You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FishyPower

AA gun accuracy

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,229 battles

Hi. I need help with the understanding of accuracy of an AA battery. I got the Umikaze and on the wiki it says that its AA batteries are for show, can someone explain what that means?

Beta Tester
301 posts
113 battles

AA works as a damage over time on the planes within your AA range. How much damage is done over time in a particular AA range depends on the type of gun. So there isn't really an "AA accuracy".

Or at least that's how I understood it back in CBT.

Edited by skittleslol

679 posts
3,488 battles

Real data from ww2

On average 8000 shots by large caliber(4-9inch) AA to 1 kill.

20mm and 25mm = OMG figure for 1 kill.

AA kill in WW2 by caliber (30 cal 4 kills lol), Totals for War

Rounds Kills R.P.B.
5" Com 223,770 342.0 (15%) 654
5" VT 117,915 346.5 (15%) 340
3"/50 29,614 87.5 (4%) 338
40 mm 1,271,844 742.5 (33%) 1,713
1".1 85,996 44.5 (2%) 1,932
20 mm. 3,264,956 617.5 (28%) 5,287
.50-cal 729,836 65.5 (3%) 11,143
.30-cal 112,506 4.0   28,127

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

AA works as a damage over time on the planes within your AA range. How much damage is done over time in a particular AA range depends on the type of gun. So there isn't really an "AA accuracy".

Or at least that's how I understood it back in CBT.

but some time my myogi kill a plane with its first shot .. lol 

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

I got the Umikaze and on the wiki it says that its AA batteries are for show, can someone explain what that means?

The part on the wiki means the AA is so ineffective at doing anything it may as well not exist. To clarify on how damage works AA damage is dealt through a bubble centred around the gun, when a squadron enters that bubble they receive a certain amount of damage per second, which is dealt randomly to the various planes within the squadron, which each have their own amount of hitpoints, eventually if they stay inside the AA bubble long enough eventually they will start losing planes.

195 posts
356 battles

@Storm_, So even if all of the shots (if it's possible, and you can see it) miss, they'll be shot dowb regardless of it?

Alap, WB to WG forums, any chance you'll come back to WoT forums? We all miss you :P.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

There is no missing for AA, all of the visual stuff to do with the AA guns is there because visually it makes sense if your guns shoot at the enemy, but is otherwise entirely inconsequential, a good example would be the Atlanta, whose primary armament also functions as AA batteries, and will shoot down planes while also simultaneously shooting at other boats.

I was never banned off WG's forums, only wot because they didn't like dong apparently, and even if I was unbanned, last I checked the forum was basically dead (CR/D doesn't even have a full page of topics yet...topkek), so I don't really see the point.