You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mlanto

everything seems delayed

14 comments in this topic

2 posts
235 battles

my ping is normal 20-30 ms, but when I try to steer, it will respond 5 secs later. I can't damage anyone because I miss all shots. On my monitor I see clearly that I hit them, but no damage at all. My friend who was playing with me said that I dropped shells behind the enemy ship. Like everything is delayed. Uninstalling didn't help. What should I do? :)

[ARSUP]
Beta Tester
19 posts
2,192 battles

Steering input times vary with the different ship types. Also sounds like your bouncing AP shells off thick/sloped armour.

679 posts
3,522 battles

my ping is normal 20-30 ms, but when I try to steer, it will respond 5 secs later. I can't damage anyone because I miss all shots. On my monitor I see clearly that I hit them, but no damage at all. My friend who was playing with me said that I dropped shells behind the enemy ship. Like everything is delayed. Uninstalling didn't help. What should I do? :)

20-30 ping is outstanding, I play with 100 and spike (rubberbanding) to 125/150.

Do you have rubberbanding?

Does your lag light turn red?

This sounds like rubberbanding which in the Asia region is gerally caused by packet loss due to very poor infrastructure (read crap cables)

When I rubberband what you describe happens but only for a few seconds.

Have you tried Pingplotter to find out where the problem is, that's what I recommend.  Find out then return and you will get some suggestions.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I think I know what's you're talking about here. I had a similar problem before, when in some games the ship's controls would be extremely slow to respond. This, unfortunately, is a problem with your ISP (from what I can see about it).

What you could do is simply turn your connection on and off again, and see if it works. I found that switching to another Internet connection did wonders for me.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

^ that is coming from someone in SG/MY, I personally had it once during CBT too.

Edited by Halken_Sky

8 posts
11,541 battles

Hi i am having same problem, i am in Sydney Australia this has now become a joke how can you say its ISP, i have friends in New Zealand who are having the same problem it was working fine before they started playing around with it, i am fed up with this crap paying for a service that i cannot use, and it seems that there are alot of people having this problem it cant be to hard to fix go back to where they caused the problem and go from there why should we have to look for a problem that we did not cause.

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

De-sync problem. Check the link posted by dead_man_walking.

And no, it's definitely not caused by our ISPs. Various reports and tests as well as contacting ISPs directly yielded no solutions/fixes.

This is good. More people should report this particular bug for awareness and maybe the devs might finally do something about it.

Edited by kanade_

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

My experience with it has been as follows:

My home laptop - ASUS RoG G75VW on my home (internode) DSL - no desync problems

Same laptop on Telstra 4G - no desync problems (laggy as all hell tho!)

Same laptop on work TPG - experienced desync problem

Work laptop (crappy toshiba z50n) on work internode - no desync problems

Work laptop via solomon islands satellite - no desync problems but very high latency (need to adjust lead point)

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

De-sync problem. Check the link posted by dead_man_walking.

And no, it's definitely not caused by our ISPs. Various reports and tests as well as contacting ISPs directly yielded no solutions/fixes.

This is good. More people should report this particular bug for awareness and maybe the devs might finally do something about it.

Not so sure about that, at least not in Australia. Seems very much tied to TPG.

Having said that, it's undoubtedly due to whatever WG implemented in 0.3.1.3.

And WG is being typically useless at responding or telling us anything.

The issue was raised via support on 7th June (who told us to post in the bug forum).

I wrote in the bug forum.

Others contributed.

WG 'archived' (deleted to all intents and purposes) the bug forum. More great WG moments.

I've written another bug threat that dead_man linked (thanks for that).

I also PM'd Conan and others FROM 11th June.

Almost 2 months and NOTHING AT ALL OF ANY VALUE from WG.

Utterly pathetic. They should be ashamed if they've any professionalism whatsoever.

They appear not to be. Draw your own conclusions.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Incidentally, am also in contact with TPG. Friend is running a bunch of tests for their engineers.

Contact WG get nothing useful for 2 months.

Contact ISP get immediate responses and call-backs etc from the first moment.

Tell me which do you think is taking it at all seriously? Perhaps that's WG's plan all along. Do nothing and wait for others to try to fix what they created with 0.3.1.3.

Edited by Steeltrap

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

LOL, but this is an issue of support and bug resolution, not QA.

I expect things to go wrong in a beta.

What I do NOT expect, nor accept, is for a company to accept MONEY FROM PLAYERS then do NOTHING to resolve something THEY introduce that prevents those people who paid from playing the game. At all. For more than 2 MONTHS.

It's beyond pathetic.

2 posts
235 battles

Steering input times vary with the different ship types. Also sounds like your bouncing AP shells off thick/sloped armour.

it's not bouncing, it just go through the ship and drop in water. I can see others hit enemies, and i see the explosions in front of the ship, not AT the ship. So I have to use that explosion and imagine where the enemies are.