear on my clients when I have the de-sync issues.

Edited by Halken_Sky

36 posts
1,438 battles

There server is in Japan right?

not in Singapore? i always use Hongkong VPN node to play games. stable for me.
Edited by mtmzorro

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Nope, it's in Singapore.

If that's the case, why is the address .jp?

In the 'reporting lag issues' thread by Syanda, these instructions are included in tracing:

2. Type login.worldofwarships.jp in the field "Address to Trace" (upper left corner).

My friend with unplayable de-synch issues has no such problems with WoT. Clearly a WoWS problem from update 0.3.1.3 onwards; different server might well explain some of it, too.

Edited by Steeltrap

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

That was were the domain name was set up from, no idea why. It has been that way since the Forum was first set to go.

Oh, OK. Weird.

So the whole de-synch thing really DOES come down to whatever they did in 0.3.1.3 (I believe it was something to address micro-lag) that screwed everything for some players.

As I said, friend has no issues with WoT.

As usual, we have no real idea as WG still hasn't replied in any useful way for 2 months.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Also, I am getting the symbol come up as well, no lag, no De-Sync, every couple of battles it shows up, then it goes away.

May be it is a warning that there is not enough in the cue and not to press battle, too many battles running at once (just ideas)

32 posts
794 battles

It means the training rooms are unavailable. And yes it shows regardless even if you've never enabled them.

Nothing to do with de-sync.

Reference http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/21216-orange-triangle-with-explanation-point/page__pid__433481#entry433481

Edited by Rysup

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

It means the training rooms are unavailable. And yes it shows regardless even if you've never enabled them.

Nothing to do with de-sync.

That icon has nothing to do with training rooms.

32 posts
794 battles

That icon has nothing to do with training rooms.

Sure about that? Check my reference i just added. 

Edited by Rysup

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles
32 posts
794 battles
Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

So this is incorrect. OK.

While I appreciate the effort to give a reply, I suppose we really need proper sources for any such info provided.

32 posts
794 battles

While I appreciate the effort to give a reply, I suppose we really need proper sources for any such info provided.

I liked the effort he put into saying I was wrong...

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

While I appreciate the effort to give a reply, I suppose we really need proper sources for any such info provided.it

It may not be wrong again as that was what I encountered and experienced when I had the icon. 

Also just to back up why training rooms were not related to the icon, had the icon lit up and had desync issues during one of the cbt patches. During that phase I was using the training room almost every day for hours on end to escape the de-sync in random battles while testing out game mechanics.

Personal experience again is much more relevant than unknown quotes.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I liked the effort he put into saying I was wrong...

It may not be wrong again as that was what I encountered and experienced when I had the icon. 

Also just to back up why training rooms were not related to the icon, had the icon lit up and had desync issues during one of the cbt patches. During that phase I was using the training room almost every day for hours on end to escape the de-sync in random battles while testing out game mechanics.

Personal experience again is much more relevant than unknown quotes.

Unknown quotes were from WG themselves.

Regardless, you both think I was having a go at you. I wasn't. In fact I said specifically I appreciated the effort to give a reply.

All I said was that perhaps we need sources for these things given WG is poor at providing its players with relevant info.