You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Premium shop stuff

30 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

So many of you have realised that the other servers like the EU and NA have got a wide range of premium ships permanently available for purchase, along with signal flags, yet we don't. Anyone have any idea why? There doesn't see to be any news on this on the asia website or fb page.

It doesn't seem to make sense why they wouldn't want to sell more ships and make more $$, especially the Mikasa since this is the server that caters for Japan and Japan fans are missing out on this legend?

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

/incomingwallotext

I want to answer this, so that folks can see what the decision making process was here. That doesn't necessarily mean you are going to agree with the answer, but I'll give it to you anyway. Many folks are concerned because EU is selling ships that we are not yet (notably the Mikasa). EU has a large marketing campaign tied to gamescom right now, and are expecting to gain a large influx of customers to their servers - more customers = more folks to sell shiny toys to. NA's marketing campaign is not set to kick off for several more weeks - we have no large event occurring to promote so it doesn't make sense to throw advertising dollars around with no concrete reason or goal just yet. We have an extensive campaign slated to begin a few weeks from now and ramp up throughout the month of September. This is when we expect to see that same large influx of customers. We want to generate the most revenue possible from our promotions, because after all we are a business. We could sell ships now, but it would only be to the smaller group of existing customers.

I know that sucks for you as an existing customer. You see ships that are available elsewhere, and you want them RIGHT NOW, and I totally get that. I'm telling you all of this to set your expectations that we won't be selling these ships immediately - not because we wish to withhold them from you out of some sort of malice or spite, but because it makes the most business sense to wait and sell them to the largest possible audience once our marketing and advertising campaign has a chance to fully ramp up. These decisions were made strategically based on extensive market data, not willy nilly. Some guy in an office somewhere doesn't just sit up one day and say, hey I think I'll sell the Mikasa tomorrow. These things are planned months in advance, and tied to what we know about customer behavior in a given time period, and expected growth of customers based on advertising dollars spent. To set correct expectations, it is HIGHLY LIKELY that EU will sell other ships before us as well, based on their planned advertising dollars spent. We will ALSO have times when we sell things before they do, again based on concrete data and planned marketing campaigns.

As a note, we will be doing giveaways during PAX, just as EU is doing during gamescom. The Tirpitz will be included in that. We also have a ship specific to PAX that will be given away, both at the convention and here on the forums to those who participate in that week's forum contests.

tl/dr There really are reasons why these things occur. All of these ships WILL be made available to you, but the timing across different regions is different.

So unless the ASIA region holds a big game con, we probably won't see much just as the NA server is QQing over EU server getting stuff first.

Edited by Deathskyz

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

So unless the ASIA region holds a big game con, we probably won't see much just as the NA server is QQing over EU server getting stuff first.

*And QQ-ing for the 3x they get.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Greedy pampered peeps.

We had the x2 event for 3 weekends, guess you guys took that for granted as you missed out all the whine on the NA/EU forums.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Beta Tester
18 posts
2,520 battles

Greedy pampered peeps.

We had the x2 event for 3 weekends, guess you guys took that for granted as you missed out all the whine on the NA/EU forums.

Yay a 2x for the first win of the day, how amazing...

Besides the fact it should be a 2x for the first win every single day, and the specials weekends should be 3 or 5x, but whatever I'm just "greedy" and "pampered",

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yay a 2x for the first win of the day, how amazing...

Besides the fact it should be a 2x for the first win every single day, and the specials weekends should be 3 or 5x, but whatever I'm just "greedy" and "pampered",

WoWS's base exp rate is already way higher as compared to WoT, 1.5x is pretty much sufficient. We have 3 weekend special events so far, lasting 3-4 days each time, which is quite a bit more than EU and NA had.

So many of you have realised that the other servers like the EU and NA have got a wide range of premium ships permanently available for purchase, along with signal flags, yet we don't. Anyone have any idea why? There doesn't see to be any news on this on the asia website or fb page.

It doesn't seem to make sense why they wouldn't want to sell more ships and make more $$, especially the Mikasa since this is the server that caters for Japan and Japan fans are missing out on this legend?

Every server cluster is run by their own team. We'll have updates on ours soon - it takes time for new stuff to be added to the shop.

Edited by Syanda

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

The grass is always greener on the other side. Just like how ASIAs' grass was greener to the other servers when the Warspite was sold for 1 week.

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

((Wargaming are going to Australia EB Games expo, we might see some stuff there))

Edit: I was mean to say PAX sorry

Edited by Juan_23

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Wargaming are going to Australia EB Games expo, we might see some stuff there

And PAX Australia down in Melbourne.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

However, back to OPs opening post, ASIAs' premium shop does look barren compared to other servers. All good, means we are not so tempted to splurg real money.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

All servers QQ. One way or another. 

^This

Every single time a low budget event arrives either server whines the ever-living potato out of their eyes.

When replied to with "But two weeks ago we had this" or "But this event is happening next month and we don't know what we'll get then..."

the usual response is silently overlooking the post or without data to substantiate it stating that the overall amount of events for server X is worse.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

Thank You WG - appreciate it

Won't get the  cruiser package, but the flags bundle will boost the charge to the Mogami:D

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I agree with OP to be honest, why is Asia always weeks-months behind the other two servers? 

As explained in other threads, WG is ramping up the stores as the various on ground events are happening, EU having Gamescon, NA getting closer to PAX NA, and our own store getting ready for PAX AU. Expect more specials to start arriving in the coming weeks.

This is a HQ decision, and done for the business.

32 posts
794 battles

WoWS's base exp rate is already way higher as compared to WoT, 1.5x is pretty much sufficient.

Unfortunately this is countered by the fact that in general WoWS battles are way longer than WoT battles. No biggie for me personally though as I enjoy the grind, I'm sure once I get to "that ship" my opinion will change though :P