Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

how to narrow the torpedo drop spread from planes.

11 comments in this topic

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Just sent both your planes to auto attack target, adjust their angle of approach so their torp path cross left and right?

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I've seen it, where a player drops 2 sets of torps from differring angles at a ship, and owns it. Damned if I can figure out the button for it.

You mean he used Manual torping???

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

You mean he used Manual torping???

You can adjust the angle the Bombers approach no matter which drop you use (Manual and Auto) - So if the guy had really quick fingers he can make one Impossible to avoid.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Attacking from multiple angles is necessary for highly maneuverable ships such as DD and some Cruisers.

Ofcourse, the downside is that you need skills and fast micromanagement to manually drop from multiple sides. Auto drop is still rather ineffective even when you drop from multiple sides I'd say.

If you are in a DD/CA and got owned by such method, you should praise the CV captain for being sufficiently competent at pulling that move off (if it is manual drop that is, easy to tell just by the drop distance).

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

When locking in an auto-drop, you can drag the entry point around to produce the crisscross pattern. Of course, this is subject to the terrible plane AI...

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I can do that. I'm in tie their 4 IJN carrier, and my torpedo spread is very wide when in the water. It makes it so easy for a target to slide their ship between the torpedoes.

I can change my angle of approach to attacks, I can also manually drop. (Every time I manually drop, I watch my torps go UNDER the enemy ship, and NOT hit).

I watched a guy the other day drop 2 sets of torps in one attack, and the spread was very narrow. I mean, you could fit a carrier sideways between my torp spreads afer 100 meters of running.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

You can adjust the angle the Bombers approach no matter which drop you use (Manual and Auto) - So if the guy had really quick fingers he can make one Impossible to avoid.

that CV player is probably a korean st*rcraft 2 or broodw*r player , they are know for their high APM. :teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

I can do that. I'm in tie their 4 IJN carrier, and my torpedo spread is very wide when in the water. It makes it so easy for a target to slide their ship between the torpedoes.

I can change my angle of approach to attacks, I can also manually drop. (Every time I manually drop, I watch my torps go UNDER the enemy ship, and NOT hit).

I watched a guy the other day drop 2 sets of torps in one attack, and the spread was very narrow. I mean, you could fit a carrier sideways between my torp spreads afer 100 meters of running.

Unless you watched him do the torpedo runs in his replay file or any actual video captured on his PC, all other forms of observation either on the team ghost view / aerial Carrier view / receiving end are not 100% accurate as animations do not always sync with server data.

70 posts
890 battles

I am a USN BB player of one month's experience only. I am upgrading my New Mexico today. Half my games are against tier VlI and Vlll CA and I tend to get too far forward even though I am very slow. I know all the other guys have longer range so I try to sneak forward to where my guns can actually hit the other BB players.

So anyway, I am often the big easy target for the first or second wave of torpedo bombers. So I see a LOT of criss-cross torpedo attacks from full flights of aircraft.

I know my problems, but I see some amazing torpedo skillz.

Sometimes, they drop either side of my BB, so close that I can't believe both sides arm, but they do. And I get 5 or 6 torpedo hits on me. There is no time to respond, my rudder has only started to move, much less the ship turn.

What I want to say is:

I read all the threads on CA and torpedoes and never do I see one of these genius players explain. How are they doing it? It is a LOT better gameplay than explained here. 

PLEASE explain to this dummy!

Edited by zzzzYeti

Sign in to follow this